Peaceful Napa Valley

Photo of Napa River taken by author, Deborah-Diane
Laguna Woods, California
Our daughter's wedding weekend is now behind us. The photo above shows the view of the Napa River from the hotel where we stayed and the conference center where the wedding reception was held. The Napa Valley is so quiet and peaceful. I think we all felt very serene after the weekend we spent there. Several evenings, my husband and I walked along the river. Now, our daughter who lives in New York will be staying with us for the next week. Her husband and 10-year old son will be here, too. Because they will be staying with us, our daughter who lives in Irvine and her two kids will also be hanging out at our house quite a bit. Things will be hectic until July 8th! I'm trying to keep us with everything ... but it will still be challenging until things slow down! Hope everyone is doing well!
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
I would love to go for a run with that beautiful scene!
• Laguna Woods, California
There were several people jogging along the river front in Napa. I think it is a popular spot for people who enjoy the outdoors.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@DeborahDiane Yeah with that scene I would go for a nice long walk with my digital camera
• Laguna Woods, California
@BACONSTRIPSXXX - I took my cell phone camera with me everywhere ... but I don't usually post family photos on MyLot.
It's lovely when festivities and visiting spreads itself out over a reasonable period. And think how nice it will be for the first few days after they all leave again!
• Laguna Woods, California
Yes, as much as I enjoy our family time, my husband and I also enjoy our peace and quiet.
@deborahdiane Congrats to the newlyweds. I hope you have a great time with your family until the 8th of July. I want stories of what all of you did while savoring these days with your family.
• Laguna Woods, California
I'm sure I will have plenty to talk about after the family leaves!
@DeborahDiane that is great! Hope you have a great time with them!
• Laguna Woods, California
@Marty1 - So far, all the family time has been wonderful!
It is a pretty view here. I'm sure that you'll have a wonderful, if not exhausting time together now that your daughter(s) and their families are with you for the next week or so. Enjoy!
• Laguna Woods, California
Wonderful and exhausting. Those words will describe the next week perfectly!
@DeborahDiane I have my own wonderful news to share with you......last night our son got engaged! They haven't set a date yet, but we're going up to their place on Sunday, so hopefully they'll have an idea of when by then.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Juliaacv - Congratulations!! That is so exciting that your son got engaged. He must have been nervous!
@responsiveme (16034)
Thats quite a family gathering.Enjoy yourselves.
• Laguna Woods, California
Thank you! This has been an unusually busy time for us!
That's a lovely picture you have there. I simply love such peaceful and tranquil places, away from the humdrum of city life. Never visited Napa Valley before but will surely try to visit. Looks like you have your hands full at the moment what with all those visits and all. Be sure to make them happy and be happy yourself. Enjoy!
• Laguna Woods, California
We had a wonderful time in the Napa Valley. Now, with the family here, we are very busy. I'm glad we had some tranquil time together, first.
what a beautiful view! i can see why y'all'd wish to take a stroll 'long those banks. i've feel most 't peace there myself. yepperz, yer place's gonna be hummin' with activity fer a bit - what a blessin'! i'd so hoped fer the same here, but the daughter'n grands cannot come :( jest enjoy yer family, hon. all "this" 'll still be here when y'ave a chance to catch yer breathe. big hugs!
• Laguna Woods, California
I'm so sorry that your daughter and the grands could not come visit you. I wish I could give you a hug right now!
@DeborahDiane aw thanks, hon. i 'twas lookin' ferward to such a visit. 'twas to coincide with the wee one's first birthday. the daughter's heartbroken to miss this milestone. but, her hubs lost his job'n she'd the need to get 'er one. sometimes life jest happens. thanks fer the kind gesture, my friend!
• Laguna Woods, California
@crazyhorseladycx - I'm so sorry that the husband lost his job and the wife now has to be the breadwinner. That seems to happen a lot these days ... the wife picking up the slack for the guy, I mean. I hope he finds something soon.
I think you will have a great time. It will be easier now that you are home and sleeping in your own bed. As for me, I am feeling lucky. Found a pair of shoes that fit. Wow.
• Laguna Woods, California
Wonderful! I know how important it is to have comfortable shoes ... and it isn't easy to find them. I did get a great night's sleep last night!
@DeborahDiane Good. For some reason or other I did not. That's odd since I didn't do anything different that I usually do before bed. Oh, well. Maybe I'll take a nap later.
• Laguna Woods, California
@ElizabethWallace - Whenever I don't get a full 8 hours of sleep, I always take a catnap later in the day ... and I don't feel a bit guilty about it.
Things are going as good as can be expected here. Lots to do with packing and getting ready to move. Enjoy your time with your kids and grandkids.
• Laguna Woods, California
I have moved many times in my life. I know how much is involved in packing and getting ready. It can be exhausting. Try to take care of yourself!
@DeborahDiane I am. I hoped to do some packing today, but it will wait, I don't have many boxes at the moment. My son will be bringing more home from work in the next couple days.
• Laguna Woods, California
@just4him - I may have to move soon, myself, so I am totally sympathetic!
@Lucky15 (33386)
Beautifu.place :)
@Lucky15 (33386)
@DeborahDiane would love to live there ;)
• Laguna Woods, California
@Lucky15 - Living in the Napa Valley is very peaceful. One of our daughters has lived there for the past 25 years.
Sounds a lovely time my friend and such a lovely place there the Napa Valley. Congrats on your daughters marriage.
• Laguna Woods, California
Thank you! My daughter seems very happy!
@DeborahDiane Welcome Deborah..so glad she is.
@MissNikki (2689)
Wow, congratulations on your daughters wedding! That looks like a beautiful place!
• Laguna Woods, California
Thank you! It was a very beautiful wedding!
Oh that's a beautiful view . What is nice when a wedding is on a far place you will get to stay in a hotel . At least , you get to have a nice mini vacation form household chores during that time .
• Laguna Woods, California
Yes, it was a nice mini-vacation to go to our daughter's wedding!
Beautiful and serene photo. Enjoy your 4th of July weekend and beyond with your family. I know you'll all have fun being together. You can rest afterwards. LOL!!!
• Laguna Woods, California
I will definitely need to rest after everyone leaves! This has been a busy period of time, with the wedding and the family visit. We are loving every minute of it, though.
@sj3011 (631)
Anxiousness started.. the place is looking so lovely.
• Laguna Woods, California
The Napa Valley is a really pretty place.
@sallypup (27055)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Busy, happy you. Congrats.
• Laguna Woods, California
Thank you! We have been busy and happy!