Your food habits

@durgabala (1362)
I have been a vegetarian since birth, and lot of people had advised me to start eating non-vegetarian food to stay healthy with good bones and muscles. But I never felt the need and was not tempted, due to my family culture. Presently it is Vegan / or vegetarian slogan everywhere. My dear friends, what do you feel, what kind of eating habits must one adopt to be really healthy. What are you and why?
@Tierkreisze (1341)
Me and my friend always add chili sauce, fried pepper, pepper powder, wasabi or anything that's spicy on our food. Does that count?
@durgabala (1362)
Spicy food again is unhealthy, but fine if it is occasionally had and in moderation.
@durgabala We're addicted to spicy food, so I guess doing that in moderation is quite hard.
@durgabala (1362)
@Tierkreisze Ok enjoy what you eat, life is after all to enjoy
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
I have been vegetarian up to the age of 28. It's not culture or religion. My parents eat meat, but my mother said, since my childhood, whenever she gave me meat, I always threw it away, she tried everything she could, but later, the pediatrician told her to let me be, and that with time, it will change. But it never changed, so for her whole life, she had to cook another soup for me everyday, because I couldn't even stand the smell of cow, chicken, etc... I was 28, I got contaminated with TB, I was taking my graduate studies, and when I started writing my Master's thesis, a friend suggested that we should go to his province to visit his family, a week later, when I came back, I was coughing, later it turned out to be TB. I started loosing weight. I am what can be call a person with a normal body. I have 161cm, with 60kgs. With my TB, my went until 37 kgs, I became skeleton. The Physician who was attending to me, told me I was lacking proteins, and one of the way to gain proteins faster was to eat MEAT. That was the hardest thing that I had to do in my life. TO EAT MEAT. But I had no partner that time, I just got divorced the year before, I had no one to cook for me, I could just buy food. I tried hamburgers, but I couldn't stand it, I tried chicken, but it was worse, I tried Hotdog, but I had to trow up. But I needed that to gain proteins. I spent almost a year under treatment, eating meat from time to time (as a medical prescription though), after my treatment, my weight went back to 59kgs, and I also went back to my vegetarian diet. For me, it's the best
@durgabala (1362)
Oh that's inspiration!
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
@sj3011 (636)
Am also a pure vegetarian as i Jain.
@magallon (17407)
I know being vegan is healthier than meat eaters but I am not a vegan. I am really used to be a meat eater. So maybe I am not so healthy.....lol
@durgabala (1362)
Nothing like that...maybe excessive consumption of meat will be unhealthy. But is it possible for you to become a vegan, I mean how much difficult it will be for you. I have friends who have transformed into vegetarians for life, hats off to them .
@magallon (17407)
@durgabala I am choosy when it comes to vegetables. I also eat veggies but not as often as we eat chicken or pork.
@durgabala (1362)
@magallon Ya in some places it is very difficult to be a complete vegetarian.