Finally! I Found It!

I know this is small potatoes but the notifications always drove me nuts. There are the likes and then the comments and the mentions. Three per person and I would try to keep up but would get lost scrolling down. I missed many, I know I did even though I tried to respond to every person. I was thinking this morning, I wish there was a way to delete them as you took care of them. I looked for a way and lo and behold, there is a little x at the end of each notification! OH MY GOODNESS! I can't believe I have struggled with this for the several months I've been here! I am laughing at myself now but so happy I found it! I'm usually fairly computer saavy, but honestly, how dumb is that?
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
I always delete notifications as I deal with them, which does make life much easier. I have also turned off some superfluous notifications such as "Likes" because we have no reason to respond to those.
We can turn off the like notification? Wow! How great is that! It's amazing all the little things you learn about a site!
@Asylum Thanks!
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
@Jeanniemaries These little things can make quite a difference.
@skysnap (17960)
I just check notification every now and then ...
I go through them every time I log on.
@responsiveme (16835)
I too discovered what you did .......just oneday by chance when I was wondering on the same lines.
It's nice to know I'm not alone!
I delete them as soon as I read them. No piling up.
When I open up my notifications I quickly scan thru the list and the likes go first and then if there is a mention as well as a comment, the mention goes next. Then when my list is short I can get to the comments. I'm glad that you found this it should make things easier for you too.
Glad you finally found a way how to delete them.
I know! It's crazy it took me so long!
When I first started here, I was so overwhelmed by the notifications the first week that I deleted them all because they made me so nervous. How dumb is that??? Now I have the hang of it using my own weird method. Glad you discovered the X!!
@LoriAMoore (4672)
That's not dumb at all. I'm still figuring things out here.