When you are given something, it is yours to do with as you please, right?

@bunnybon7 (32565)
Holiday, Florida
A while back I sent my daughter in Ohio some dolls she had made and given me when I had my house because I am trying to down size and no way to display them any more. and she said she understood and liked that I was sending them and not selling them etc. She also asked if it was okay to give one to her step mom that admired them. I said fine and I had one left here, so could I send it to her step mom also. she said okay. step mom got it today and was over joyed about it. Next thing I know my ex, that ones dad, calls me all upset and mad because my daughter there called them and told them, I did it for spit because she didn't take me in and those dolls were supposed to be hers This just made everyone upset when I was trying to do something nice and she made it bad. only thing I can think is she thought I sent the one collectable I promised her back, but I didn't. It's the one in the photo. I tried calling her to explain but she would not answer. I did leave her the message. If she thinks she is mad, I am madder I will send her the doll soon as I can and I have been crying over it all sense. That one just always makes something bad out of everything I do and it hurts that I raised 3 of my 5 to be so selfish and spoiled. like I left in my message, I am not dead yet and if she is going to throw fits over things, she needs to put in her requests soon cause she is surely helping along my demise . my daughter here just said calm down and try not to let it bother me but it is another of my adult kids being hateful for no reason toward me, like daughter here said, when someone gives you something, its your to do as you please. right?
I am sorry this upset happened. Take care.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
all uncalled for don't you think?
@bunnybon7 It seems uncalled for. I hope it is all a misunderstanding.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
@paigea pretty sure it is but she needs to learn not to jump to conclusions that hurt people
i fear i'd not cater to this young'uns whims. indeed, once someone gives ya somethin' ya can do with't 's ya please. e'en toss't under a semi-truck haulin' cattle if'n ya choose...
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
so true. that's funny. thanks friend.
@shshiju (9189)
• Cochin, India
Oh that is sad things should be right if a mediator works properly to take away your daughters misunderstandings.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
she called but I think I can't forget it
@shshiju (9189)
• Cochin, India
@bunnybon7 Time will change every things. And remember that she is your daughter.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
@shshiju that is what hurt so bad. she is my child after all. why such hate?
Yes it is yours to do with as you please. My mother was like your daughter. When she gave me something, there were a ton of strings attached in what I could and couldn't do with it. I once sent a check back to her because she told me how to spend it.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
I always thought my oldest was so much like my mom, but my mom never was that way about things given. and my aunt always said when you give it is theirs, and even so give what you like yourself and you will feel good about it. I have given away many things I truly loved myself and felt good that they loved them also, but this just hurt so many people how my daughter was about the doll.
@bunnybon7 That's a shame. When I give things to my kids, it's theirs.
Just let it go my friend . Please just understand where her feeling like that is coming from . Is she one of the 5 that you didn't raise by yourself . Well , if she is , then her anger might have rooted from that . Perhaps , you should talk to her when she has calmed down from it , just as you have calmed down already too.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
i calmed down some when she called today and said she would straighten it out
@bunnybon7 That's good . I hope she has also calmed down when she finally straighten it out with you . She's after all , your daughter .
@koopharper (6214)
Sounds like a misunderstanding. Hope it settles out peacefully.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
it settled to a degree. but I still have ill feelings for her even though she says it was a misunderstanding. she should have asked me first what I sent
@bunnybon7 Should have but didn't.
Be cool And tension free first. I think what you did is correct as there is no possibility to keep it, you given to her step mom who likes and will take care of it. That is good.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
her step mom is now sad and wants to give it to her because of pain it gave her. I tried make someone smile and daughter turned it to pain
@bunnybon7 i am sorry the hear that.
@LeaPea2417 (14677)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Spite and contorting messages, is wrong. Sorry this happened.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
yes that is my oldest daughter for you. she has said sorry she was mistaken since. still she has an attitude with me.
@theBlock (2486)
@bunnybon7 Yes, but some people mistakenly believe they still have part ownership of the item given away.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
anyone with any sense at all knows it is no longer theirs. sometimes i feel i raised a few idiots
@IreneVincent (15190)
Some people can never be satisfied. I'm sorry you have this issue, that I'm sure makes you sad, going on in your life. You did your best, it seems, to explain. So, you will just have to hope for the best.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
yes i have literally moved on from this daughter
oh bunny bob I could spank that daughter of yours for being so bratty the one giving you a hard time about thatdoll.my G your her Mom show some respect to you
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
yes but our kids seem to do as they please once they are to big for us to spank, sadly. thanks hatley
@Rohvannyn (3137)
I think what would concern me most is her lying. Is there any way you con confront her with that and just say "why did you lie about me?" If she won't change her tune, I'd write her out of the will and call it quits. I know you love her but she's not acting like a good person and sounds pretty darn unapologetic about it.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
yes I think so also. I have no will but I am sending her back all the things she bought me worth anything. including the doll in the photo. she called last night and said her dad misunderstood what she was saying, but I say it really doesn't change the fact that this is one more thing she has taken the joy out of for me. she never thinks of anyone else or puts herself in their shoes. if I had any money to leave or anything the kids haven't already leeched out of me, I would sure not leave it to her. or 2 of my boys. out of 5 the 2 middle kids are all that are even half way good to me these days
@sallypup (20771)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Families can such a pain in the patootie. Nobody wins. Everybody screams.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
true. times I thought friends are much better
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry that she has been so rude. She jumped to a conclusion even before knowing which doll you have sent. I am also pretty upset with some members of my family, I am so upset that I think to write a will and I give everything to charity.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
if I had any real money to leave, I would also
@BettyB (4289)
• Summerville, South Carolina
She overreacted. We moved into a smaller house a year ago and are still trying to get rid of 'stuff'. We have too much and the clutter is driving me crazy. When it comes to things I've been given, I've talked to the person that gave it to me. If they want it back, I give it to them. If they don't, it goes wherever I want to send it. So far there hasn't been any issues.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
wish I could say the same but seems my kids are so jealous they don't want anyone else to have anything
@cherigucchi (3943)
Sometimes we cannot expect others to understand our point.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
maybe I should not expect it but I do think she should have called to find out more before hurting others
It is yours to do as you please when someone givs you something.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
that's what everyone says. where is this girls mind.
@MsTickle (24966)
So distressing for you. I have very little to do with my kids these days and I'm sure I'm better off.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
I am soon going to have nothing to do with mine if I ever get away from all before I die
@mavlana (1037)
Misunderstanding always affect relations...if she's not taking your call, you should let it be...you know that you didn't acted with bad intentions.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
I think she did
I guess you need to talk to her. Things will be straighten up after having a call on regards to this concern.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
well she called and said sorry. tried to straighten it out but I still feel bad. don't change things