Steal From Me, Feel My Wrath

@irishidid (8116)
Yesterday they had lost and found out for people to take what belonged to them. I noticed some with my name but didn't have time at that moment to go through them. When I came down for lunch someone had separated the stuff and handed me mine, including a travel cup. I set the travel cup on top of the fridge with my name still attached to it. Later, when I came back the cup was gone. I asked where it went and someone told me who took it. When I saw the person I confronted him about it and he said it was his. Not with my name on it! Finally, he said someone said they could take whatever they wanted because they were going to throw the items out. Come to find out they were told they could take from one box, not the entire lost and found. He helped himself to everything he wanted. I pretty much chewed him a new one over taking the cup. That's stealing. The cup wasn't important, his actions were. While it may not seem like a big deal, some people wait on things they really want to be freed from lost and found to take home. We're talking about a 3 month wait and for someone else to take something that doesn't belong to them is wrong. If the guy is smart, he'll have learned his lesson and I imagine the supervisor will have a word with him when she returns.
He sure did have a whole lot of nerve. I don't blame you for chewing him out!
@irishidid (8116)
The supervisor will have a talk with him but they don't take stuff like that lightly and if he does it again he may find himself without a job.
@irishidid Stealing is never a good thing!
I never could do that as I would not feel right. It was good that you made sure to let him know he was wrong. shopping on others like that. Good grief.
@irishidid (8116)
I firmly believe if it ain't yours don't touch it. I don't care what it is. I don't steal and I don't like being stolen from.
@Mike197602 (13310)
• Worcester, England
Stupid of him to risk his job doing that.
@irishidid (8116)
It would have been an automatic firing if he had stolen from a guest.
@Mike197602 (13310)
• Worcester, England
@irishidid should be fired for any stealing. A thief among work colleagues is bad for morale.
@irishidid (8116)
@Mike197602 I agree but I don't have a say in the matter.
@LoriAMoore (12602)
What a jerk! Get him, get him!
@irishidid (8116)
Oh trust me, I did.
That is stealing as you say. How petty is that? I hope he does get reprimanded.
@yukimori (8558)
Yeah, that's a terminable offense where I work. What a schmuck. I'd make sure the supervisor was aware of what had happened so she can follow up on the issue.