Outdoor Yoga on the 4th of July

Our local museum has a beautiful lawn with sculptures, trees, lovely grass outside of a architecturally beautiful building that houses art from history's greats. A few groups offer yoga outside of the museum about once a week. There's usually a Sunday afternoon class that I've often wished to attend, but never could. Now I've found that through summer, there is an evening class offered on Saturday nights. Today, for the 4th of July, there was a class offered this morning. Today's class fit my schedule and the weather is beautiful. So I finally made it to a class. For some reason, this particular instructor says his classes will be offered in a slightly different spot. Still outdoors, but on this courtyard area as opposed to the luscious green lawn. A friend joined me. We both enjoyed it immensely. The instructor was a US Air Force veteran who seemed to truly love his country. That isn't the sort of thing you normally pay attention to while doing yoga, but today is the 4th of July. So hearing him speak so patriotically on this day was a lovely bonus to the class. Going to a new instructor is always a bit worrisome because you aren't sure what you will get. This guy was fantastic. He included about everything I could want. His style was a Vinyasa flow which meant i was moving and breathing and sweating. He also included a couple balance poses and peak poses to try. I love an instructor who offers a challenge to those who want one and options for those who don't. I will definitely try to attend his Saturday night sunset class in the future! Happy 4th of July everyone!
I would love to be able to join an outdoor yoga class like that. Does he charge?
donations are accepted. so you pay what you can.
@jillybean1222 That is a nice way to do it.
@mom210 (6867)
• Atlanta, Georgia
He sounds like a great instructor, nice to hear about one loving the country right now too, when so many are unhappy with it.
yes, it was such a pleasant surprise! you always hear negativity. the positive was wonderful
@GreatMartin (6546)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
We have HUGE yoga sessions on the beach!! Morning, noon and night!
I meant tot do yoga on the beach last summer during vacation... i didn't. i should have. probably won't be at the beach again for awhile
@marsha32 (6684)
I used to do aerobics class when I had a friend that went with me. It wouldn't be enjoyable without a friend. Are those your children in the picture enjoying the fireworks?
that's from about 10 years ago, but yes, 4 of my 5.
Well that sounds like fun. One of these days we are going to have to try yoga.
Outside yoga sounds interesting. Glad you found a class you could attend
How nice that you got a chance to do a class! Happy 4th!
Glad you had such a good session. As you say, a new instructor is a bit of an unknown quantity. Glad this guy was so good.
Sounds cool and, hope you have a good time, also happy 4th of July.
• Rochester, New York
I enjoy hearing Veterans speak about their experiences as well. The positive ones mind you, my heart breaks when I hear some of the horror stories they have.
• Eugene, Oregon
The great thing about yoga is that you can go at your own pace. I am glad you were able to make this class!
Happy 4th July to you too. Have a nice day.
@lilnana1111 (2337)
That sounds great!
You enjoy doing something more when you have a good teacher like that.
@zarlamain (24866)
That's quite the fun experience!