Went Shopping ... and a little dilemma!

While everyone is out at the beach, park, watching the parades on this beautiful day, we got some errands done and best of all: no traffic and short lines! We went to IKEA, Macy's, and Victoria's Secret. At IKEA, we purchased 2 different kinds of bookshelves - one for the kitchen to use as a pantry to place our cereal, chips, snacks, etc and one for the bedroom like a side table. At Macy's, I picked out a nice outfit for my boyfriend. The jeans are Buffalo David - Slim Straight Stretch Jeans and shirt by Lacoste, a Colorblock Striped Polo. Then, I stopped by Victoria's Secret for a price adjustment. They were telling me I couldn't do the price adjustment because I used coupons. The coupons I used didn't grow off of trees, they were rewards I earned for spending X amount of dollars. I was upset and it was literally 3 people (2 managers and the cashier) against me when I want to do something so simple, get the price difference back. In the end I was able to do the exchange. I returned my black Ultimate Extreme Crop Yoga and got this vibrant palm patterned one instead which was better quality too! I purchased on 6/30 then the next day it went cheaper 7/1... Store policy says 14 day price adjustment policy! How was your day? I heard the outlets had awesome deals, but I didn't want to drive about 45 minutes away to the nearest outlet.
Good for you! You stayed on it. You knew you were right and it turned out well for you. I love it!
They weren't too happy but it's just logic. Either you want to make it easy or complex. I tried making it easy but they didn't want to so, fine!
@infatuatedbby .....Most people don't want to take the time. I'm glad you are.
@celticeagle Yeah, I was already at the mall so I mind as well. Money is money, it was $10.80 back.
I am glad you got your money back. Cute clothes
Thank you! I didn't get it credited to my credit card, but I got the difference back in gift card format. I used it online last night in addition to my purchase.
@infatuatedbby A gift card is just as good as money, if you want something at that store.
@paigea Yeah I'll take it!
I hate when they get away with the "fine print" of things!!! I can understand WHY they wouldnt' want to do the money back thing but it should be allowed all the same.
There was no fine print anywhere saying a price adjustment isn't available if I used rewards (coupons) I earned. They were just making rules up verbally. The receipt said price adjustments can be made within 14 days. I made the purchase 6/30 and the next day 7/1 the price went down by $10 bucks! They said, they cannot do the price adjustment and if I do the refund I will lose my $20 rewards... which makes no sense. So say, I bought a pair of pants, it didn't fit. I go return it and I lose my $20 rewards? They would have to issue me back that $20 to store credit so I can get something else. Some places just make up any rules and if you don't speak up, they will just say "no". I told them, essentially I showed you my receipt, if I had not shown you my receipt - you would give me my money back via gift card. She goes yes but I see your receipt. Yes, so I crumbled it up now you don't. Then, she goes well yes then you will get your money back in full with a gift card / store credit. Sure. So I did that and bought the pants at a cheaper cost. Instead of $10.80 (with the tax) back to my credit card, it's store credit which is fine, I'll still make purchases in the future but still.. they made it more complicated then it should be.
@infatuatedbby It also sounds as if it's to the discretion of the manager. Are victoria secret stores franchised?
@ScribbledAdNauseum I have no clue how it works but it depends on the manager. I usually don't have any problems but today I did.
Well today is quite a nice day for me as I have harvested checks again amounting to $5000. I have never ever used coupons and I'm not sure if it's a common thing here. Normally shops don't give rebates in the form of coupons here at all. So I don't understand how it really works.
Yay to checks, pay day for you? It's not coupons, but you can earn rewards for spending X amount of money. For ever 250 points (1 point = $1) so essentially when you spend $250, you get a $10 reward. But yet they call that using a coupon. I didn't get it for free, I had to spend money to get it.. (accumulatively)
@infatuatedbby We don't have an exact date for payday actually. Checks come on a daily basis sometimes weekly.
@toniganzon that's even better hehe! So that new MacBook Pro coming soon?
@JustBhem (41440)
• Davao, Philippines
Currently I'm starting my day by having breakfast.
Good morning to you! I hope you have a wonderful day! It is evening here. I will be going to bed in a few hours.
@JustBhem (41440)
• Davao, Philippines
@infatuatedbby Have a sound sleep goodnight.
@JustBhem thank you' I slept well. Hope you have a good one too!
Glad that you could do the exchange.
Yes it worked out, thank you!
Your coupons should have had nothing to do with their price adjustment policy! Glad they gave you your adjustment. If not, I never would have shopped there again. Cute outfits!
They consider it coupons. They're rewards because I had to spend X amount of points in this case 250 points = $1 so I have already spend $250 to get a $10 reward! What are they thinking! Thanks! I got my adjustment.
@docmed (6)
• Tunisia
good to buy
Thanks! I had a fun time shopping. Do you enjoy shopping?
@JESSY3236 (7075)
Yesterday I spent the afternoon at my great-aunt's house. I might go shopping this weekend.
Nice to bond with family! Hope you had a good time and happy shopping this weekend!!
@skysnap (17963)
My day was good. I hope you have a good day and week ahead
Glad to hear your day is going well hope you have a great rest of your week and happy mylotting!
@Lucky15 (33718)
Been busytoday ;(
I hope you get some time to relax!
I guess , you have no choice but to conform to their buying policy on coupons . At least you were able to buy nice things with coupons .
Hehe! Just my pants, the others were my boyfriends clothes I picked out! But you are right - policy is policy!
@Macarrosel (7541)
Wow! You bought nice clothes to your boyfriend. Surely he will like them..
Thanks! He liked them, we went together
• Hyderabad, India
u get all thing at finally but every time we can't expect this has to be plan , things chance with time and need to adjust to it and go on , good part u are doing shooing for u and u boyfriend that keep u alive and good relationship b/w u and u boy friend
Yes, my boyfriend and I have a good relationship, after all we've been together for over 9 years
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Wow, you made a great shopping. I shopped last night for home purposes.