What Makes You Happy?

There are many things that can make us happy. Food makes some of us happy. Chocolate can make some of us very happy. Bullies not being able to bully can make us happy too. Watching our favorite shows can make us happy. Having a great family and friends can also make us happy. Having a job you like can make you happy. Having our animals around us can make us happy. Some are happy when they are gardening. Some are happy when the sun is out and shining brightly. Having non-negative people around us should make us very happy.
@1hopefulman (31632)
Yes, there are many things that make us happy. One thing that would make me very happy is when no one will hurt another person.
@1hopefulman Very well put sums up my point of view on life. Especially some people behave like monsters. They think like monsters.
@1hopefulman (31632)
@Marty1 I think that if no one hurt others then we could do so many things that could make us all happy. Just breathing fresh air, eating a fruit ripe from a tree, taking a bit of sun, holding a loved one's hand, the possibilities for happiness would be endless. The biggest monster of all is Satan the Devil and when God gets rid of him and any like him, we all will be happy.
@1hopefulman You are right. I looked at a pile of fireflies out my window last night, and that made me happy! I agree with you. Thank you for the encouragment, you are a pretty special person.
@else34 (13604)
• New Delhi, India
@Susan2015,A steaming cup of tea in my hand and my favourite books and newspapers placed on a table before me.That's enough to make me elated.
@else34 what newspapers do you read? I read plenty of them. I almost gave them up but changed my mind at the last minute. I don't drink hot tea, though. Does iced tea count? what is your favorite newspaper i like the new york times the best Haven't gotten to it in awhile because i was reading other papers
@else34 (13604)
• New Delhi, India
@Marty1 I read three newspapers everyday- The New Indian Express [ English].Jagran [ Hindi ] and Dainik Bhaskar [ Hindi ].All the three are my favourite newspapers.And I love hot tea.
@susan2015 I like to be around my hamster who this morning gave me a grin i think, he has done that before, when he came out of his house in his cage, I said Good morning Mr. Handsome and he is very handsome he came running up to me and had his teeth in a grin. That mad e my day and perhaps he winked at me, not sure about that though
@1creekgirl (11397)
That's so cute! I was playing with my niece's dog and when we quit, she smiled at me! (The dog, not the niece.)
@1creekgirl Yes, that is cute! My hamster actually grinned his two top front teeth prominently showing! He wasn't going to bite me either because i was just going up to his cage. I said good morning handsome and he must have liked that, Never thought a hamster had an ego =)
I get a lot of happiness from watching Mother Nature.
@marlina How do you know it isn't father nature? LOL (Maybe because it is too organized) LOL
@LoriAMoore (4688)
My cat and my husband and chocolate make me happy.
Being around those that I love makes me happiest. Wish I had a job that I actually liked. There was a time that I really liked my job. I want that again! Gardening is a love hate relationship. Hate to pull weeds. Love to see the garden in full bloom.
@ElusiveButterfly Yes, I'm with you on the pulling weeds!
@ELSUIVEBUTERFLY I love flowers, but they don'[ love me in i always forget to water them, and they make me sneeze and have a runny nose. But i do miss a tomato garden, But i can't be trusted to water it. I can't remember flowers in my house!
@Marty1 I have been neglecting my houseplants. Just watered them. They were looking a little sad.
@Lucky15 (33719)
Food and family.makes.me happy ;)
@Marcyaz (35618)
Having family and animals around me makes my happy. Yep having non-negative people around us should also make us happy. Good Post for sure.
@Marcyaz Our two fur babies are at the vet getting groomed. I miss them. Even though it's nice not to be tripping over Penny or having to go around Faye because she's laying in the doorway. Guess I do miss that and the staring at me part.
@Marcyaz (35618)
@Susan2015 Laying in the doorway or tripping over the other one, haha mine are the same and when they stare at us and won't stop means they want something. lol lol good babies. They will be happy when they come home from the groomers.
@annierose (18023)
There are many reasons to be happy if we will only just open our eyes on it. Just thinking of the bountiful blessings we have been receiving every day will make us happy. Indeed, when a person has this sense of gratitude, all things that he sees are good.
chocolate, a hot shower, sleeping in, cuddles with puppies.
I think the things that make me happy are the little ones. Reading a good book, watching our little pup sleep, pulling weeds in the garden, our only child stopping by for a visit etc.
When you wake up and see the clock.you realise that its too late and your teacher will now scold you. You throw your blanket and rush towards bathroom for brush.but your mom smiles and say "its sunday.have rest sometime" You now becomes happier person ;)
@1creekgirl (11397)
Finding the perfect lipstick will thrill me if I ever find it. But having my kids here and when my husband shows how much he loves me makes me VERY happy!
@RubyHawk (28345)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's true, having friends and family around who love us for who we are is always the best.
Coffee first thing in the morning makes me VERY happy
My family, music and swimming are a few of the things that make me happy.
I think that my family and time spent with them, makes me the happiest in the world. We always have a lot of fun together. And chocolate has to be a close second to them-love my chocolate!