I hope they ran out of fire crakers!

Dallas, Texas
I was up all night and they were shooting off those fireworks until the rain came. God bless the rain. It all stopped at or around 1:30 or 2:00 am. They stopped all their shennanigans. Yep I finally got some shut eye. Thank you Mother Nature for the rain.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
ha ha ha don't feel bad the same thing went on here too but they also had music BLARING as loud as they could & the WHOLE neighborhood came down on them to for it cause this is a area that has elderly people here too.
• Dallas, Texas
@DaddyEvil Bud is a Wise old fellow.
@lookatdesktop At times rain can be very soothing especially when it comes at just the right time.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
It alwaqys seens that when the 1st of July comes, the neighbors just can't wait to shoot their fireworks off. It gets me really upset to hear them beng shot off before the 4th, but I will have to deal with it as they are going to shoot them off for about 4 nights. They never seem concerned about other people and the fact there are elderly people that can't take all the fireworks. Don'g get me wrong, I love them, but only the professional ones, as the sound doewsn't bother me then, but to hear them close, they hurt my ears. It is no wonder that the dogs can't stand them.
Good they finally stopped my friend. I did not hear much last night at all. I turned my fan and air purifier on.
• Dallas, Texas
Well that's nice. You have made good use of your new technology. Good to hear you got some sleep.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@TiarasOceanView, Nice idea friend. I do not like fireworks, disturbing, disgusting and scary.
@lookatdesktop sounds like here! Did it happen all weekend like we experienced? Sadly we didn't get the rain to silence them.
• Dallas, Texas
They needed a few ice buckets over their heads. lol yea. It lasted 4 days in a row from days earlier. The people in Dallas are party timers and daily drinkers. It is like living south of the border in Matamoros, just south at the border from Brownsville.
@Plethos (10432)
@lookatdesktop - Brownsville? ive family there, almost moved there last summer.
• Dallas, Texas
@Plethos , Small world isn't it?
@LoriAMoore (4665)
Wow, that's kinda late to keep the fireworks going.
• Dallas, Texas
It turns out one of my best friends went just out of the city limits to his nephew's house where the entire block threw a fireworks party and spent over a thousand dollars in rockets and such. He said, it was well outside the city limits and that he had a BLAST so to speak.
@pgiblett (6587)
I like fireworks, I think most people do, truth is some people like to go over the top and that is sad.
@pgiblett Yes , my neighbor did some after snack time i heard from my bedroom on the other side of the house from them and they surely could not be illegal because i did ]go to sneak a peek and see if it was them as it was like a professional fireworks show and went in the air which is illegal in my state.
@pgiblett (6587)
@Marty1 I have heard that fireworks are illegal in some states.
@pgiblett I was reading a website about the legality of fireworks in the country, and I know they can't go up in the air, but things like sparklers are completely legal. Then i believe Massachusetts and Illinois it is completely illegal; all types. I do know all states have their own rules. I got through two whole states before bedtime, and i read all their regulations. In Alabama, anybody could do a professional show, But in my state, Pennsylvania, if you are deemed 'incompetent' by a medical professional you are 't permitted to give a display. Then some states like Pennsylvania only require 500 dollar insurance which is what people need to will even pay before the insurance pays for their hospital stay called a deductible. Some people have a 1000 dollar deductible. Then 500 dollars when like the Pittsburgh fireworks hundreds of THOUSAND of people showed up to watch. That 500 dollars isn't going very far....
@UncleJoe (10615)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
OMG! I woke up twice dreaming I was back in Nam.
@Genipher (5135)
What a wonderful way to celebrate our independence...by freaking out our Veterans!
@UncleJoe (10615)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Genipher No big deal that I can't get over in a couple of months.
• Dallas, Texas
I heard that. A friend of mine is a Vietnam combat veteran. He likes fireworks but I bet he has some flashbacks when the sound of them going off close to his house at bedtime take on a slightly new meaning for him.
@ElicBxn (60895)
oh... and I'm down in Austin but we didn't get any rain...
• Dallas, Texas
I am sorry to hear that. Rain is always a good picnic wrecker.
@ElicBxn (60895)
@lookatdesktop I'm not much of a picnicker anyway, don't like the heat or the bugs
• Dallas, Texas
@ElicBxn I myself prefer to picnic indoors after cooking outdoors. The bugs, the bees, the birds the fleas. Yadda yadda yadda.
They did not shoot off that many fireworks in this area. I was surprised.
• Dallas, Texas
Did you get to watch? I got a free fireworks show, through the living room window. lol Whether I wanted it or not while watching Alien Resurrection.
@lookatdesktop I saw fireworks from a neighbor through the window during snack time. It was like seeing a show with snacks!
• Dallas, Texas
@Marty1 Oh don't get me wrong. I like fireworks shows only not near the house. There could be a fire from it.
@owlwings (39601)
• Cambridge, England
Thank goodness we don't have to suffer that kind of noise until November 5th (when it's much more likely to rain, anyway). We also have restrictions in place which don't allow fireworks after a certain time, normally 11pm but it's midnight on Guy Fawkes Night (Nov 5) and 1am at New Year, Diwali and Chinese New Year.
• Dallas, Texas
And so it goes ... Ear plugs anyone?
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
Here where I live, they can't shoot them off past midnight, which to me is still to long. My one dog woke up and wanted in my bed so I put her in my bed until 1:00 am when I had to get up and go to the bathroom. I put her in her bed, and she stayed asleep until 4:30 am when I had to let her out. I am so glad it is over, as I can't stand what they do the dogs ears.
• Dallas, Texas
Indeed. I know what you went though. I used to own a dog named Pepper. He was a Bassett Hound and Beagle mix. A snoopy looking doggins. He would howl anytime it thundered and when a siren went by the house.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
@lookatdesktop My dogs don't like thunder either, but here where I live in Oregon, we just don't get all that much thunder or lighning. I am going to get them thunder shirts one of these days, as they are supposd to calm them and they won't bark or have anxiety issues.
• Dallas, Texas
@rosekiss I am amiss as to what a thunder shirt is.
@LeaPea2417 (21554)
• Toccoa, Georgia
We need rain. We are in a big drought.
• Dallas, Texas
You might be able to dig for water in some kind of well. Seriously. Don't they have underground wells around Georgia? I know my step son lived in Bogart at one time and lived on a plot of land where they had a well.
@LeaPea2417 (21554)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@lookatdesktop Some areas have Wells and some don't. When I was a small kid, we lived in Stone Mountain Georgia and had 4 acres in a more rural country area and we had a Well. I have memories when something would happen where the water would become muddy for around a day or two. All the water coming out of the faucet would be muddy. I asked my Mom why this happened, but now I forget what she said. This happened around two times that I remember.
• Dallas, Texas
Well rehab after 20 years of use
@ElicBxn (60895)
I went to bed early since we didn't get much sleep the night before. Yes, we could've slept in, but we were trying to get the roomie back on her work schedule, so we got up early. Despite being tired, we also didn't take a nap. So, while she can pretty much sleep through anything, I sleep like a cat (lightly.) I went to bed about 10:30 and they were still blowing up LOUD fireworks in the apartment complex behind me. Even the cats reacted to some of the booms. I finally couldn't stay away at about 11 something and after one exceptionally loud boom, I went to sleep and didn't hear a thing until around 6:30 a.m., then I woke up, looked at the time, and went back to sleep for another hour or so...
• Dallas, Texas
Yes, I got up an hour late to make up for lost sleep. There are still a few lost hours I can't make up for no matter what.
@ElicBxn (60895)
@lookatdesktop I hear that. The roomie is saying she's still tired, and that's not a surprise, it always takes a few days to feel better when you miss a lot of sleep...
• Dallas, Texas
@ElicBxn Sales for coffee nationwide will be tremendous this week.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
At least save by rain. I hate fireworks.
• Dallas, Texas
The rain did the job. lol
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@lookatdesktop Thankful to rain, very good rain.I love rain.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
It doesnt rain in this part of the world on Dec 31st... that is when many opt for fireworks here in India. Our Independence Day (Aug 15th) does not have any fireworks though.
• Dallas, Texas
How about multi-colored sky lanterns?
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
@lookatdesktop These are yet to make an entry here in my state. There are some though that are not that multi-colored but yes, on special religious days, we get to see the plain lanterns in the sky. The first they put some up, many of us mistook them to be some small meteors falling (though our area never has had any meteors yet).
@hostessman (9755)
• Tucson, Arizona
we were lucky, we didn't hear to much noise with the fireworks
• Dallas, Texas
In Arizona? Hmm. The police must have made some rounds don't you think?
• Tucson, Arizona
@lookatdesktop they might have or they just wasn'tclose by
@DWDavis (12910)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Our neighbors were more courteous about their fireworks. I didn't hear any after about eleven. We had rain from just after seven until a little past nine and for a while we were wondering if there'd be any at all. Glad you were finally able to get some sleep.
• Dallas, Texas
I envy you your neighborhood. I live in South West Dallas, where the police get more to do every day of the year than any other place on the planet.
@DWDavis (12910)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@lookatdesktop There are certain parts of town where the police seem to have to respond to a shooting every day. You can probably guess what demographic group populates that part of town.
The fireworks ended pretty early here around 11pm so it wasn't too bad.
• Dallas, Texas
I sometimes wish I had a rocket launcher. lol Just kidding. Not serious. Please note that I have a raw sense of humor at times.
@Deepizzaguy (14521)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The Lake Charles area could use some rain since it has been hotter than an oven although clouds have lowered the extreme heat warnings. There was a moderate fireworks display on Monday.
• Dallas, Texas
No rain means dry grass and that is a bad combination with fireworks.
lol, the rain ended here in time for the booms
• Dallas, Texas
At least the ground was wet to prevent the possibility of fires.
@RubyHawk (28313)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I was surprised that we didn't hear many fireworks last night, we had a little rain today, but I was hoping for much more.
• Dallas, Texas
Even here in Dallas, where thunderstorms are sometimes infrequent but lately more frequent due to some upper level jet streams going on, the lightening and thunder can be far louder than any amount of fireworks.