Publishing in Amazon

@Meramar (2299)
Some time ago, I started to write books. One is already published as a traditional printed one. Now, the second one I wrote, is finished and I think about publishing it as an ebook in Amazon. As it will be my first experience to public an ebook, I have to check up how to do it. I am wondering if someone already has got some experience with publishing ebooks in Amazon and wants to share.....
@skysnap (17818)
I have published one book on amazon. It takes a lot of efforts to get reviews and then some sales going.
@Meramar (2299)
The beginning seems to be quite difficult until you built up an image in there....
@skysnap (17818)
@Meramar yeah need atleast 5 reviews for sales to be regular.
@annierose (17690)
@skysnap, are you a full-time writer? How do you handle editing on your works?
@annierose (17690)
I haven't done it yet but I am interested on does it go. It sounds very interesting to me.
@annierose (17690)
@Meramar Is writing your profession for a long time?
@Meramar (2299)
@annierose Writing is not really my profession right now, but I would like to be a professional writer. I started two years ago and, at this moment, I have one paper book published and another manuscript finished which I hopefully will publish soon as an ebook. Apart from that, I am working on my third book. To get a writer, is a hard job and it's a long way to walk for until you may get fame and some income. It's not easy, neither impossible. Until then, I have to work beside.
@annierose (17690)
@Meramar I admire writers because I want to be just like them someday. It is the reason I love to read, because the more I read, the more I get an idea how will I write something. By the way, who motivated you to write or what motivated you to write?
@egdcltd (6491)
I have three short ebooks on Amazon at the moment, but none are particularly successful as yet. I'm planning at some point to give them another go-over for errors, then release one free for a day. This should hopefully boost it up the rankings and get it some visibility and, hopefully, reviews, and possibly increase sales of the other two books as well.
@egdcltd (6491)
@nomus24g Yes, editing is important, but often self-publishers can't afford to hire a professional, at least at first. Once you can afford it, it's definitely a good idea. I know from personal experience that I can proofread other people's work better than I can proofread my own.
@nomus24g (21459)
@egdcltd but getting your 1st book out and creating the right noise is equally needed...as the next books will fall in place... I am coming up with my 1st book this year end and I am keeping no stones un-turned for a good professional launch...I know, I have to shell out good amount of funds, but then without spending you wont get any returns as well...end of the day I want 2 publish n become a well known author n not do charity.. well..my thoughts though, u may not agree 2 it :)
@egdcltd (6491)
@nomus24g My three Kindle books are all rather short, and under a penname. They aren't really worth spending much money on. If they were a couple of hundred pages, that would be a different matter.
@nomus24g (21459)
I always prefer a Paperback over eBook...
@egdcltd (6491)
Me too. Amazon also own CreateSpace, which allows authors to create print on demand versions of their Kindle books.
@Meramar (2299)
Personally, I prefer to read printed (paper) books, but to publish my own ones, I prefer to use both, printed and ebooks, as I can reach a higher public to read my books.
@nomus24g (21459)
@Meramar make sense :)
@Wordly1 (478)
• Kingston, New Hampshire
Publishing on Amazon sounds easy until you start reading through the 'maze' of rules and instructions. You might try UTube; they have tutorials on just about everything.
@Meramar (2299)
I love Utube. It offers plenty of material about almost everything.
@tech40 (9221)
The more reviews the more sales
@Meramar (2299)
Reviews and publicity, that's very important.
@tech40 (9221)
@Meramar Yea that's correct so that the next purchaser will be aware will know regarding on the book
@rbailey83 (1401)
I've always wanted to write and publish a book. Ha! I have considered starting many times I just can't get organized. I like printed paperback books myself, but I was raised on printed books. A lot of people are starting to go electronic so it would be a good idea to publish as eBook, and a good experience.
@Meramar (2299)
Using both, ebooks and paperbooks, might be the best option to reach a wider public to sell your own books, once you get them written.