Feeling like a blob

By Miki
@Micmac (6993)
It's too hot outside to do anything. I am not doing much of anything today. No work, no cooking, no chores. I have to sit by the fan and cool off. Good thing I have myLot to keep my mind off the heat and left over food to eat for dinner. I'm trying not to use the a/c because it's too expensive to run. I may have to give in and put on the a/c later if the weather is too humid.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
I feel the same, I just want to be home layed out like a sack of potatoes!
@Micmac (6993)
@BACONSTRIPSXXX I think I might turn into a blob monster if this heat keeps up.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@Micmac Lol good luck, as soon as I get home im taking a cold shower!
@patgalca (14061)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I had no choice but to do some outside work in the heat today. Hubby is away and his garden was looking a little dry, and the pool water low. I had to pull the hose out to the front to water the flowers, with some difficulties which had me climbing over our partially built backyard deck over and over and over again. I was hot and aching. But I got it done.
@Micmac (6993)
@patgalca Oh my, what an exhausting day for you. Take it easy my friend in the heat. Maybe try watering the garden after the sun goes down if possible or early in the morning when it's a little less humid.
@patgalca (14061)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@Micmac We had been away a couple of days and the flowers had been neglected. I just couldn't stand to see them wilting the way they were. I got a more of a workout than I've had in a long time.
@Micmac (6993)
@patgalca A good message will help those aching muscles. Hope you get relief from the hot weather soon. I wish I had a pool right now!
@skysnap (17494)
We have rain going on here. I can't even think of A/C right now. :D
@Micmac (6993)
@skysnap At least you're enjoying a cool rain. It's suppose to rain today here, but it doesn't cool the humid air and there is no breeze in sight.
@skysnap (17494)
@Micmac hoping it rains soon.
@Micmac (6993)
@skysnap The rain came, but the heat is still on. I am a total blob and will remain a blob until the heat is gone.
@kepweng (6985)
i watch before a movie called blob are you familiar with it?
@Micmac (6993)
@kepweng haha That movie was a good horror sci-fi movie. Yes, I enjoyed 'The Blob' movie too. I watched that movie, the old version and the newer one. Both were good.
@gudheart (12785)
You need days like that and to just rest :D I hate hot weather too.
@Micmac (6993)
@gudheart Yes my friend, I am resting by the fan most of the day and night. With such high humidity and heat, I feel more of a blob today than yesterday. The heat will continue this week so I will evolve into a blob monster.
@salonga (28072)
No work, no cooking, no chores! Great! But not too humid day.
@Micmac (6993)
@salonga Oh yes, I'm on a temporary hiatus until the heat subsides. That sounds great, less humidity in summer is very comfortable weather to enjoy.
@rina110383 (24253)
I hope the weather will be a bit cooler for you tonight.
@Micmac (6993)
@rina110383 I was hoping too, but no, it's still very hot. I slept restlessly with the fan on. Looks like the heat will continue this week, so I will sit like a blob and eventually turn into the blob monster... grrrr.
I'm sorry. I would literally die without my AC, and so would the kids so we have to run it. I hope it cools off for you.
@Micmac (6993)
@LovingMyBabies I had my a/c on for awhile in the afternoon. Then I used the fan at night, slept okay, but not the best. Unfortunately, I am still feeling like a blob as the hot weather is still here. I think it will be even hotter tomorrow. ugh!
It is hot and humid here too. 90 degrees is a bit too hot for me.
@Micmac (6993)
@Corbin5 I hope you get relief from the hot weather soon. From sitting so long by the fan, I feel like a blob. I use the a/c sometimes, but not all day and seldom all night through.
Not too much point in suffering!
@Micmac (6993)
@marlina You're right. It usually gets most hotter at night, so on goes the a/c. It's high 90's today, and going to be hotter tomorrow.
I am not running mine now either. I just got the air cooler running and that is fine. I put ice and cold water in it an it cools the room.
@Micmac (6993)
@sharon6345 I think I will get me a tall glass of cool lemonade to drink and myLot some more. The fan is quite comfortable for now. Stay cool my friend.
• Pleasant Hill, California
It's sunny and temperate here today. I got a few things done around the house and am going to head into work soon. Just did a MyLot post, and did some MyLot chatting earlier in the morning between dishes, a progress note, watering the balcony plants, etc.
@Micmac (6993)
@TheHorse I wish I could be busy now, but the heat just knocks me out. Sounds like you're having a good day there, and enjoying a seasonable weather.