You might get more than expected at a buffet restaurant

You might get robbed! Sometimes people worry about chowing down at a buffet restaurant because of germs - you know, all those strange people sneezing and breathing on the food. That could turn you off for sure. Others don't like the 'self-service' deal - when they eat out they want to be waited on. I get that, I like to be waited on all the time! But I do like a good salad bar like Ruby Tuesday has. A woman in Chattanooga, Tennessee got more than she expected at a Golden Corral at Hamilton Place Mall. Her purse was stolen and the crooks (video of them should help get them caught!) used her credit card at Target and spent $1,500. Morale of the story - don't leave your purse at the table when you go to the buffet line or to the restroom - take it with you, don't leave it there for the scum of the earth to steal. When did common sense go out the window? You don't leave a purse sitting at an empty table at a restaurant while you go fill your plate....come on people...think. Photo: pixabay.com/en/lady-woman-fashion-leather-purse-42118/
I cannot believe that there are women leaving their purses at the table. Of course I always bring it with me, but I was born in Italy, so I have the habit never to leave anything unattended.
If I don't want to carry mine to the buffet I tell my husband he can go first and when he comes back then I go but I make sure purse is near him and I don't think anyone would try to reach thru him to get it LOL
@AbbyGreenhill I never leave my purse to my husband. The only time I did, when I came back, my purse was on the chair and he was looking around to find salt and pepper. I do not trust him anymore
@LadyDuck I trust mine - he knows I'd scream bloody murder if he messed up LOL
I don't like going to buffets because the quality isn't that great. But I know what you mean ~ some people think everywhere is safe and set their purse down.
@AbbyGreenhill Totally, some do not have common sense. I have had a girl ask me if I can watch her laptop while she went to the restroom. Along with her personal belongings. If she had asked a wrong person, don't expect it to be there when she's back.
@infatuatedbby You must have an honest face!
@AbbyGreenhill I guess so! What if I had to go home or something, or an emergency. She's lucky I stuck around.
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
It's pretty amazing how sorry but it needs to be said....... stupid some people are. I hope they find the scum bag who took her purse and she learns a lesson.
The next time it could be much worse - hope she figured it out now.
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
@AbbyGreenhill I hope so too
@fishtiger58 Some people never learn but since it was on the news maybe she'll wake up.
I am a Golden Corral fan. Exactly right about common sense. To leave your purse behind is like asking for it.
What's your favorite at GC? I used to only eat three things: Rotisserie chicken,mashed potatoes and carrots. My husband went for all the fried stuff.
@AbbyGreenhill Always start with a salad. Then shrimp, rolls, rice, whatever strikes my fancy at the moment. Then there's desert....
@JohnRoberts Oh, the hot bread pudding....that was always good.
• Denmark
A hard lesson for the woman.
It sure is, hope she did learn from it.
@silvermist (15807)
@AbbyGreenhill That was stupid of her.Though there is no Golden Corral here,there are other Buffet places.We too take turns to get the food.
Taking turns is the best way.
same thing in grocery shopping.I have seen more people leave their purse in the cart as they look around. Abby I hate buffet.Never did like them.
Ruby Tuesday just has the salad bar which I love, but we haven't been to a buffet place since we moved here 3 years ago.
@CoralLevang (39738)
I wish we had a Golden Corral out here. The last time I went to one, the only time I went to one, was when I visited my sister in Tulsa.
We went to them in different states and different cities, some are better than others. We went to many of them as mystery shop jobs.
She should have known better than to leave her purse at the table. Really.
People don't think....unfortunately.
@UncleJoe (8071)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I'll bet she won't leave her purse again!
I would bet you're right - or we can hope so anyway.
This is really stupid behaviour. I can't believe how gullible and naive some people are.
They live in their own little world..or in their own little mind I guess.
@Platespinner (18072)
Leaving a purse unattended is always a mistake.
Yes it surely is.
@Shiva49 (9201)
That sure will kill all the appetite over and above the loss of contents. I keep a close watch over them (touch wood) as I know the real loss is greater than the contents and the time - siva
It's the aggravation of replacing all the credit cards and license.
I've seen women hang their purse on the backs of their chairs too which I would never do. It's just too easy for a thief
Yes, another stupid thing the ladies to. We're all far smarter than that!
• New Delhi, India
Really such a big mistake
You got that right, really big - good thing they have video surveillance.
@LeaPea2417 (14614)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I agree! At restaurants, I always put the purse right at my feet and at buffets, I always take my pocket book with me when I go to the food bar to get more food. And , of course I always take it to the rest room with me.
@lilnana1111 (2462)
I agree, I take mine with me, by the way Ruby Tuesdays is one of my favorite restraunts.
@JESSY3236 (4885)
I always take it with me and I never leave it on the table.
this is why hubby and I take turns going to refill so one can watch our stuff
I try to avoid buffets because they are gross. I have a slight problem with germs and the idea of everyone else touching, breathing, and sneezing on the food I am suppose to eat grosses me out.