At a loss for words...

By JJ
I've already been awake 4 hours, but I haven't been posted on the Internet. The first thing I saw today was what happened in Dallas Texas. As I try to wrap my mind around what kind of society I am living in, I just can't seem to find anywhere to grasp and hold on to this situation. I keep coming back to one question: What were they trying to accomplish?
Much of downtown Dallas was in lockdown after snipers shot 12 officers, five fatally, during a protest over deadly police shootings.
I imagine they were trying to dish out some form of payback.
• Dallas, Texas
@NJChicaa Y'know given my disdain to my own ethnicity I cold say:"They're black folks, whadda ya expect?" But rather than do that, I'mma just say "yeah, that's about right..."
@BettyB (4304)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I don't think they're trying to accomplish anything. Its violence for the sake of violence. The only thing it could accomplish is more violence. We're living in a scary world today.
Yes, you summed up one frame of the human mind we have to contend with.
I think sometimes people never fully mature, they confuse hatred for an action by one, and apply that logic to a group. A blond person stole my bike once, there for I need to go all toddler tantrum with a weapon on ALL blond people....
What is happening is horrible, there is never a reason for the violence. I wonder what lies behind.
@dodo19 (26637)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's such a sad situation. I feel sorry for those affected. I can't help but wonder why. What was the point? But I'm not sure if I'll ever know.
@Genipher (4795)
I'm guessing the "point" was revenge.
@dodo19 (26637)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Genipher I guess it could have been. Either way, it doesn't seem right.
@Genipher (4795)
@dodo19 I completely agree. As someone else here said, "Two wrongs don't make a right."
This is a dreadful situation. You do have to wonder where it will all end.
Unfortunately it will not and we are at the precipice of worse yet to come.
• Dallas, Texas
@JohnRoberts "Unfortunately it will not and we are at the precipice of worse yet to come."
All I can say is I am glad I'm up in years and not someone who still has a whole lifetime ahead of them, the future isn't looking very good right now.
@AutumnSnow (4623)
It is so sad and it has got to stop.
@mammots (3296)
I think its a retaliation of what the police did to the two black americans. I really hope there wont be anymore killings of these kind in your country.
There is no need for all this hate and violence over what they think of as revenge. It's heartbreaking the world we are living in now.
@koopharper (6032)
Completely senseless. Any sane person would be at a loss for words. I'm just horrified especially since we had several officers gunned down in Moncton a few years back.
@RubyHawk (18687)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It's disturbing when a terrible thing happens, but we can only try to wrap our mind around it and get on the best we can. it would be wonderful if we could right every wrong but we can only do what is near at hand.
@Rikamaru (67)
Still can't believe this is happening here in our country please pray for everyone involved in these tragic events!
@shshiju (8810)
• Cochin, India
It is very tragic that terror is increasing everywhere.
@silvermist (14782)
@JolietJake I was watching the news on TV.This definitely is an act of revenge.But what is the use of more bloodshed?
@ilocosboy (24797)
When will they stop? This is the second question.
@akalinus (12442)
The news is saying that it might have been a military type ambush. My heart is breaking. The world is broken. How much more can we take?
@Lucky15 (33315)
Oh..i missed coughee.moment. am late. Lol
It's just sad that this is the world we are living in
@crossbones27 (13514)
• Redlands, California
The never ending story of modern times.