Sometimes I like to get too loud for the hell of it...

I mean what the heck...I don't need all this volume in a 15 x 9 room, but sometimes, I just gotta start hooking up amps and seeing what I can do. What I'm running right now isn't obscenely loud...that will happen later in the month ...but I am running three power amps to three sets of speakers, so it is loud. Two amps redline at 200 watts each per channel, so I have 800 total there, and the third one shoves 250 per side, and I use it to throw 500 watts at the subwoofers. And you could say it is overkill...but these are my baby amps. I could drag out three of the heavyweights and get 3000 watts, but that is just ridiculous inside...however, when I do an outside event in August, I'll probably run four of the big boys. Let me tell you though...Paula Abdul sounds REALLY good on this thing. *turns it up and rips the knob off*
@Mike197602 (13866)
I've got a tiny studio flat in a big townhouse. My downstairs neighbour said my tv is a little loud. I'd love her to be below someone with a loud stereo...any stereo to be honest
I hate neighbors...always have...even 'nice' ones...especially 'nice' ones...they're the ones that end up causing the most hassles
@Mike197602 (13866)
@JolietJake i'm stuck with her. Also on the 18th I'm due to have a 21 year old nurse move in above me...I know what nurses are like
gee mahybe I cold actually hear Pau;la Abdul with that much sound lol I hate that Im losing some hearing need to see my doctorfor referral to an ear doctor I think I do need a hearing aid lol
My Dad uses one now, I figure one is waiting for me a few years down the road.
@JolietJake hopoe I soon get one and that he does not dither around on health issues as i do. darn dont you either its just not wise JJ
@crossbones27 (20779)
• Redlands, California
I like to scream just to scream. Does that count? I see nothing wrong with pissing off your neighbors every once in a while. It keeps them honest. Keep up the good work, all though you must really be trying to upset them if you are playing Paula Abdul. lol
Hey, that 'Forever Your Girl' album was made for showing off subs...that's why my turntable is suspended...vibration causes massive feedback from the subs
Why on earth are you listening to Paula Abdul?
It keeps people away
@koopharper (6641)
I crank the tunes with my earphones in. My wife worries that I'm destroying my hearing. She no longer enjoys loud music. When I've got the volume about right I open my mouth wide and then she can hear it at about the volume she likes at the same time.
(One of) The best things about living alone is no one is here to tell me it's too loud...and I couldn't hear them anyway if they did
@JolietJake I can't hear her either but once she managed to get my attention the facial expression and the gestures speak pretty clearly.
@koopharper It's about time all this equipment got a workout anyway...some of it I got 6 months ago and haven't tried it out yet
You don't think you're getting carried away a tad too much?
Naw, I'm only using 15" subwoofers, I didn't hook up the 18's
Here, this is one of the subwoofers...one on each side of the bedroom
@JolietJake And where are the tweeters? Just joking. Some hobbies have funny names for things.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
I bet all your amps go to eleven!
My dream is to someday hook up everything and see what it'll do. I think I have around 7500 watts of power available if I hook up all 9 amps...I really gotta stop collecting this stuff
@pgntwo (21947)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Funny, @boiboing, I was about to say exactly the same!
@pgntwo (21947)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@JolietJake All the lights will go out, and you'll have a shed load of deaf squirrels...
Crank it up! "Straight Up?"
I catch a bit of flack from some people, because I am known as a rocker, but 'Straight Up' and a couple other cuts on that album are my 'go-to' tunes for checking the system out
@JolietJake -It was a good song.
@teamfreak16 That and 'Opposites Attract' have some great low-end bass going on
SSSSShhhhhh it's too loud!
Huh?? Did you say somethin'? I can't hear ya, the music's pretty loud
@JolietJake read my lips
@OreoBrownie (3639)
• Elberton, Georgia
I like loud too. I don't know why. It's like it's not comfortable unless it's loud.
I like live bands, and I run sound for some occasionally...I've always been a fan of loud, and these days I have the equipment to make it how I like it
@sugartoes (41975)
• Greencastle, Indiana
GOOD LORD man you gonna need a hearing aid after all that, HUH? you say see that's what I MEAN... you GONNA NEED A HEARING AID you hear me now?
Heck, I'm running the LITTLE amps
@AutumnSnow (4583)
I know what you mean but for use we'd get in trouble in this apartment complex but yet some can make all the noise they want. I've often threaten to blast kid rock or Metalaic when they start in fighting at 6 am every morning. I can't wait till we can move in a few months then I can blast my music all I want. I love Paula Abdul blast some for me,lol.
I've got a house with a bit of space between me and any neighbors luckily. I'd never make it in an apartment, I'd be kicked out in a week.
I want to rep the speaker in the kia with something with the same power but much less size, some of those amps get huge!
@nanette64 (17836)
• Fairfield, Texas
I hope Scar is outside @JolietJake or he'll become deaf as a door knob.
Yes, do that. I love to listen to rock as high as it will go.
@Lucky15 (33719)
And i am thinking...what are the songs of.paula abdul. Sigh