Camping....

So I went camping with my family and boyfriend this weekend. Friday wasn't a good start. We didn't get to the campground until three that afternoon then it took and hour and a half to get everything up and ready. It then rained for the other 30 minutes. About 5 o'clock my parent decided to take the dogs home and my boyfriend started cooking. About 20 mins of them being gone the wind picked up and it started to rain more. We thought it was just going to be a quick shower and be over. BOY were we wrong. It very quickly poured down and the wind picked up. We didn't have enough time to put the canopies down and put the radio or grill up. We lost two canopies, a radio, and a lantern. My boyfriend and I were trying to hold the canopies down but the wind was so bad that it was sliding us across the ground and my boyfriend is not a little person at all. Eventually, he let his go, grabbed mine, and told me to get inside the camper. Once inside the camper was shaking a lot and the windows on the opposite sides were almost touching each other. My boyfriend unlocked his truck and told me to run to it and we drove up to the bathhouse so we were out of the woods and no trees would fall on us. Over 2,000 people in my town lost power including our campground. There were trees all over the roads. I was cold, wet, and very miserable.
So sorry to hear that the camping trip didn't go as planned. Too bad!
What a miserable way to start the camping trip. I hope things improved afterwards.
I have never had this experience while camping.But I did hear stories similar to yours. that must have been awful there
@sishy7 (27736)
oh no, sounds like a stormy weather and definitely not an ideal one to go camping in...
@inertia4 (27000)
It sounds like a complete washout. I was never one for camping. To me camping would be going away and staying in a nice hotel. LOL. Oh yeah, with room service. I am glad you got to a dry area. If I ever do go camping I will most likely came in my yard. LOL. Sorry for the laughs. I am not laughing at you. Maybe next time you will have better luck.
@nomus24g (18429)
Must be a horrific experience, hope now its safe n sound...