Through Weeping Eyes!

I watch the news and hear of unrest, anger, hatred and Violence. But here is what I see: 1. Children 2. Sons 3. Daughters 4. Fathers 5. Mothers 6. Aunts, Uncles and cousins 7. Grand Parents 8. Neighbors Human beings all of them! For the act of one person people start to spew hate and violence for all of the people from a group. Without letting the full story come out assumptions are made. People cry out for change but can they look within themselves to bring about that change? Will you join me in Making a change in the only one I can (myself)? If I change then others will change too. It is the only way!
Micheal jackson said it best.
@sharon6345 The real question is will we stop fighting each other and start with ourselves?
Sometimes it only takes one to change a few and than on and on.
@jstory07 A beach comes about one grain of sand at a time.
We all need to make changes for the good of all with whom we share this nation. I will join you!
@Corbin5 Truth! Thanks for joining me. spread the word!
• Riga, Latvia
@Berniezeitler All the people in this world need to look at one another like human beings with kindness, compassion and love.
• Dallas, Texas
@Berniezeitler I am now a member of Team BernieZ
@LoriAMoore (12508)
I'm with you.,
@LoriAMoore It's a mirror at a time thing!
• Rochester, New York
Thank you for recommending this post to me. It's much appreciated! :)
Thank you for suggeating me. Broom sticks is stronger when tied up united.
@Berniezeitler Very nice. I think everybody should make that change. I for one will be with you on this one!
@Marty1 Well shucks!! Glad to have you along for the journey!
@Berniezeitler I am glad to come along!
@patgalca (13791)
• Orangeville, Ontario
If I say what I really want to say I will start a backlash. But, yes, obviously there needs to be changes but in more areas than one. I am in Canada and yes, we have some of the same problems, just not nearly as bad. I don't need to verbalize the one major difference.
@puddleglum (1444)
Agreed. Your post reminded me of a song I loved to sing at church when I was a child, "Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me."
@msiduri (5846)
I see sadness.
@Shiva49 (8766)
That is the only way and let that trigger a real change for the better : "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" I recall Gandhi: “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” "An Eye for an Eye Will Make the Whole World Blind" An inclusive ride should help all - siva
@Shiva49 Thank You for reminding me of these key quotes!
• Dallas, Texas
Gandhi was both a leader and a visionary.
@1hopefulman (17405)
"An Eye for an Eye Will Make the Whole World Blind" Most people have no idea what that means. Everything is taken out of context and misunderstood by a world that does not want to understand. Jesus said: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. Love your enemies. Have love amongst yourselves."
@KristenH (18289)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Amen, Bernie. Stop the violence. Stop the police brutality, stop the hate against white and law enforcement or the gay and lesbians. We should all come together and love one another right now.
@KristenH We can only change ourselves so it is truly time for us to do this!
@KristenH (18289)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Berniezeitler I hear you.
@KristenH It is necessary to hear ourselves and then it is easier to hear others.
• Marion, Kansas
Our hearts should all be breaking right now.
@GardenGerty Yes they should!
@suziecat7 (3443)
• Asheville, North Carolina
We are only a strong country if we are united.
@akalinus (12442)
Very well said!
Thank You @akalinus!
@ida123 (6290)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
i agree with you, change must begin within us.
@garymarsh6 (11912)
These words are so true. I hope many people read this and heed your advice. It is so simple.
• Midland, Michigan
I didn't get your picture at first, but what a perfect representation of this topic. It's unfortunate that people feel the need to post their opinions about situations on facebook which blows everything out of proportion.
@alberello75 (10956)
• Genova, Italy
But I wonder: Can humans put aside hatred, violence, and all the bad things? The humanity would require a radical and instantaneous change of its aggressive mentality!
@1hopefulman (17405)
We can! The question is will we?
@alberello75 (10956)
• Genova, Italy
@1hopefulman Yes, in Italian we say "Volere è potere" (more or less = will is power)
@1hopefulman (17405)
I also weep and not just for what is happening but also for what is coming which is going to be so much worse. Mankind has been sowing the seeds of violence and hatred for thousands of years and it will soon climax with a full harvest like never before. We reap what we sow. I really wish it were different but mankind in general doesn't want different. So sad! But on the other end there is the Bible, which predicted things going from bad to worse and then it says God will intervene. Psalm 92:7 American Standard Version (ASV) 7 When the wicked spring as the grass, And when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; It is that they shall be destroyed for ever. It like in the days of when Noah lived. Wickedness abounded and God had had enough. Soon, He will have had enough again. I hate violence and hatred and destruction and try to hurt no one. I try to promote love, tolerance and peace.
@1hopefulman It is only through his love that people will find love!
• Rochester, New York
I love that song. It's actually the only one by him that I like. Unfortunately some people would rather stay in the same rut that they are in and would rather have others change because "they" don't need to.
@LisaSteinmetz Fortunately some see the change in us and decide to make that change in them.
@DWDavis (11218)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
That song is certainly apt for these times.