Walk, Walking, and More Walking…

@BettyB (4209)
Summerville, South Carolina
Yesterday Chris and I went to the Met Cloisters, a museum of medieval religious art and toured the gardens around it. The artwork was fascinating and the gardens lovely, but my poor feet… We started the day with a walk to the subway, 10 blocks mostly downhill. We had to change trains twice and then walk to the Cloisters. We spent three hours exploring and then had to walk back to the subway. After the long ride back, we had to face the uphill trek to the house. My feet hurt but we’ll be out walking again today. We’re heading to the Museum of Natural History. I’m looking forward to it, well, except for the trek to and from the subway. The picture is not from the Cloisters. I can't upload them until I get home next week, but we saw so many flowers that I thought this one would work. The picture is mine.
This flower is beautiful, I love the color. Three hours walk are a lot of walking, I understand why your feet hurt.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
It was worth it.
@BettyB I know sometimes it's worth walking, I love to walk when I visit cities.
It would be better if it were the other way round - you start off uphill, so that the final leg would be down - much easier. Glad you enjoyed it anyway.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
New York subway entrances always seem to be at the bottom of a hill.
I can't walk for a very long time at all. My legs couldn't handle running and walking.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
My feet were crying when we got back but it was worth it.
@BettyB I'm lazy to walk lol. I would rather cycle though.
@succeednow (1636)
The first day of walking may be tough but if you do it often enough it'll be a breeze after a week. Walking is good exercise and it's free. Did you have to pay a lot to get into the museum?
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I walk two to three miles every morning. It was the uneven walking surface, hills, and heat that bothered me. The shoes I was wearing didn't have as much support as I'm used to either.
@BettyB In that case you should be fine. Just need to get proper shoes.
It's surprising that NYC has so many hills. I learned that when pushing baby strollers. I always wear comfy shoes when traveling. The Museum of Natural History is close to where my son used to live when he first married. Have fun!
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
They're way more hills than one would expect.
@acelawrites (12285)
It is a nice activity; you enjoy the art exhibit, etc. then you get a lot of exercise walking.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I like to walk and do so every morning. That's why the ache surprised me. I knew my feet would be tired but I didn't expect them to hurt.
@sofssu (14447)
With all that walking I bet it hurts a lot. Rest your feet and get ready for tomorrow's excursion. I love the amaryllis Mrs Garfield.. one of the favorite flowers in my garden.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I love the amaryllis. I just wish they bloomed longer.
• New Delhi, India
Flower is beautiful. Walking is a good exercise.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
Yes, waking is excellent exercise. I shouldn't complain as I usually walk every morning.
That's a lot of walking. I'm sure your feet are sore. Enjoy the Museum of Natural History. The flower is beautiful.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
We enjoyed the museum. We spent several hours there with our son and his girlfriend.
@BettyB I'm glad you had a good time there. It's easy to spend hours in a museum.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
@just4him The walking was worth it.
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Ouch-my feet hurt just reading about it...but, it sounds like it would be fun.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
It was fun but I should have brought better shoes with me. If I had my walking shoes I wouldn't have had a problem.
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
Isn't that the way, I'm a great one for forgetting to ration my walking in the first days of a holiday. It sounds like you're having fun.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
We had a wonderful time and my feet recovered. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
@marsha32 (6689)
Sounds like despite your feet hurting you are getting in lots of walking exercise and seeing some fantastic things at the museums too.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
We've had a wonderful time here in New York. We'll be heading home tonight. I'm glad. While I had fun, I'm ready to sleep in my own bed again.
I love the cloisters, they have some of the most phenomenal tapestries. You did do a lot of walking. Up near the M of NH is the New York Historical Society which has loads of great items in their collection. I also like the Museum of New York City and the Jewish Museum. (Leonard nimoy did the audio tour the last time I was there)
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
We only went to the Cloisters and the Museum of Natural History. It was all we had time for. Next year...
That is a lot of walking. Mine would hurt a lot after that. Walking is good exercise.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I love to walk but I didn't bring shoes with enough support. I've been paying for it for a few days now.
@LoriAMoore (4684)
I'm hoping all of my walking will keep my legs firm and toned and get rid of the wiggles in them. :-)
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
Walking is good exercise. My legs are nice and firm. I wish I could say that about the rest of my body.
@sol_cee (17412)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Maybe you'd walk faster back home if you think about myLotting what you've seen or experienced.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
We walk at a pretty good clip at home, but I have better shoes on. It makes a difference.
The flower in your picture looks like the sword lily.You spent a couple days walking around ,which did wear you out.I think where you live is famed for the Cloisters
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
the Met Cloisters are famous and after visiting them, I understand why. It was an amazing day even if my feet hurt when we got back.
@rina110383 (24070)
I love the color of the petals.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
Thank you. It's one of mine, not from the gardens we saw yesterday. I don't have a way to upload my pictures until we get home.
i'm so delighted that y'all made such'n effort to see such - what a gift :) yepperz, best thingy't times fer those achy feet's to set 'em to task yet 'gain. otherwise they tend to show their anger fer days. i dunno if'n ya got access to some epsom salts?? a soak with such might jest be the ticket'cha need. can't wait fer photos 'n more tales'f yer adventure!
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
Oh, we put them to work again. We spent yesterday at the Museum of Natural History. My feet won't get a break until we head home on Saturday.
@Lucky15 (33698)
Aww.. hope it will be better later--your feet
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
They're doing better. Two days of constant walking was enough. We will be taking it easy today.