Do you have a special place to read?

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I have been doing extra reading for fun lately. Books both that end up on my Kindle, online research which i read and take notes on every topic imaginable and from books of nonfiction i take notes! I was wondering where do you read? Do you have a special place that you end up reading most of the time you read? I end up reading in bed propped up against a lounging pillow. One of those who side arms and a high back, and i just read that for relaxation this past weekend, and i placed a pillow; my mom would use on the couch to prop herself up. Just a plain feather rust colored square pillow, But when i put it under my knees for the support, it is so relaxing. The first night i put it there, this past Saturday i fell asleep at before 7 pm reading! I was so blissful it lulled me into sleep because i was leaning all the way day on lounge pillow almost on my back with it propping up my head! I now know to sit up, or i might miss out on a part of my book! I have been sleeping better because i keep it under there for sleeping, too!!! Where do you read fellow my lotters? Is it a different place all the time or do you have a special cozy place to read that you go most often? Just wondering as I got to thinking of it as I picked up the pillow from the floor that fell off when i got up to go to get some breakfast!
@Lucky15 (30094)
My room with doors locked so tht no one bothers me. Lol
@lucky15 that is why i live myself, so I won't be bothered if only i could lock my phone from calling, but it is a land line and can't not have it on in case it is somebody i actually don't mind disturbing my reading lol! not room many people lol!
@Lucky15 (30094)
@Marty1 i want to be drawn on what is on the book. Lol
@Lucky15 Truthfully, the book i am reading or whatever i am reading is usually better than my phone calls! lol!
When the weather is nice I enjoy reading outside but generally I read in the living room in my comfortable recliner
@maryilyynda1225 I am going to try my recliner in the living room, for a change of pace!
@Marty1 I love being all curled up with a good book
@Marilynda1225 Do you read on a Kindle or anything like that or do you like a paper book better? i read both. I go to the library and read paper books from there and read Kindle books also. I can curl up with a Kindle, but it is nice with a real book!
@else34 (12365)
• New Delhi, India
@Marty1,I read in my bed and at late night only.My bedroom is small and I have managed to have my bookshelf there although it occupies a large place there and makes it even smaller.But I have no other place to read.
@elseme34 i completely understand how you feel. I am in a small room too and am overflowing with books! I doi t late at night after i woke up from going to sleep relatively early. I don't sleep more than 4 - 6 hours on a good night! I like to go to bed early then get up about 1 or 2 am and start to read. Then will do that most of the day!
@else34 (12365)
• New Delhi, India
@Marty1 But reading in that small room becomes very difficult in summer.This year we had an extremely hot summer.My room became a furnace and I had a hard time reading the books I was so eager to read.
@else34 Yes my room gets kind of hot, too. Had the ceiling fan on this morning but so far this afternoon it isn't too bad. We are in summer right now, and it is some days warm, hot then cool.
In bed, always in bed.
@toniganzon Yes that is where i do most of my reading unless of course i am reading and taking notes then i sit up at my writing desk as it is impossible to write in bed for me
@Marty1 I don't write in bed at all too. Just read. I usually read before going to sleep so it's my bed. But reading a newspaper is a different story, that would be my office desk.
@toniganzonIread my newspaper in bed, too! I seem to be attached to that spot!
@brokenbee (7731)
I also read while in bed. Other times, inside the comfort room. Hahaha you may find it weird but yes, I do that. My mother also takes down notes when she's reading. She also loves to read and I had acquired from her reading inside the CR. Lol
@brokenbee which room do you consider the comfort room? Is that your bedroom because you can put on your pajamas and get comfortable?
@brokenbee (7731)
@Marty1 comfort room is our restroom or toilet.
@brokenbee oops sorry i made a mistake i never heard it called that before! I guess it is a comfort lol! Some people do their best reading in that room!
@teenspirit (1443)
balcony..:)
@teenspirit What is your view and atmosphere on the balcony? It sounds like a divine place to read, Do you go out at a certain time? Last week at 7 am i sat on my porch reading the newspaper, that way i could listen to the early morning bird tweets! It was like Heaven so peaceful!
@Marty1 I have a "nature" view, some trees and garden I love to read in the sunrise the skys colors so beautyful::)
@teenspirit That sounds great! I have some trees and evergreens but alas no gardens. Which with how allergic i am to flowers i guess is the best for me or i would be too busy blowing my nose to enjoy whatever i was reading at any given time =) ever see the sunset?
• Calgary, Alberta
I love doing it in my bed. So yeah sometimes I wake up with my face on the top of the kindle.
@captalbertwhisker Do you have a Kindle, too? Do you like it better or just the same as paper books? I am worse; i woke up Saturday, and i could 't find my Kindle!
• Calgary, Alberta
@Marty1 I live in a small apartment. A shelf with tons of book will make a room smaller. I have a kindle tablet because I can have thousands of books while I live in a small room/
@CaptAlbertWhisker i have a fairly big house all to myself and zI still don't have enough room for all my paper books! But i do enjoy my Kindle for the very reason you do. I have thousands of books, too! I just ordered a new one for 33 dollars this morning because i am getting old Kindles and could not refuse the deal and it was a Kindle Fire too! It was for Amazon Prime deal! I needed another kindle because my two are running out of room!
Found this quote on "reading" this morning, very interesting, don't you think ? "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." –Haruki Murakami
@marlina I love the quote reminds me of fifty shades of gray and how everybody read that book. My aunt even knows a man who read it; I think my mom must have been thinking the same thing as the author if the quote because she forbade me from reading it. I mistook it as an innocent love story, Did you find this great quote in a book or online? I have been reading and taking notes on the computer to do more research online a book about natural remedies for allergies! I have a lot of books by authors that aren't well known and i think i am going to read books that others aren't reading!
@Marty1 I found that quote online. I love to collect good quotes.
@marlina I never thought to look up quotes. What do you lookup to get quotes? I would love to read them but don't know where to look?
My favorite spot for reading is in my bed at night, just before sleeping time.
@marlina I read in my bed regardless of the time of day! I sit up aganst a pillow with arm like sides to it. I also read right before bed tha is a given the other times are when I have a few spare minutes!
@Marty1 You sure love to read @Marty1
@marlina it is the only thing that relaxes me which is why i read before bed, and it makes me as happy as I am capable of being. I love it, but i also do it for my mental health!
I don't have a special place to read, but I read anytime and anywhere. Most of the time I read in my bedroom, using either my computer or my tablet; both have Kindle on them, and now and then an old fashioned book. Sometimes I like to read in my bed, but the problem is, I end up getting too comfortable and I become very sleepy to the point of a nap. I've even read in cars during long trips, and in waiting rooms because you know how the wait time is at such places. I get bored very easily, and having reading material handy makes the time go a little faster.
@firestoem0122 I also get very tired, so i sit up in bed. I take books to doctors offices etc. as I get very bored easily, too! So, i have kindle on my Kindle which is considered a Tablet do you have the app or an actual Kindle? i love my Kindle ordered another one for 33 dollars yesterday and guaranteed delivery today because my Kindle is a few years old so i thought i would take advantage of the deal. So, i am going to be reading even more than I usually read in the future as I decided I wanted to read even more!
@Marty1 I once had the actual kindle, but the screen broke on accident. Lesson learned, never keep a kindle reader in your jeans pocket, ever. So now I have a regular tablet with the kindle app, and my laptop has the kindle app as well. Because of the tablet, I doubt I'll ever get a new kindle reader. I was kind of upset because the kindle reader had been a gift, but eh, what can you do? Lesson learned. What type of books are you interested in? Any favorite authors?
@Firestorm0122 I didn't know you can break a kindle screen? My favorite author of all time is Edgar Allen Poe not much a fan of his poetry, but love poetry of other authors. I like Sylvia Plath and Anne Sexton as a poet. I am currently reading a culinary mystery by Janelle Gradowski a new author for me but think it comes from a series. You can find the series on Kindle at least banana muffins on mayhem on Kindle Unlimited if you get that which I highly suggest it if you don't.Will read rest of series if on Kindle unlimited. I like mysteries the best! If you couldn't tell. I also love Ruth Rendell as a mystery writer.
In the sofa in the living room is the most comfortable spot for me to read anything.
@susan2015 That is great you have a comfortable spot! have a nice reading day!
@Marty1 I'm off to read the newspaper!!
@Susan2015 Honestly, i was just going to do the same pretty soon! Have fun reading your newspaper! I will have an enjoyable time with mine!
I've tried reading in bed, but it isn't comfortable, I usually read sitting in a chair or at a table so I can lay the book down and just turn the pages. I don't have a Kindle, maybe one day. If I'm not driving, I'll read during long trips. My trips to Milwaukee are a good example of that. I don't usually do any online reading. That's strictly research.
@just4him research for you info or your books? I like to browse around. See what i can find interesting to read. I think the Kindle was the best purchase i ever made. It keeps so many books stored. It is amazing. One has as many books as they want at their fingertips. My best used to be uncomfortable until when I got the pillow to lean against much more comfortable.
@Marty1 I've always wanted a Kindle, just never had the funds to get one.
@VivaLaDani13 (15516)
• Perth, Australia
@Marty1 When I do read, I usually do it while I am laying in the bath. That's pretty much my favourite spot to read.
@vivsdani13 I can't read in the tub as I drop m reading material in the bath tub!
For me the best place is in our bedroom , me lying on my side of the bed , with the lampshade on . And yes , i also put a pillow under my knees while i lie down to read . It's so comforting to my knees . i
@rebel_woman06 Yes, i also have a big lamp right next to my bed. The pillow is so comfortable that I use it to sleep, too.
@Inlemay (16695)
• South Africa
I like to lie on my bed in the afternoons and read, otherwise at night before bed
@inlemay Yes, that is the way i like to do it, too., I usually do most of my reading early morning as I am usually up by 3 or 4 am so most of my reading is done then
@annierose (14839)
Hi! I am a book lover as well. It is the reason, I will also include a category in my blog about the stories that I have been reading. I do not have any special place when it comes to reading. I can read anywhere. All I just want is a quiet and bright place to be able to enjoy what I am reading. When I am in bed, I do not like to lie down and read because it will make me want to sleep. I just love to sit and then just read.
@annierose Yes, i found if i lie down i fall asleep, too so I sit up in bed and read. That is a brilliant idea for a blog I am sure you will have many readers. Sorry, i didn't answer you in your last response what i was reading. I was gooing around a book from book to book at the same time but decided to stick to banana muffins and Mayhem i have about 30 percent left to go. I am only going to read one book at a time starting today
@rina110383 (21764)
On my bed or here in my office.
@rina110383 I am a fan of reading on the bed and I sort of have an office with my computer and two desks, so I like to think of it as my office even though it is in my room! I might make another room in my house into an office and reading room
@dodo19 (23865)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I do enjoy reading in bed. Especially before I go to sleep. I do also enjoy reading on our sofa. Both places are comfortable.
@dodo19 glad you have two places to read that sounds nice!
@gudheart (12920)
I only feel comfortable reading in my bed, under my duvet :D
@GUDHEART YES that seems to be the consensus i am getting! i like being under my blanket with it just on my legs, too! =)
Same as you. Reading propped up in bed these days. When I worked, I read during breaks and lunch.
@johnroberts when i was in school i read between classes waiting for the teacher to start and during lunch! had a three-period lunch in my senior year and i would do all my homework and then read in the special 'senior commons' where we were unsupervised during lunch and when the rest of the school had study halls.