Off to a GREAT start today!

Did I get your attention? Okay then...read the title again...but this time, read it in a voice heavily laden with sarcasm. I thought the day was starting out okay...got up, let Scar out on the lead, started the coughee machine, fired up the computer...and it was being a bit wonky. Having trouble scrolling pages, but it does that occasionally (I need to do a clean install of Win 7 but don't wanna mess with it). But okay...no problem. I go to facebook for a minute, then come here for a bit and look around, then check the weather and fire up the sound system and start doing a video for Morning Coughee Moment on facebook. And when I checked the video, there was this darned low-frequency hum in the background. Crap. Things like that annoy me. So I started checking connections and wires and stuff...can't find out where the noise is coming from. I finally gave up (for now) and posted the video anyway with a note telling people to ignore the humming sound. Then I heard Scar at the door wanting in, so I go open the door, in he comes, TO THE FOOD BOWL!!! His normal morning routine. And I come back to the computer, sit down...and the chair dumps me on the floor. I knew it had been feeling weird lately when I was sitting in it and couldn't figure out what was wrong...I guess a weld on it had cracked, and it finally gave out. R.I.P. computer chair...you were a faithful companion, and I shall miss you. I'm just hoping that's the end of problems this morning... *raises coughee cup in salute* G'mornin' myLot!
I was gonna do a MCM but between facebook updates and some cable problem somewhere...
@Inlemay (17140)
• South Africa
Good Morning to you too JJ - I am about to set off to play lawn bowls which is my absolute favourite pass time and my cats are lazily on the couch!
@silvermist (20114)
Good morning.But here it is 3.45 PM. Happy that no bones were broken though you fell down with the chair.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
LOL what a sight that must have been,hope you have a substitute chair.I usually use my computer while sitting on the sofa, not good for the back l know.You have a blessed day.
Are you sore? I hope a new chair won't be too expensive.
I caught myself so the only thing that got hurt was my feelings. I haven't priced them yet, but good ones aren't cheap
Actually, after taking a closer look, I think I can have the old one re-welded for maybe $10-15 or so...a lot cheaper than buying a new one and having to 'break it in' so it's good and comfortable
@JolietJake That will be great if you can get that done.
Good morning, I hope that your day goes better and that you can fix your chair.
Nope, the chair is toast, I'll have to buy a new one or just use a regular chair
@JolietJake I just sit on the couch with my laptop on my lap, so I don't have to worry about a chair. That keeps me from working on the computer for too long at a time too. Maybe you can find one this weekend at a yard sale.
@Juliaacv I'd been using this one for years, had it here at the house for the past 2, and used it at work for 2-3 years before that...it was pretty much molded to fit my butt perfectly
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I hope it is the end of problems for you today too. For me, days that start like that seem to last all day.
That is what bothers me...they seem to go on all day for me too when they start out that way
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@JolietJake Did you day get any better?
@simone10 A little, but it was still 'off' a bit
Good morning to you JJ, did you get hurt? I hope not. Falling from a chair that breaks can be painful. Let's hope that the problems are over for today.
I'm getting a bit aggravated with humanity in general, seems I keep running into idiots every time I turn around this morning...think I need to get off of the Interwebs for a bit
@JolietJake Humans hurt more than everything, especially idiots, I agree.
Did you immediately look round to see if anyone saw you fall off your chair?
I could hear Scar snickering in the background
@JolietJake I could fall off my horse in the middle of a thousand acre paddock or in the middle of the bush and the first thing I always did was check to see if anyone was watching. I guess you made Scar's day.
@dodo19 (33974)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Certainly not the best start to the day. Hopefully it gets better.
This may be one of those days with small aggravations scattered throughout it, but I sure hope not.
@dodo19 (33974)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@JolietJake It may be one of those days, but we can always hope. It never hurts to hope.
@Lucky15 (33687)
Where are you sitting now then?
In just a regular chair
@sulynsi (2836)
@JolietJake ok, you CANNOT sit in THAT! crowd sourcing anyone, to get this man a chair?
@owlwings (39871)
• Cambridge, England
Nothing quite as bad as a chair which suddenly dumps you on the floor! Maybe the low-pitched hum had resonated at the exact frequency of the weld and crystalized it so that it broke (or maybe Scar had something to do with it. Needing food is a sure sign of energy dissipation!). Maarnin' ter yew, bor!
For about a week now the thing just wasn't sitting right, it kind of leaned forward a bit but I couldn't figure out why. I think I figured it out now.
@koopharper (6900)
Sitting on a crate now? I hate when mornings start like that.
I've got a chair to use, but already I miss my old one...this one doesn't swivel or roll or lean back (without falling over backwards).
@sishy7 (27594)
My eldest son went through at least 3 chairs like that over the last 10 years or so... I don't know what he does, because the rest of us would be using the same kind of chairs and nothing happened... Yet the ones he uses always break...
I think I would have gone back to bed and pulled the covers over my head !! lol
lol, the chair decided it had had enough!
@nanette64 (18079)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oye vay, what a start to the day @JolietJake .
@crossbones27 (21982)
• Redlands, California
That has happened to me before. Well, without the Scar part and the humming noise. It actually happened twice and was funny twice and also made me mad twice. That is why I only use tree stumps to sit on now, lol They do not make them like they used to.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
Some days just be like that lol, have a good one
You just had to get it out of the way. Now you're good to go for the day.
Good morning to you and I hope that is enough of the bad stuff for today.
@skysnap (18038)
Happened with me once with fiber chair.