Rich Young Ruler

@Dena91 (4185)
This week's Sunday school lesson is from Matthew 19:16-24 about the rich young ruler. 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. 23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God (KJV) The way the Lord is leading this lesson for me is about how this young man thought that by keeping a few commandments he would be in good standing with the Lord. Jesus saw right through that and got the the heart of the matter. No matter how many commandments he had kept, he still was trusting in his gold rather than God and his silver rather than salvation. That's why he went away sorrowful. He didn't want to be 100% committed to following Jesus as He has asked us to do in Matthew 22:36-40, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. What about us? What is hindering our following the Lord 100%? Do we look good on the outside by keeping a few of His commandments? Do we understand what He wants from us is our lives completely, not just keeping a few of His commandments. The Lord has challenged me this week with this lesson. I have always told the ladies that it usually works that way, that He is showing something to me that I need in my life to be better at or to repent of. When He allows me to then I share it with them. I'm humbled that He would consider me to share His word. I pray that I would always do it in love and with humbleness of heart. Have a blessed day.
It seems the word right now is commitment. I saw that as well in my studies, and the revival at church is also on committing to God. God knows what we need and his church isn't committed. You're not the only one who needs that message, so do I as well as the Lord's church. Have a wonderful blessed day.
@Dena91 (4185)
Thank you. I hope that the ladies got the message yesterday from the lesson. Because if we aren't committed to Christ now we'll be sorrowful for all of eternity. Have a blessed day friend
@Dena91 I agree and hope your day is also blessed.
• New Delhi, India
Why you post Bible wordings in discussions?
@Dena91 (4185)
I am a born again Christian. This helps me with my Sunday school lessons I teach. Helps me look at it and meditate on it. I also enjoy sharing God's word with others. Have a blessed day
• New Delhi, India
@Dena91 that's a pretty cool idea. Spreading teaches of the Bible to whole world