Don't let the online stores mess you over

Over the weekend I ordered some pool supplies from a online store. We had ordered from them a few weeks ago and everything went smoothly. This time I ordered three items and they were supposed to arrive in two separate boxes on July 13th, yesterday. One package did and the send box was delivered by UPS today to our front porch. My husband brought the box in and opened it at the kitchen counter. One item in the box was 5 pounds of Soda Ash. That is use to raise the PH level in the pool. The Soda Ash container was inside of a plastic bag. When my husband lifted it out of the box soda ash went all over the place. The lid of the container was broken and the plastic bag had a hole in it. What a mess. Since the container was destroyed my husband had to find something to use for what was left. He figured he lost at least half of he 5 pounds. I told him I would call and complain - and I did. The gentleman I spoke with apologized and then he said a replacement will be shipped out tomorrow at no charge. It wasn't an expensive item but we sure didn't get our $15.99 worth! I thanked him and we hung up. You have to stand up for yourself at brick and mortar and online stores! Photo is mine.
I have heard some people say that online stores are actually more responsive.
We don't have a lot of stores to pick from so online shopping is a necessity where I live.
It's good that they're replacing the item. It isn't good enough really and there is no reason you should put up with the consequences of inadequate packing.
Can you imagine the mess if that had been a liquid instead of a granular?
@AbbyGreenhill I don't even want to think about it!
@JudyEv Me neither
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
Glad you called and they are sending a replacement,that`s real good customer service.
Yes, definitely good customer service. and the man was nice, not rude like some are.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
@AbbyGreenhill some of them are scary to talk to and will make you feel stupid for having called,been there know how they talk to people,
@miniam I am sure some are like that just as they are in 'real life'.
Good for you for complaining.
My husband says I have a big mouth! and he's right!
It's nice when a company stands behind their product even when you order online. Glad they are sending a replacement
Yes, we are happy too.
Yes we sure do. I do call if complain online if something isn't right. I also do the opposite and call or go online if I like a product too.
praise where praise is due! I write for a friend's blog so when I find something "good" I usually write about it there.
nice when they send replacements out with no huge argument!
I didn't anticipate a replacement. I thought maybe a buck or two off the price.
Tyhhat is great you are getting a replacement since you loss half of it.
Yes it is now I can continue buying from them.
the pool looks very inviting there.Good for you to spend some time there.
My pool is why I love summer!
@skysnap (17819)
Sometimes some online stores don't provide good products and service.
If they didn't make good on it I would never buy from them again.
@kaka135 (14017)
It's good that the online store owner took the responsibility and will arrange a replacement. I think it's still quite expensive, moreover, it's their fault for not checking it properly before shipping it out. I think it's good to let them know, not only to complain, but to tell them about that so they can be more careful in future.
It was packaged poorly and that's their fault. I am happy they will replace it.
@LoriAMoore (4830)
Oh that picture of a pool looks so good I want to just jump right in.
I was in for an hour - it's really too hot to enjoy it.
@nomus24g (22216)
the online stores plays with the trust of the consumers, they dont have control over the supply chain n handling departments, where majority of the items get distorted...last month, I had order one book online n imagine they have delivered it to some other address n happily updated it online as "DELIVERED" ...had to then take it up with their Customer Care head to get it resolved
We never had that problem. I think the company I bought the pool stuff from isn't a huge outfit.
that can be most frustratin', but i've found that most folks're quick to fix the errors. heck, i jest ordered my supplements'n this past week. fedex put the box'n my mamaws porch...where nobody lives. when i did the online survey, i mentioned such. 'twas shocked they sent me'n email apologizin' (the company i ordered from...not fedex) 'n credited me back 20% 'f my purchases. not 'xpected't all, 'n i told 'em so.
Who actually messed up the company or Fedex?
@AbbyGreenhill fedex, 's 'tis the norm 'round here.
@crazyhorseladycx We live in the boonies and UPS and Fedex are great, never had a problem with their delivery.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
Fortunately I have never had any problems with online orders, so I have never needed to complain p.
It happens once in a blue moon - I had to clean up the mess that's why I complained!