New neighborhood: awesome park!

@Rohvannyn (3117)
I walked to the neighborhood park yesterday. It's about a third of a mile away, more with the alleyways I took, and though its' small - maybe a couple small blocks in size - it packs a lot of fun into it. There are the obligatory trees and grass, a dog park area (scooping mandatory) with water fountain and attached water bowl, play equipment, and a full service outdoor fitness center including instructions on how to do all the exercises. It's great! A very fun part of my little excursion was the wildlife on the back alley bike path I used to get partway home. I saw a great big rabbit, a nicely sized lizard, many tall cacti, and a stand of bamboo, too! Bamboo. Growing out of the back of someone's yard. So cool to see. My plan is this: To walk to the park and back as often as I can, in the mornings before it gets really roasting out. Once there, hang off the chinning bar (I have to use the jungle gym, I'm so short) for as long as I can. Try to increase my time. Eventually after I've gained enough strength and lost enough weight, do a pull up. Then more. After it gets really easy and quick to walk to the park, I'll add a backpack or weights. I don't want to increase my distance because I only have a certain amount of time to walk in. It's so cool to see a park with opportunities for exercising, climbing, and playing for people of all ages. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've seen a real jungle gym!
@nomus24g (25427)
these well planned parks actually helps citizen to freshen up their mind from maddening traffic...
@Rohvannyn (3117)
That's so true! I'm not used to them yet.
@Dextoi (2424)
wow! That's some pretty cool park! If it were nearby, i'd probably visit that often after work to do some exercises... how come there are no people around that time?
@Rohvannyn (3117)
When I was there, not many were in the park - but it was already getting warm. More would probably be there earlier and later.
@Dextoi (2424)
@Rohvannyn I like the facilities in the photo you posted. It seems to cater people of all ages. Not only kids...
@Rohvannyn (3117)
@Dextoi Yes! It's very good for adults and kids both.
@sallypup (29901)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Sounds sweet. Go you. You can make that goal and I'm glad you are working health into your hours. Pretty photo.
@Rohvannyn (3117)
I didn't take it, but I want to take some soon. There's a balance beam so I will be using that too. Maybe even take Gina (my neighbor/coworker) over there and throw stale mini tortillas for her big galoot of a dog.
@sallypup (29901)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Rohvannyn That sounds like a fun plan.
@Rohvannyn (3117)
A couple friends at work are doing something similar. I love community!
Sounds lovely. In the city where we do our shopping, there is a park with a playground for kids and a set of exercise equipment for adults. Also great walking paths!
@Rohvannyn (3117)
That sounds very nice!
@Rohvannyn Almost makes me want to move to the city
they do make some nice velco weights!
@Rohvannyn (3117)
Yes, they do! I'll probably use my existing hand weights and then a backpack.
@Rohvannyn I also march, or wave my arms about, I know I look dumb, but my dog doesnt care, and honestly people think I'm batty anyways lol
• Lenox, Georgia
That is a nice park! We have a park across the street from my home and that was one reason we really liked this house.
@Rohvannyn (3117)
It can really make a difference!
Glad that you are enjoying a new park close to your home.
@Rohvannyn (3117)
Thank you!
@skysnap (18216)
Looks cool park. And it is open which is good.
@Rohvannyn (3117)
Definitely good. It closes at about 10:30 at night.
• New Delhi, India
Park looking fantastic. I also see jungle gym long time ago
@Rohvannyn (3117)
Yes, there used to be more.