Let's discuss our daily task lists (goals of the day)

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I have decided that each day before I go to bed, or when I awaken I am going to make a very detailed list of goals to accomplish during that day or if I write some before bed, the next day Each little step of each task to achieve are set out for me to do and cross off each step. This way it feels like I accomplished something. Examples are: How many chapters of my new library books, by a particular time, and will have several times and how many chapters to read, and research so much for my writing and so forth. I have been kind of lazy lately This way I am hoping to get things done using this method, I have had three loads of laundry to do since Wednesday, so I am going to do it by steps on my list from putting in the washer to folding them. Does anybody else make lists keeping themselves from getting lazy? If you do, do you just put one entire task on this list or do you do a very detailed each step of the task so you can cross them off, like me? Picture courtesy of Pixabay
I have FLYlady's lists to loosely follow. I post the things I am planning to do on a site with other people who use her ideas. Then I go back to say I did them. We encourage each other. Most of the time I find I go back and list different things I got done; not the ones I listed. But I like seeing my list of things I got done. Today the one things I thought I Must do is vacuum the bedroom. And I did that. Yay!
@paigea Good for you having FLYlady's website to help you. Yeah for you getting the bedroom vacuumed! I don't have a vacuum cleaner and have to do mine with a handheld charged one that always loses its charge while i am cleaning up a mess! Keep up the great work!
@Marty1 I hope you got your list done today!
@paigea did it slowly all day. I exaggerated each task and wrote down each little thing like put plastic grocery bags from yesterday and put in the bag to use later. I did get my list done! Don't have very much to do tomorrow just do dishes and let in cleaners and put recyclable paper in bag for my sister to recycle for me
Yes, I make a list of what needs to be done. Then I try to do it by noon. Sometimes I make my husband a list too.
@susan2015 I never thought to give myself a time limit. Think mine is by 7 pm when i close the house up and get ready to relax in bed with more reading until 9 pm the earliest and usual bedtime. Might stay up later till ten some nights, but not usually. Thank you for the idea! I can't make my hamster a list so i just make myself a list =)
@Marty1 I mostly do that on my days off. If I have a day off I like to get things done. Then I can watch The Young and The Restless and do what I want the rest of the afternoon.
@Susan2015 Well i was adding my reading and hobbies to my to do list. It also helps me remember to put soap in the washing machine today after i had to rewash a load! I don't have many house chores because straightening the clutter and doing laundry and dishes the only thing my cleaners don't' do.They clean clutter, but i like to help them out by cleaning it before they come. They come tomorrow, so i am straightening up two weeks of confusion!
@epiffanie (8342)
I had a daily planner for years when I was a young mom that I needed to do a lot of multi-tasking ...but I don't anymore now .. I am more relaxed now
@epiffanie That is great you don't have to rush around multitasking anymore. Glad you can relax now.
@epiffanie (8342)
@Marty1 Yes indeed, relaxing is a priceless luxury ..
@epiffanie I am trying to spend most of my day relaxing and only doing tasks up to 6 hours from when I awaken. Yes relaxation is priceless
@Porcospino (16435)
• Denmark
I don't write lists every day, but I write lists when I have to move or when I am planning a trip or party. I write the most important things down in my calendar, but I don't make detailed lists of daily goals.
@PORCOSPINO Well, i tend to forget things to do in my bigger tasks. I still even though it was on my goal list to put soap in the washing machine once and only put in fabric softener once to four loads in the dryer. I forgot to make it prominent on my list. Next time i will carefully look at my list!
@Porcospino (16435)
• Denmark
@Marty1 Lists can be very useful. I don't make lists every day, but I would be lost without my calendar.
@VivaLaDani13 (16131)
• Perth, Australia
I make lists all the time. Even if it's just for simple things like "Check MyLot." or "Wash dishes." Cause every time I cross them off the list I feel good.
@vivaladani13 I think that is a good idea! I just have silverware to wash these days, but I like having a list for everything I have to do! I cold do it for a lot of things! I like the idea of crossing it off my list! I am getting ready for bed so that I will start a list tomorrow!
This sounds a very good idea. I hope it works for you - and don't get discouraged if you get all your 'tasks' done. It will take a while till you learn how much you can reasonably do in a day.
@judyev I won't have as many on my list in the future as I decided to make a task clean up clutter as I make it and other than that just a few things because i don't clean because i have a cleaning service that comes io every other Saturday. They are coming today. I am only doing what can be done before noon so that i will prioritize the tasks in the fututre. Yes, i learned it is hard to determine what i can do in a day. Live and learn as my mom always told me when I did something stupid
I make a list of tasks the night before the day I am to do the tasks. Sure does help me get things done. Glad you are doing the laundry in parts so that it does not overwhelm you.
@corbin5 I didn't know you do that. I ended up just finishing my last task, and i am in my room with nightlights on in other rooms. Have all i have to take at 9 pm Have everything i need in the bedroom and will sit here quietly until 9 pm relaxing for awhile on Mylot then i will read and do some research on another site and write out future conversations for my lot but won't submit them until sometime in the future. Love to you and Molly dear friend!
I should do that to keep myself motivated and more organized.
@lovingmybabies That is exactly the reason that I am doing it myself.
• Denmark
Lists may be good for some people. Not for me, though. I don't see list mania as positive or necessary.
@maluse I am new to list keeping, but i want to try it. I may find it doesn't help. If so, i will stop it. Thank you for your contribution to the discussion.
@skysnap (17583)
I faced that. These days I just push as much as I can. Helps with most of the tasks.
@skysnap I am trying to do the same. Hopefully, it helps me! Good luck with your goals
I don't bother with lists anymore with goals: I am retired and trying to just relax now.
It's best to make short lists so you don't go crazy.