July Inferno

@Raelove (17657)
Saco, Maine
We're having some pretty typical July weather here in the lower part of the state of Maine (USA). For the last few days, it's been very hot and very humid, to the point where, even if the thermometer says one thing, it feels much hotter. As opposed to dry air, moist air warms more quickly and stays warm. And when the humidity level approaches 90% as it has these last few days, even mild temperatures feel very uncomfortable. When I got up this morning, the floors in here were clammy and sticky under my bare feet. I ran the a/c for a while, and now I just have a fan going, as the sun's is setting, so the temperature is dropping. It's supposed to be warm again tomorrow, but not as humid, which is good, as the church I go to is having their annual indoor yard sale. Hopefully, it will be cool in there. Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to head over there early, so I can get back here before the day starts to really heat up. Public Domain Image
It is 7pm and still 90 degrees outside. Ugh. I wanted to sit outside this evening.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
Still warm here, too, and we have mosquitoes, which makes it impossible to sit outside in the evening.
@Raelove we have the fear of Zika in these parts so sitting outside involves loads of bug spray!
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@NJChicaa I hate bug spray, and I have an issue with my right leg that would get very bad if I was bitten there. So I just stay inside during buggy times, which is from about 5 p.m. to 6 a.m. here. Not bad at all during the day, but then it's too HOT to be out there. Can't win.
@ladylaura89 (1409)
• Manchester, England
send some of the hot weather my way lol
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
You can have it all, my friend. I'll be glad when fall rolls around again.
• Manchester, England
@Raelove its been rain in all week here
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@ladylaura89 We're still quite dry here, but I only like rain if it cools things down.
If the humidity is 90% here; it is raining! And rain always cools it off here as it is not that humid.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
When it rains here this time of year, it only makes things even more humid. It poured late last night, and when I got up this morning, it already felt like a sauna outside. One day last month, the humidity here reached 98%. And that's why summer is not my favorite season. I am already looking forward to fall.
@Raelove I experience it to some extent in Toronto. It rained and as you say, felt worse. On the other hand usually when it rains here it is a store and it gets pretty chilly.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@paigea Oh, I would love that!
@Deepizzaguy (15576)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
It has been pretty hot in the Lake Charles region with occasional showers to cool down the extreme heat in this week.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
At this time of year, rain doesn't help at all here. It just adds to the boiling pot. Not fun. But fortunately, it's just a summer thing here. Once fall rolls around, we'll be ok again.
Do you have anything in the sale? And do you think you'll find some bargains? Since I started decluttering yard sales aren't nearly as much fun.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
You are so right. I no longer buy "stuff" if I don't actually think I'll use it. And I'm not that forward a thinker that it would occur to me to buy it as a gift. No, I don't have anything in the sale myself. I'm pretty much looking forward to the book table, which my friend is "manning."
@Raelove We always head straight for the used books. Hope you find a bargain or two.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@JudyEv It was the usual 50 cents for paperbacks and $1 for hardcovers, but I did get 3 that looked interesting.
@JustBhem (44624)
• Davao, Philippines
We have a crazy weather down here. Day time is very hot then later in the night it will rain so hard.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
I hope it breaks for you soon.
@JustBhem (44624)
• Davao, Philippines
@Raelove How I wish we experience winter here. lol
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@JustBhem I wish you could, too. I couldn't live where there was no winter, as I am a cold-weather person.
Yesterday was pretty hard to be outside here. It does affect my lungs too much. Did you find some good stuff at the indoor sale?
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
This kind of weather wears me right out. I have zero energy. Which is why I left early for the sale. I found some books and a nice pair of clip earrings. Stay cool!
@Raelove Glad that you found some books.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@marlina Thanks. Now I think I'm going to get away from this thing for awhile, and go look through them.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
The humidity has been really high here as well. All you have to do is walk outside and you end up all sticky and sweaty.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
It is so unpleasant.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@Raelove It really is unpleasant. It makes it hard to breathe sometimes.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@simone10 Getting hot and humid again here. Doesn't inspire me to do much of anything. And after awhile, I get so tired of listening to the sound of the a/c and fans going all the time.
@Jefrox (41)
• Taytay, Philippines
Whenever its hot i usually take a bath with ice pieces in a tub to keep me refresh.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
I've been known to do that.
It's been pretty hot here too in Pennsylvania even though we're surrounded by trees. I hate when it gets so humid that it feels so much hotter than it really is
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
I know. It's deceptive. You leave thinking you're dressed coolly enough, but then you realize you aren't. And I can take the sound of an a/c just so long, so I alternate between running it, then turning it off, running a fan, etc. etc. Every year, I rejoice once everything can be turned off.
@RubyHawk (30557)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We are having really hot weather in Georgia and almost a drought if we don't get rain soon. I believe it's the hottest July we've had yet. We keep our AC on all the time.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
Fortunately, we don't get a lot of this weather here. It comes and goes. I'll be happy when it finally does go! We have drought conditions here, too. When it rains, it's not enough. So before too long, the grass is crunchy again.
@Dena91 (4778)
It's been typical here in NC as well, hot and humid. Hope you find some deals at the yard sale. Have a blessed day
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
Still hot and humid here. I didn't buy much...a few books, of course, and a nice pair of clip earrings for $1. I don't have pierced ears, so I always look for those. Bless you, too.
No rain today, it's nice to have a sunny day but I'm feeling the heat so bad I might get a headache after this
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
This weather does give me a headache. As soon as the humidity breaks, I'll feel a lot better.
I hope you find something good at the indoor yard sale at your church.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
I hope to. It's the first time I go, so I hope it's worth making it an annual thing.
@Teep11 (7198)
Should be exciting. An indoor yard sale. It's pretty humid but some rain came through and the temperature wentg down a little so that's a good thing. Hope your Sunday is filled with joy.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
I haven't been to a sale like that in years, so I'm looking forward to it. Thanks!