My Top 20 John Hiatt Songs: Don't Know Much About Love (#18)

@FourWalls (12507)
Before I go soak my feet and watch the local TV news' coverage of our golf tournament (we have TWO players here who have shot a perfect round of 18!!!! And that's only been done four times in PPA history!) I'll share another great song from iconic singer/songwriter John Hiatt. #18: Don't Know Much About Love If I remember my liner notes correctly, Hiatt wrote this in the late 1970s but it never appeared on an album until The Best of John Hiatt in 1998. One listen to this catchy, upbeat song with a little bit of soul flavor thrown in for good measure and you'll probably think it should have been released a long time ago...and it should have been a big hit. I had the hard truth handed to me a long time ago when I realized that I'm not really a good judge of a "good, catchy song that should have been a big hit." The last song I heard on the radio that I loved was "Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)" by Train (and, as an aside, I cannot stand their other big hit, "Hey Soul Sister"). The commercial stuff isn't aimed at me, it's aimed at 15-25 year-olds. Having said that, I really wonder why this wasn't a hit. I'm not going to sweat it, though. I'll just put it on, crank it up, and enjoy this marvelous tune. Don't Know Much About Love Written by John Hiatt From The Best of John Hiatt, 1998 Here's the song. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
This is just a really good catchy uptempo tune. I do not own the rights to this.
He sings some great songs. Did he write them all?
@FourWalls (12507)
Right off the top of my head I cannot think of a song that he has covered on his own albums. But I'm tired and my feet are sore, and I have to be at the course at 7 AM for a 9 AM tee off, so I wouldn't rely on my memory if I were you.
@FourWalls .....I think he has written a lot of his songs. As I recall any way.
I have always "heard" people say he's a good writer but the awful thing is, I barely know this song. I think can hum the chorus!
Catchy, radio-friendly, yeah, I don't know either.