Does anyone have an extra $400.00 I can borrow? Henry VIII Coin!

Just came across this coin and well, I guess you could say I am knocked off my feet! Of course I won't be purchasing this but oh would I LOVE to have something like this. As I am sure several other Tudor Lovers here will as well. Hence why I share this link. I've not had a chance to look further at the shop but it appears the seller specializes in these antiquities.
A wonderful original Henry VIII (8th) Groat (Fourpence) coin in great condition. This coin was minted between the years of 1526 and 1532 in the middle of Henrys reign as king, the mintmark (just above the kings head) is an arrow. Usually a different mint m
That could make for a good life insurance policy to leave my kids. Sure, I have a couple thou in a reserve fund. Haha
Oh I have the money to cover the price of the coin but I couldn't bring myself to buy it. It would be LOVELY to own but not something necessary. It would definitely be quite the heirloom and would fetch quite the price if it became a necessity to sell. I am actually surprised it's only $400!
@ScribbledAdNauseum ....I know how that is. I rarely buy anything fun or for me. Just pay bills and buy food. Ugh! Is it genuine?
@celticeagle That is what i was asking myself, whether or not it was genuine. They say it is, but well you can't always trust their word for it. I'd have to do more research on it, but will have to wait until Monday as I am off to work here in just a few minutes.
@zarlamain (24046)
I enjoy collecting coins, but this is just too expensive.
I have ahd a coin collection since I was a little girl. My grandfather collects coins and he started a collection for me. It's not my primary collection but I don't mind picking up coins here and there. The condition doesn't so much matter to me as the symbolism behind the coin does.
@zarlamain (24046)
@ScribbledAdNauseum Awesome! I have an amateur coin collection.
@lilnana1111 (2462)
That's pretty cool.
From the most interesting time period as well!
@JESSY3236 (4885)
That's a cool coin.
I would love to have it. I don't know where I'd put it though.
I love the Tudors and this is a fabulous coin - I'd have thought it would cost more being so old!
As would I! Not only because of it's antiquity but because it is a Tudor Coin!
Wow that's an expensive coin!!
YEs, but still, I would expect to pay a lot more for it.
• Marion, Kansas
Enjoy the thought of owning a piece of history. You would need a really good month on myLot to plunk down that cash.
A lot of caffeine and some eye drops to go along with that GG. I wouldn't be able to leave the laptop if I were to use mylot earnings. I have the money to purchase it but I can't justify it.
I could not imagine what I would do with that kind of coin. Leave it behind after I die for someone else.
I know that I would keep it in a secure place away from anything that might cause it to erode faster. It would be an interesting heirloom.
@Asylum (46767)
• Manchester, England
It appears to be an excellent example especially considering how easily hammered coinage wears. However, he image displayed is a little deceptive because this is a groat, which is quite a small coin.
The seller actually states "High Resolution Photos are Available Upon Request." If you say these Groat coins are actually quite small then the pictures he has of the coin is already High Resolution. It is a bit deceptive, but I imagine a serious collector wouldn't care so much about that as they would the fact they were able to acquire such a coin at all. I am not sure how rare coins from this date are but I imagine there are very few of them now.
@Asylum (46767)
• Manchester, England
@ScribbledAdNauseum The size of the photograph would be academic to a collector because they would know precisely what size a groat is. All coinage of that period was of a known size because the coins had intrinsic value, which simply means that the amount of silver contained was directly related to the coin value.
@Asylum I feel very naive asking this, but could this affect (effect?) the weight of the coin?
I have some coin sets for each year my kids were born. And some old $2 bills and that is about it.
I have old $2.00 bills, a coin set from when I was child and a $20.00 bill that has my mother's birth year on it.