Packing a suitcase

flowers, lilies, sofspics
By sofs
@sofssu (14462)
The last couple of weeks have been hectic at home. Suitcases being packed and unpacked only to be repacked in a few hours made our home look like a train station. Watching my husband pack a suitcase is a treat. He can pack in double of what I can in the same space. Everything is so organized and neat and he knows what exactly goes where. He has had a hectic schedule travelling across various sates. He would just drop in for a few hours during the weekend just to spend time with my younger son and I. My older son too has been attending conferences, participating in competitions in different states during these weeks. When my husband was here for a few hours (eighteen to be exact) between trips he slept for a couple of hours, helped me put back the dishes I washed up, did some errands for me and did small chores around the house without me even having to ask him. Just watching him do all this got me thinking.. All of us have 24 hours in a day, Some of us can pack in so much into our day, we can do the housework, get the work done at the workplace, create something with our hands, write some blog posts and look after our families too with ease. While there are others who consonantly complain about the lack of time, though they may have just a few or none of these responsibilities. Time is the same for all of us.. some of us can pack in much more into one day than others. I guess all that depends on how we look at things.. I asked my husband how he was bale to do so much and he simply said, 'I am trying to do as much as I can while I am here.' His focus is to get as many things done in a short time span.. while I guess others are focused on the the 'amount of work' that has to be done in the short day. There is a thin line between the outlook of the two.. Our focus is what detracts us from the goals. How much can you pack in your day? Do you try and pack in as much as you can.. or are you overawed by the amount of work to be done?
Being retired, I can go at my own pace. When I was young I packed a lot into each day. Are those beautiful flowers yours?
@sofssu (14462)
@jaboUK I bet you did and now its time to take things easy. No, I wish these are my flowers..This picture was taken in a park.
@sofssu I always seem to need 48 hours in one day and I'm always playing catching up. Lovely flowers.
@sofssu (14462)
@RasmaSandra My younger son is always behind schedule. We need to have back up plans for him all the time.. I sometimes worry about him on this score.
i admire that fella'f yers, hon. i'm more geared that direction myself. jest get done what i can'n not fret o'er the rest. a healthy balance'f such's important'n he sees to've a great grasp'n such.
@sofssu (14462)
@crazyhorseladycx I am sure that you are one of those who gets a lot done in a day. You are right , we need to strike a healthy balance to remain sane. Hubby is a perfectionist.. and could get a wee bit frustrated if he can't get everything done. I am fine with doing what I can and not fretting about the rest.
@sofssu some days yes, others not so much, lol. but, i can't change some schtuff'n've learnt to jest let't go. i feel fer yer hubs, 'tis more challengin' when one's away so much. gotta be hard fer the family. big hugs!
@sofssu (14462)
@crazyhorseladycx Thankfully he doesn't travel a lot now. I am grateful for that .. earlier he used to be gone for months and the boys used to hate it.
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I would love to be able to pack in as much as I can but health problems keep me from it. When I do have a good day, I do as much as I can, even knowing that I will pay for it later.
@sofssu (14462)
@simone10 which means you still put in a lot of effort. I am sure you feel satisfied at the end of the day.
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@sofssu Yes I do. I just wish I had more days like that.
@sofssu (14462)
@simone10 I hope not.. You need some rest too.
@skysnap (17819)
I pack less most of the time. This helps me with going places around easily.
@sofssu (14462)
@skysnap Great for travelling.. how much do you pack into your day?
@skysnap (17819)
@sofssu clothing and laptop and chargers. and sometimes medicines if needed.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
We're all different... Some days I do a lot ...on other days very little... I'm happy with what I do... a friend of mine packs her days full of activity... every day... i've said to her in the past she can pack more into one day that I do over a whole week... but we're both happy... I don't moan that i haven't got enough time ... like you say we all have the same 24 hours...a day...
@sofssu (14462)
@sueznewz2 we sure are different. Like you I pack some of my days to overflowing and some to three-fourth full.. But I am happy at the end of each day. I guess that is what matters. Moaning kills the joy of the day that has been and the memories of the day.
It depends on how much there is to do. Many days I try to do almost everything in two days, so I don't have hardly anything to do the rest of the days.
@sofssu (14462)
@Susan2015 You seem to be a person who gets everything done at one shot. I guess that gives you time to relax, rest and enjoy.
he also may just have a gift for being organized. Sometimes I write down everything i need to do, break it down into pieces, and then try to do stuff with stuff, to save time
@sofssu (14462)
@essicalynnt He is very organized unlike me. I do that .. but I am not so rigid.. I still do as much as I can in a day.
@thelme55 (14552)
I do as much as I can in a day. I have packed a lot these last few weeks and I will pack again in a few months time going home to Germany.
@sofssu (14462)
@thelme55 I bet you pack a lot.. You even packed yourself in one of those boxes . Can't forget some pictures. Hmm I can see how much you pack into your day with all the travelling and adjusting you have to do.
We don't often have hectic days now but I guess I'd be trying to plan my day so everything got done in the time I had.
@sofssu (14462)
@JudyEv Time management is the bane of many people.. I guess what matters most is you feel happy at the end of the day with what you have accomplished.
I pack in as much as I can and do so as quickly as possible.
@sofssu (14462)
You sound like a very efficient person Corbin5 . Hats off to you.
I do as much as I can in one day. I sometimes have a lot to do. Today I need to get more items listed on ebay and go into all of my sites. After i go and get my new glasses.
@sofssu (14462)
@jstory07 Sounds like you pack in a lot. I hope you go to bed satisfied everyday.
He sounds like a great guy.