Amazing Facts Like It or Not

Riga, Latvia
In my travels round the Internet I arrive at some very interesting sites. One of them informed me that even though the 50 facts I would be reading were completely useless they are things that nonetheless everyone should know. Really? Well all right and I started looking through them. I came to two conclusions: • One was that it would be silly to just list them all for you because if you like you can look at them yourself. • The other was that I could choose some of my favorite ones and add a comment or two in this way making things more interesting for all of my readers. So let us begin with these facts and you can decide if they are or aren’t useless: • The only word in the English language which is still pronounced the same when the last four letters are taken away is “queue”. It actually comes from a French word and means to stand in line. So the Americans form and stand in lines and the British queue. • For those of you who are daring enough to try a completely unusual and I could say rather odd diet - beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fired bacon. As for me I’ll just take my apples, pine nuts, and fried bacon plain no bugs included. • That which English speaking people call a “French kiss” is known as an “English kiss” in France. I am not going to try to figure this one out. • This is quite an interesting thing to mention. Months which begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th. Time to get out the calendars and see if this one can stand the test. • This makes me feel rather nauseous. Coca-Cola would be green if coloring wasn’t added to it. I’m glad they color it. The thought of drinking anything green makes me feel ill. • Guess what? You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath. This should be put up as a sign on the wall in all households with temperamental children. • I love this one. It gives a person something to consider when they have nothing better to do. When a person is born they have 300 bones but when they become an adult they have only 206. So what are we missing? • There should be a competition with lots of money as the prize for this. It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. The one who can do it with their eyes open is the winner. • Start counting. The average person laughs 10 times a day. Well there you have it. Bet you couldn’t live without knowing these facts. Right? If you are interested to read more facts just refer to the link below. Let me know what you think about all of this or has this rendered you speechless?
Forum   .   Penfriends   .   Test   .   Online English Lessons   .   Newsletter   .   Ask Teacher   .   Search         50 THINGS EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW (or 50 Completely Useless Facts!)     The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is st
• Eugene, Oregon
I just sneezed and could not keep my eyes open. I would not drink a coke of any color. I probably laugh more than twenty times a day and hope to keep it up despite the news .
I laugh a lot too and wouldn't touch coke with a barge pole although one day I might clean my jewellery with it. :)
• Eugene, Oregon
@JudyEv I hear it is good for that.
@Tierkreisze (1348)
There's a word they use to call this. Let's see... was it factoids?
@vandana7 (57466)
You took away my 94 bones!!!
• Riga, Latvia
Good one @vandana7 it is an odd thing to consider though
@vandana7 (57466)
@RasmaSandra .. I am an odd one...I want all my inheritance.
@simone10 (22262)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I found the one about Friday the 13th really interesting. I didn't know that.
• Riga, Latvia
Having read that I now put a large red check mark on the month that will have a Friday the 13rh because I was born on a Friday and 13 counts as one of my lucky numbers @simone10
Interesting facts. Creme de menthe is a nice (green) drink and our son loves spearmint-flavoured (and coloured) milk. I guess with the bones some would disappear when a baby's skull fuses.
• Riga, Latvia
You are probably right @JudyEv and green is actually a nice soothing color