Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 121 Psalm 119:17 Psalm 119:17 GIMEL. Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word. 18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. 19 I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me. 20 My soul breaks for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times. 21 Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments. 22 Remove from me reproach and contempt; for I have kept thy testimonies. 23 Princes also did sit and speak against me: but thy servant did meditate in thy statutes. 24 Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counselors. Everyone wants to be treated fairly. They want to see justice done on their behalf when someone wrongs them. They also want benefits for obeying the rules and doing what is expected of them. The psalmist wanted the same thing. He wanted God to bless him abundantly because he had kept God’s Word. Not only did he want blessings, he wanted God to show him more of his law. He didn’t want anything hid from him. He wanted to understand all God had to offer him through the Word, which was his constant delight. When we open God’s Word, our prayer should be for God to show us new things we did not see before. We want it to be fresh and new every time we read it. We want to see and understand all God has for us. As Christians, God’s Word should be new every time we open it. God’s promises to us are new every day. So are his blessings. Jeremiah told us how God’s mercies are new every day and his faithfulness has no boundaries. Lamentations 3:21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. 22 It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. (KJV) Jesus told us that we can have the abundant life, even though Satan’s purpose is to steal it from us. John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (KJV) The psalmist asked for God to open his eyes to see all he had for him. He wanted to know God would give him justice from all those who came against him. As Christians those concerns the psalmist had are ours today. The abundant life is ours. We only need to accept God’s provision of salvation. Let’s pray: Father, thank you for your Word, which is my delight. Help me to see new things in your Word every time I open it. Reveal your promises to me and let me feel your protection surrounding me. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 18 July 2016 by Valerie Jean Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@Drosophila (16699)
justice and vengeance are two concepts that usually end up getting twisted into "hate and wrath" by men.. so many atrocities have been committed in their names.
Yes they have.
@marsha32 (6689)
You give very nice lessons here. I hope more will read your Bible lessons.
Thank you so much. I get a few people from time to time who read them.