I am running two fans today..

I ran my a.c for a short while yesterday and nearly froze. It was way too much to run it on a higher temp. @Mike197602 made me think about something that I always find true. He said he would rather be hot than poor. I am hot right now but not burning up. I have all the windows open and two fans running in my room. I loaned out one and I am going to call for it today. I could really use another fan to blow more air around. I am hoping this is as hot as it will be today. if so I am going to be like mike and stay hot. as nice as my bill is for next month at $46 I can't imagine running the A.c until I have no other options. Thanks Mike.
@quantum2020 (9972)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I would pack my belongings and go to some cooler place and return back after the hot season.
That would not be possible it would mean paying to live two places.
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
@sharon6345 Oh, I didn´t know. Two fans would be cheaper that truning the air conditon system
@quantum2020 Yes it sure would. I just need to deal with it.
I really wish my electric bill was only 46.00. Living in South FL the AC never goes off and at night i have two fans on in the bedroom. This time of year it usually feels like in the 100s out and its to hot to not have AC on it the house. I dont really have AC at work but a fan and thats it. I am usually in shorts and tank tops because its way to hot in here for me. I feel as i am burning up everyday at work and i don't really know how i do it but i do because of the money it brings in of course.
When I lived in Miami I would shut off my breaker as I walked out my house. I would turn it back on when I got back home. My light bill was always manageable. I know lots of people who did it after I told them. One friend would shut hers off to walk the mall to save her bill. she would turn it on at night to sleep. I miss Florida and my daughter wants to move back. Not in this life time will it be Miami.
@sharon6345 Miami is a little bit to much for me and my life style. I love it down there tho but never could see myself living there. I can't turn off my breaekr as my boyfriend is home and not working. We do keep the AC at 76 when we arent there to at least get the AC off during the day. I have an APP that i can use on my smartphone to turn off and on the AC at least. We keep the lights off during the day and open up the blinds and doors in the house. I am trying really hard to bring down my bill as it was very extreme last month and i haven't even paid it yet. UGHHH life.
@lologirl2021 That is understandable for sure. I been looking to see about areas in the beginning of Florida. If in a few years I am still single we are leaving. It will be so nice to swim in clear water again.
@ricki_911 (19872)
• Toronto, Ontario
I use an industrial fan I got from Canadian Tire for $80 then at night leave the windows open.
I here those kinds of fans work great for circulation. Mne here is nice too it's just too loud. I had to cut one off.
@Mike197602 (13895)
My gas and electric bill is around £40 per month but if I had an ac unit it'd be way way higher. energy is expensive here...I've only got a one room studio and others pay way more than me.
Last year I ran mine for the summer and th bill was $700 I ended up going to social services for help. They gave me over $200 and the rest I was put on a payment arrangement with $10 a month. so,I am still paying that off. I rather sweat and shower for a while.
@bunnybon7 (37425)
• Holiday, Florida
good idea. I am scared ours will be around 300 bucks or more. last month was 240 bucks already and I had to pay it!!