Not for sale!

@ElicBxn (60762)
I think I've mentioned in the past that I pick up used books at Goodwill and the like. Last Friday the roomie was off, and she had an appointment way out in Cedar Park, I guess its Cedar Park... anyway, its not in Austin. So, after we left, we went to a Goodwill out there that we don't get to often because it is not close by. I mean, seriously, not close! Now, I've been trying to restrict how many books I get because I have a whole BOX of them to read already. I was looking at the cookbooks while the roomie was looking at children's book. In the cookbooks I found a couple of children's books. Not the kind of books that the roomie was looking at and for, but more of the "juvenile" books. Probably aimed at 3rd to 5th graders. "Ragweed" was probably aimed at somewhat younger kinds than "Wild Born." They are both parts of series. "Ragweed" pretty well stood alone, being part of the "Dimwood Forest" series. "Wild Born," on the other hand, was the first book of a series called "Spirit Animals." "Wild Born" also has "Uncorrected proof - not for sale" clearly printed on the cover, and before the title page. It also has "for placement only" on the inside front and back covers. This book was sent out probably as a review copy. This is not the first time I've found "review" copies at Goodwill. However, because I did actually enjoy this book, I went to see if he had continued writing in this universe. The answer is, sadly, no. Maybe it wasn't as well received as his earlier books. That's too bad, because this really had possibilities. And if this was an uncorrected proof, well, I didn't see a lot of mistakes in it. Ah well, I'll send it over to the Little Free Library and know that someone else will enjoy it as well. Just to let you know, I liked it enough that I read it in one day...
Was actually browsing at a newly opened antique shop near my home. They had three selves of books but most of the books had a 'NFS' tag. I commented to a lady who asked if she can be of assistance, turned out she was the owner of the shop, why most of the books had the 'NFS' tag. She was surprised that I know what 'NFS' means. It was a 'smh' moment to me honestly. Anyway, she said that if there was something that I wanted to purchase to just mention it to her and perhaps we can agree on a price. I guess not all 'NFS' items are actually 'NFS'.
@ElicBxn (60762)
The deal is that they are sent out to people to review and keep, not to be sold before it appears as a new book. That's how new books get people writing on the covers of new books about how good it is. How reviews can write reviews the day it appears in print. After the book is out, it can be "disposed" of, but not sold as new. There may even be a time that it can't be donated to some place like Goodwill. Even so, it probably won't be much to keep a new book from being sold as it will only be one copy. I just always wonder who got a review copy in my area. I know of several writers in the area, but none personally.
@ElicBxn I think it is fine to donate these books. I do think that it shouldn't be sold as a new book.
@ElicBxn (60762)
@allen0187 I wouldn't have bought it new, but as a used book, for a buck or so, I'm fine with paying that much.
I used to buy books at goodwill, and tried selling them over the internet. Sometimes would do ok. One can find some very good books there.
@ElicBxn (60762)
I'm mostly interested in reading the books I find. I know that some people do that, and at the library resale shop, but I'm only interested in reading them.