MIGRAINE!

@cpefley (1534)
Hemet, California
So I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital today. I had such a horrible headache that it made me sick to my stomach. I am sure it is the pregnancy hormones, because they are getting fewer and farther between since the beginning of my pregnancy, and my birth control used to trigger them. So, hopefully by the time that this little one is born, they should be almost gone...I'm hoping? lol Anyway, I tried everything! I took two of my Imitrex, put on a lidocaine patch, which helped slightly, tried an ice pack. Finally, I caved and took some ibuprofen, which I know is a no-no, but I was desperate. I've been given it in emergency situations when pregnant, and never had a problem, so I'm hoping I haven't done something terrible. My vision was so blurry I couldn't read. I tried drinking water. I think I need to pick up some essential oils. I went outside in the dark to water the lawn, because, for some reason, the smell of the wet earth is intoxicating to me in this final trimester. It smells SO good; similar to petrichor. I love it. Anyway, it finally subsided after several hours, and I'm praying that I don't get another one soon. I'm getting desperate! There isn't much I can do for it while I'm pregnant.
@dodo19 (29321)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Hopefully, it all goes away. It's not always easy to deal with.
@cpefley (1534)
• Hemet, California
Thank you :)
@skysnap (17489)
Take care of your health. Have a good Tuesday.
@cpefley (1534)
• Hemet, California
Thanks! :)
I hope you are feeling better now. When is your baby due.
@cpefley (1534)
• Hemet, California
Thank you :). She is due September 7th.
@yukimori (8708)
You really need to bring that up with your doctor. Severe headaches, nausea, and vision changes can be among the symptoms of preeclampsia, which can be a serious condition for both mother and baby.
@cpefley (1534)
• Hemet, California
I've had migraines all pregnancy. I have told him. He doesn't seem concerned, even though I've been to the hospital several times because of it.