what is the difference between cyber friends and friends in real life

@JAMTECH (586)
What makes a true friendship anymore? Is it whether or not the person knows your birthday, or how many hours you spend talking on the phone or hanging out in person? With all the ways we can communicate now — Skype, ICQ, AIM, Gchat, Facebook Messenger, Grindr, etc. — and with all the people on our buddy lists, who are we really friends with? Is it possible to have friends who are purely for the Internet and others you interact with in real life? What’s the difference?
@meowch (1011)
I'm more close to my online friends. They are like family to me. I care so much for them as they care for me. My friend in real life I feel guarded since I can't really express myself fully I get scolded and even laughed at.
@JAMTECH (586)
You are so right, our real friends in life are real judgmental.
@detion (201)
Really?
@JAMTECH (586)
@detion Really? As to what? explain.
@miniam (9361)
• Bern, Switzerland
With my online frineds, i can be real open without fearing them going on my back and saying things l dont want other people to know(offline)
@JAMTECH (586)
@miniam That's true, see we don't really know our online friends and vise versa, while our real life friends are judges.
@supervalon (1231)
• North Las Vegas, Nevada
Of course it is dear. I have a friend from Argentina that i met online 2 years ago in a game, he has helped me for many stuff online.. We are chatting every day and stuff. But the difference is, real life friends have seen you, you are hanging out with them, know many secrets.. I'm sure your internet friend can become a good friend but if you meet in real life and stuff, otherwise only communicating online..
@JAMTECH (586)
@supervalon I hope if you both should meet one day nothing will change.
• North Las Vegas, Nevada
@JAMTECH Yes dear, i really hope so. But our distances are so much away from each other..
@JAMTECH (586)
@supervalon You ever hear the saying, it's a small world, it can happen, keep fingers cross.
• Nigeria
Actually, the online friends are very close to you in all ways. They respond to your problem as urgent as possible. When one travel, you leave your physical friends and family having in mind to make other new ones. But your online friends are always there whether you travel or not, they are there always! So I would say that genuine online friends are friends indeed.
@JAMTECH (586)
@Icontechnologies We never want to be alone out there when we travel so we always want new friends, even though we might seem selfish at times we never want to go through life alone.
@skysnap (17379)
I think they trusting you on some things is what makes them your good friends.
@JAMTECH (586)
@skysnap True in some cases.
@ianburst (231)
CYber friends are those which we communicate through internet and they not the same on the real one which we can able to hang out anytime :)
@detion (201)
The only diference I think is contact!
@JAMTECH (586)
@detion Well that's not the only thing, with cyber friends you can be more open you can tell almost anything and don't have to worry that someone down the block might hear back what you told your cyber friends.
@detion (201)
yes, but it depends. Not always @JAMTECH
@JAMTECH (586)
@detion But more than likely that the conversation between you and your online friends will be a secret from the friends you see daily.
@LeaPea2417 (9171)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, I have more online friends than offline friends.