Oh, NOW The Media Yells About Plagiarism?

@FourWalls (13751)
I have had a great belly laugh over the media uproar claiming that Melania Trump's speech plagiarized part of Michelle Obama's 2008 speech. Seriously, you one-sided media jerks? Short-term memory lapse, maybe? In 1987 a Democratic candidate (not his wife, mind you, but the candidate himself) was found to have plagiarized -- not a sentence or a few words, but entire paragraphs -- of several political speeches. Additionally, this same candidate was discovered to have engaged in plagiarism while in law school, receiving a failing grade for a paper that was more quote than personal effort. As a result of all of these charges of plagiarism, the candidate withdrew from the race. Who was this cheat, you ask? He was a man who subsequently had all of these transgressions buried when he decided to run again. The guilty party is our current vice president, Joe Biden.
Politicians sure have a bad reputation for lying and doing awful things. Who can we trust? What can we do?
@FourWalls (13751)
That's a great point. What does it matter what they say in the speech when they're going to break every promise when they are elected!
@FourWalls .....I don't trust most of them. It is terrible that what it comes down to is that they are so very important to our country I think that just that alone means that one vote is better than voting for someone that has no respect for women and doesn't think they should have equal pay. And, that is just one of dozens of other reasons.
@skysnap (17817)
I think plagiarism is very common in speeches. I don't know what is the fuss about.
@FourWalls (13751)
I agree, and as I commented elsewhere, all of these politicians (and their spouses) are reading what the speech writers wrote for them. They shouldn't be yelling about Melandia Trump; they should be yelling about her speech writer.
I love your story! I would love to see that come out all over the place!
I even heard some Barack snippets that can be construed as "borrowing" words. That said, whoever was responsible for Mrs. Trumps's speech boo-booed. As much as I would like to disagree with the liberal haters, they have a valid point. I saw the two speeches side by side and they are extremely similar. Yes, it's trivial in the big picture but fuels the notion the Trump campaign doesn't know what it's doing.
The liberal media is grasping at straws out of fear. Love to see the liberal media running scared.
@boiboing (12497)
• Northampton, England
Did anybody seriously think that air-head Melanoma (or whatever her name is) could write a speech without copying?
@FourWalls (13751)
None of our politicians write their own material anymore. That's part of the problem with the US political system: we're not hearing the politicians' thoughts, we're hearing their speech writers' thoughts. Maybe the speech writers should be running for office instead.