Do You Enjoy Get Togethers

@Dena91 (4874)
Mike and I are both introverts. We like doing our own thing and live a quite life. We both come from families that did a lot of entertaining when we were kids and neither of us cared for it. Just to be clear family gatherings are different from having others over constantly. The latter is what I'm talking about. We are sociable to a point. We love going to church and worshiping and fellowshipping with our brothers and sisters in the Lord. What we are uncomfortable with is when they expect everyone to show up at someone's home with a covered dish for some fellowship. There's absolutely nothing wrong with getting together like this but to make someone feel bad for not wanting to is wrong. We're all different, come from different backgrounds, like different things. We shouldn't force people to do things that make them uncomfortable. What about you? Are you quite and introverted like us and prefer not going to so many gatherings. Or do you love getting together with others constantly? Have a blessed evening.
Once in a great while I don't mind one. Wouldn't like it very often.
@Dena91 (4874)
There are some who would love to get together every week. If that suits them then they ought to. I hope they would. I'm sure they aren't meaning to sound mean but they say we need to come more often to socials. I tell them that's not our thing. Have a blessed evening
@gudheart (12740)
I am quite introvert to be honest, but if I know them really well then usually I don't mind.
@UncleJoe (11432)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Most of the time I am introverted. Yet, like most human I get lonely for that human touch so I go to the airport and let the TSA fondle me.
Quiet and introverted which is a good thing to be when you're a writer. I have no problem staying home and working on the computer. Though I do also like to go out to certain functions. I don't know if I could host a home fellowship because I am the quiet introverted type. But I am more than happy to bring a covered dish to one and enjoy a couple hours of fellowship with other believers. I also have a writer's group that meets once a month. Once a month is perfect for me. It gives me just the right amount of socialization I need and allows me to be an introvert the rest of the time.
@CRK109 (14381)
I am very introverted, as well, but I try to get out and about with people whenever I can.
@LoriAMoore (4731)
I'm not really an introvert, well maybe I am, but I don't enjoy social gatherings all that much. I'd rather stay home. I'm blessed that people want to be with me and invite me to things, but too much socializing makes me nervous.
@sallypup (30110)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Nothing worth hanging around for at a family gathering. Sure not worth my time and effort.
I certainly don't like gathering with others constantly but we often have close friends for a meal and/or to socialise. Certainly you shouldn't be made to feel bad if you don't attend functions.
• Walnut Creek, California
I enjoy small gatherings where we play music. I do not enjoy large gatherings, unless it's a sporting event.
No I don't like going to them. I prefer staying home.
My family is having a family get together Sunday. I won't be there. y friend is having a party down stairs next month. I am not going to that either. On my birthday in sept there are about 15 people who share the same birthday.Going to a hotel for the night . I was invited and told not to bring anything. I am not going. I had a birthday party for my daughter in may. I was in my room the entire time till clean up time. i got everyone out. and went to my room. I don't know if that answers your question. but that is how it is.
i'm a loner. i prefer the peace'n quiet whene'er i can seek such. that's one'f the reasons i belong to no church, too much pushin' one's ideas'n what such truly encompasses.
I enjoy getting together with others, so does my husband, we are quite social but only when we want to be. I can't be guilted into anything these days.