Really People ?

Beckley, West Virginia
Here it is dark as the ace of spades outside and the little boy next door just knocked on my back door wanting to know if my daughter could come out and play! The little boy has stayed indoors all day and not been out until now! I told him no way! If he wants to play with my daughter outside he can do it in the daylight hours. Now, really who let's there kids out at night to go all over the neighborhood to play? Not me, it is to dangerous of a day to let them out of your sight much less of a night!
@sallypup (29901)
• Moses Lake, Washington
They couldn't play in the backyard? I hate it that in these days kids can't play in the dark. It was grand fun when I was a kid.
• Beckley, West Virginia
It is pitch black out there except for right around my porch where the light is. I know I had fun playing after dark to. But, this boy always does this. Stays in all day long then wants to roam around at night playing outside!
@sallypup (29901)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@melissa1024 I wonder what's up with him? One October we took my daughter and a neighbor kid to a park- before all the pervert stuff started. We placed little foil packets of goodies behind trees then gave the kids flashlights. They had a total blast running around on their hunt.
oh y es I grew up o n a farm and i often played outside in the dark and caught fire flies and looked for falling stars
no it just would not be safe to let your kids play outside in the dark in towns and cities. In the farm yes as its save there but not in the city.
• Beckley, West Virginia
@Hatley Exactly, you can not hardly trust to let them out of your sight in the day, so defineately not at night.
@melissa1024 you are so right even in the daytime you have to watch lol
• Beckley, West Virginia
@Hatley Yes, it is just not safe anymore.
That is when child protective services should be lurking around.
• Beckley, West Virginia
@sharon6345 Exactly, sometimes I think he sneaks out without his mom knowing. The other night I was sitting on my porch and she walked down the road and came back with him in tow and was giving him heck!
@melissa1024 Then in that case she needs better locks on the door.
@melissa1024 wow that is bad.
I agree, but maybe he was inside all day because of the heat and it was finally cool enough to go outside.
• Beckley, West Virginia
@just4him That maybe true, but this is an ongoing thing with him.
@melissa1024 Then his mother is at fault for letting him out that late at night.
• Beckley, West Virginia
@just4him I think he sneaks out. The other night I was sitting out on the porch and she went walking down the road and came back with him in tow giving him heck!
@Deepizzaguy (15895)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
In this dangerous society we all live in never allow children to play at night. Child robbers are out there.
• Beckley, West Virginia
@Deepizzaguy Right. Mine isn't out during the day with out me outside and she has to stay where I can see her. If I am on the porch at night I will let her play right around the porch where I can see her. But that is it too many sickos out there.
@Hanyouyomi (1948)
• Dallas, Texas
Question, what kind of neighborhood do you live in?
• Beckley, West Virginia
@Hanyouyomi I live in a mobile home park and there is woods behind the homes on my side of the street plus alot of new homes have been moved in and I do not know the newer neighbors well at all!
@AutumnSnow (4582)
I feel the same way even with my oldest yes sometimes we do go outside especially when it's so humid during the day but the are in the front yard of this apartment complex where I can see them from my porch they cant take off with friends or be riding their bikes the only time I do let them to that is maybe in the parking lot but again Im out and it's where I can see them.
• Beckley, West Virginia
@AutumnSnow Yes, exactly. Sometimes I sit outside at night and if she is up I will let her in the yard where I can see her but no bikes or out of the yard. Tonight, I was busy in the house and was not about to let her out.