cleanliness issue

By joy
@MGjhaud (20737)
I have a new nanny who started early this month and she's starting to stress me out. She's just too messy. She leaves everything all over the place for me to pick up -- wet towels, toys in bed, unfolded blankets, leftovers, unorganized laundry room, unwashed dishes, untidy fridge, and a lot more. And you might be asking by now as to why she's still here.. it's because it isn't easy to find a nanny/house-help in this area. On the bright side, i get to move around and treat it as my leg therapy. Have you ever had problems with someone that involves cleanliness?
@Lucky15 (33384)
Yeah..my niece's nanny. ;( I should be doing a.less job but...opposite
@MGjhaud (20737)
Exactly my sentiments. It's funny and irritating..
@Lucky15 (33384)
@MGjhaud more on..irritating. haha
@MGjhaud (20737)
True. Specially when you see it by the time you step out your room door in the morning.. It can definitely ruin a day.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Yes and it is also our house helper who is very lazy and messy too. What I did when I'm at my parents house is to ask her to clean this part and others, I felt so tired seeing her works very untidy but I'm just extending more patience hoping that one day, she might know on how to do it.
@MGjhaud (20737)
It seems that she's doubling the mess around here and i keep on telling her what to do everyday. It's frustrating..
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@MGjhaud How old is your nanny? If she's still young, that is really the behavior of a young nanny, very messy and lazy, I don't like young nannies, I prefer older ones because they are already matured and knows on how to clean the house.
@MGjhaud (20737)
Shes 23. She has a kid so i thought shes capable enough. I used to have an old nanny, she was good when it comes to house chores but not with my nephew needs.
@supervalon (1225)
• North Las Vegas, Nevada
I know that this is not related, but we are living in a crazy world and there are MANY cases like this. If you see your kid uneasy and acting disturbed lately, please put surveillance camera. There are many cases with Nannies (who seem to be normal at first) treating kids like sh*t. I know that this is something that i shouldn't say but just a piece of advice, you can also see in the free time how the nanny is raising the child. Better safe than sorry.
@MGjhaud (20737)
I understand, thank you for your suggestion. The only time my nephew isnt with me is when he's in school.
• North Las Vegas, Nevada
oh nice, i'm glad that you understood me.. With all those world problems it's up to me to suggest you because there are all kind of people in this world.
@MGjhaud (20737)
True. I hope and pray that it wont happen. I can't imagine people are capable of hurting kids.
@skysnap (17817)
Take care of your leg. And let that nanny mess it up, your health should be first priority.
@MGjhaud (20737)
Im afraid that one day i'll fall or slip trying to clean her mess. But i cant have a dirty place. My nephew will get sick and my leg might have an infection.
@skysnap (17817)
@MGjhaud true. for that part you have to do something.
@MGjhaud (20737)
Im giving her last chance..
@cacay1 (32915)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That is too bad,but since it helps your leg, then all I can say is just be patient dear.Yes, it is not easy to find a nanny.
@MGjhaud (20737)
My patience is being tested for a very long time now haha..
@rina110383 (24134)
We used to have househelps who were messy. We didn't allow them to stay with us longer. We terminated their employment.
@MGjhaud (20737)
I asked my sister in law to deal with her when the time comes. I cannot clean after someone's mess.
I never employed help for the house.
@MGjhaud (20737)
I only used to have a nanny because i was working and i can clean the entire house myself but after my leg accident, i needed both -- house-help and a nanny. It's a bit frustrating because i want to do it myself but i can't.
@ilocosboy (34315)
haha, then hire the nanny when you can have all the time for your leg therapy.
@MGjhaud (20737)
NOoo haha.. Im giving her another chance and that's it.
Aww! But shouldn't the nanny help out with those things! I'm glad you're getting some leg therapy in though
@MGjhaud (20737)
Shes doubling the work instead. My place is getting dirtier twice as much.. I dont wanna make it a big deal but it simply irritates me. I dont mind moving around and help her but my place is not this dirty before she came.
She needs to be a little more tidy! But I think you should mention if she can reduce clutter.
@MGjhaud (20737)
Haha i think shes not gonna last in here. Im asking my sister in law to think about it cause shes going to be the one looking for a replacement.
@brokenbee (7862)
Yes... the wife of my bro and their kids... It's like they have a househelper. It's my mother who cleans the house..
@MGjhaud (20737)
I understand the frustration of living with people who just dont get the meaning and importance of cleanliness.
@brokenbee (7862)
@MGjhaud yes, and sometimes she lets my nephew wash the dishes they used. My nephew is still in grade school and studying. She should be the one doing it, right? And most of the time they just leave it there.
@MGjhaud (20737)
Right. I hate dirty dishes cause they smell and can cause red ants and what not.. I dont understand why can they not do it, it wont take more than 5mins.
@Tina30219 (34194)
• Onaway, Michigan
To answer your problem on if I ever had problem with someone that involves cleanliness yes my kids. Sorry you are going through this with her have you tried talking to her about it.
@MGjhaud (20737)
She's no longer working for me. Yes, talked to her several times. We even showed her how things are supposed to be done but to no avail.
@Tina30219 (34194)
• Onaway, Michigan
@MGjhaud Yeah if she does not do the job the way you want and ask she definitely needed to be gone. I hope you find someone better soon.
@MGjhaud (20737)
we have a new nanny now.. she's better although not a good cook but my house is cleaner than before haha..
Yes. My boyfriend is a super messy person. He leaves his clothes beside the clothes basket, leave crumbs and food where ever he eats at, and always leaves the microwave open. He also doesn't seem to know how to fold clothes or wash them.
@MGjhaud (20737)
If its my partner, i guess i would understand haha.. But yeah, i cant really understand why these things cant be done. It wont take long..
@MGjhaud I don't understand at all. It's not hard to do at all. It causes a lot of fights sometimes because I think he thinks I'm more his mother or nanny than I am his girlfriend.
@MGjhaud (20737)
Haha i was in that situation before too and i got tired of telling him what to do. So what i did was clean after him and made him aware about it so he'll somehow get embarrassed or something and it worked.
Yes, family...lol Sorry you are having issues, if I were closer I would love to help out and I am very picky about putting things away and cleaning up after myself.
@MGjhaud (20737)
haha that's nice of you to say. This problem has been resolved. I had to let her go, I just couldn't take it anymore.
@MGjhaud Hope you find someone better to replace her.
@MGjhaud (20737)
So far i'm good doing it myself. But i still do hope i'll be able to find one for my nephew.
• Trinidad And Tobago
Can you talk to her and lay down the rules a little? I dislike messy things. Seems that she is holding you to ransom. And I feel that she can do so much better.
@MGjhaud (20737)
She no longer works here. She was out not long after i posted this. I couldn't take it anymore..
• Trinidad And Tobago
@MGjhaud Hate to say this...but GOOD!. You were paying her, for Christ's sake. Hope things didn't get worse for you. How's the leg coming along?
@MGjhaud (20737)
I respect people with whatever they do for a living but i hope that some of them would do the same thing. My leg is okay. It didn't hurt today. Thank you for asking.
She's supposed to be the nanny so she should do the cleaning not the messing up . Maybe you should ask her in a nice way , to do them . Though as you said you treat it as your leg therapy .
@MGjhaud (20737)
Doin it in a nice way seems to be not working out. my sister in law is now observing her to validate my observation and decision to let her go.
@MGjhaud Yes, your sister -in-law should assess if she's really worthy to be a nanny .
@MGjhaud (20737)
She's asking around for a new nanny now..
@epiffanie (10466)
Don't you have a list of duties for her before you employed her? That would be so frustrating I can imagine.. I had three cleaners in the past when I was busy with work.. But I was not happy with their cleaning, so I decided to do it myself..
@MGjhaud (20737)
During her first week it was all training and guiding her with everything. I even wrote a schedule on a paper and posted it in the kitchen. But every single day i have to remind her of something i already did.
@epiffanie (10466)
@MGjhaud Some people are just naturally slow to learning .. I hope you get a new more reliable helper.. I wouldn't put up with anyone who needs constant reminder ..
@MGjhaud (20737)
Yeah, i hate to keep repeating myself too. If only i can do it myself..
@LeaPea2417 (20413)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, my 20 year old son is a slob. My husband (his Dad) and I have tried over and over to tell and show him the tidy way to keep a room and the proper way to fold clothes, but he just doesn't get it. He leaves clothes scattered and dishes in the kitchen scattered. We keep telling him that he needs to get a job that makes a lot of money so he can hire a full time maid!
@MGjhaud (20737)
My mom used to tell me that when i was young. I didnt change until i got an apartment on my own in high school.
@LeaPea2417 (20413)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@MGjhaud I do hope that one day soon, he will snap out of his being so messy.
@MGjhaud (20737)
I doubt..
It's been a month,do you still have the house-help? If you were my mom that helper would be kicked out lol.
@MGjhaud (20737)
Oh no shes no longer here haha..
@MGjhaud hahahaha
@ridingbet (52927)
picking something up on the floor is not a good exercise for your operated leg. but it is good for circulation. are you on crutches? or walker?
@MGjhaud (20737)
Walker. I dont mind bending here and there but i hope its not for me to pick up her clutter.
@ridingbet (52927)
@MGjhaud right
@JustBhem (37012)
• Davao, Philippines
My brothers are like that.
@MGjhaud (20737)
Most men are like that i noticed haha..
@JustBhem (37012)
• Davao, Philippines
@MGjhaud I agree more.