My Crafting Desk

@marsha32 (6691)
It really is under there somewhere! I still feel so lucky to have found this desk at a church rummage sale. The sale was to help raise money for the youth group where my daughter was attending, and their trip to London. I didn't see it all day long and then someone said she couldn't believe no one had bought it. Needless to say, I put a sold sign on it right away. I only paid $5 for it! It's solid wood. It has 3 drawers down each side of the middle and then a draw in the middle on both sides. The ends can be up for down. I keep them up. When they are up the table/desk is 8 ft. Some of what is on top of it is projects I've worked on here and there. Some of it is books from the living room. Some of it is things I have bought (craft supplies). I'm wondering if it should be my first goal of cleaning off. Just that alone will take me a long time. I used to keep my machine in the middle, my small ironing board on one side, and my cutting mat on the other side.
$5 for a desk is an amazing deal. I just bought a desk yesterday.
@marsha32 (6691)
I hope you got a good deal too.
@marsha32 Thanks yes I did!
Do you have a door to that room? I hope your projects are going well. good luck.
@marsha32 (6691)
Yes, the door to my craft room stays closed at all times, even if someone is in it. I have to keep it closed to keep the animals from going in and ruining my stuff.
@marsha32 that is good.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Sounds like a great find! I drooled just a little bit when I read "solid wood."
@marsha32 (6691)
Very heavy and it's also so wide that we had to take the doors off the front and the bedroom both to get it in there.
That desk will come in really handy. I bought a desk at a yard sale, painted it white, and put my sewing machine on top of it too. The drawers really are great for storage of sewing equipment.
@marsha32 (6691)
The drawers have cotton tieing thread, plastic canvas, trimmings, etc. I should put all of my patterns in the drawers too.
@skysnap (17963)
I was searching for desk XD
@marsha32 (6691)
I'm searching for it too!
@AutumnSnow (4583)
Kind of looks like my work space,lol. I finally found a desk that Im happy with and I'll be ordering it next week. I was to get it this week my daughter's birthday is tomorrow so Im waiting till next week to get it so she'll have a good birthday. We dont have much rummage sales around here.
@marsha32 (6691)
I live for yard sales when looking for things.....of course I always buy a bunch of things I shouldn't too.
sounds like a lovely piece 'n most useful when not hidden 'nder those piles, eh? kinda reminds me' f the daughter'n her hubs gettin' a treadmill. which they used fer layin' clothes o'er, claimin' to be too tired to clear such off to use the machine :)
@marsha32 (6691)
We finally sold our treadmill LOL
@marsha32 so'd the daught'n son-'n-law. then bought membership to the gym...which they ne'er used
@zarlamain (24889)
That's a great good deal!
@marsha32 (6691)
That's been about 4 years ago now and I'm still feeling blessed to have gotten it.
@zarlamain (24889)
@marsha32 Way to go!
I have bought some great things at church rummage sales, good find.
@marsha32 (6691)
I find church rummage sales to be the best because so many donate and the prices are usually low.
@marsha32 That's true they are not worried about the profit margin. I got my leather recliner for $25 and it is beautiful
@LoriAMoore (4693)
Are you sure? I don't see a desk. :-)
@marsha32 (6691)
I'm just laughing at your comment---I seriously don't see a desk either. And, I have yet to go in there and even attempt to start uncovering it. I had a dream that I had cleared a path to the bookshelf on one wall....alas, it was just a dream.
• Rochester, New York
I have a ton of books in my bedroom. My mums boyfriend is going to build me a full wall of book shelves. Then I will buy baskets and proceed to clean my room fully {I have piles of books, magazines and shoe boxes of photos everywhere} and put the things on the shelves and in the baskets. Maybe if you put up a wall of shelves and buy baskets at the $1 store or whatnot and then clean up your space and fill the shelves at the same time.
@marsha32 (6691)
I have the larger cubby organizer that you see in my post from today, and the smaller one next to it, and then another one. I have a chest of drawers, 2 shelves on the wall, a small bookcase that sits under one flap of the desk, and then another plastic shelving unit. I have a bookshelf in there too and my goal with it is to get the books that are in the bookcases in my bedroom into my craft room where the door can be closed. The books on the shelves in my bedroom are the ones I have for sale online, but I have had to cover them because of the male cats.
It's amazing how any surface becomes cluttered in no time at all. The table sounds like a very nice one.
@marsha32 That is a great price! I have a little plastic desk for my writing, and I am sure it cost more than $5 I forget the exact amount but is was certainly not as inexpensive as your desk, and it is A LOT smaller!
@tammys85 (11382)
A desk for $5? That's awesome! I hope you're able to get it cleaned off soon.
I think this is great that you are taking us on the journey to organize with you. It may help motivate me. I do really like your sewing desk, and unlike the others, I have seen it in person.