Practice

I've promised myself I'm going to write on a daily basis once more. I've fallen a bit out of the habit. Oh, I still write frequently, but not as often as I need to if I hope to improve my skill. After reading a post about owning your content once you post it on a blog, it makes me contemplate less blogging and more personal journaling. I would hate to describe the place I grew up in vivid detail, then go to use that in a book and have someone else claim to own it. That whole area is a bit grey-ish to me. I'm thinking that I may have some actual downtime this year during my homeschool co-op on Mondays and Wednesday where I could actually take my laptop and write. We'll see. My daughter is finally getting more independent which means I should be able to be sans her occasionally. Finding that time, that focused time, THAT is my biggest obstacle right now. So I'll do what I can. i'll practice when I can.
• Eugene, Oregon
You have a plan and that is a beginning.
I'm enjoying the Stephen King book!
• Eugene, Oregon
@jillybean1222 Glad to hear that!
@JamesHxstatic I'm currently reading 4 books which is very unlike me. I'm normally reading one at a time, but well, it's because it is pool season as to why I'm reading 4. It will be 3 soon. :-) Then, once the pool is done for the season, it will be back to one.
As long as you keep trying it will work out. I wish you the best with it.
thank you! i seem to be adult add sometimes
@jillybean1222 Ok I get it. good luck .
@Lucky15 (33687)
Something i am trying to do ;(
it's so hard to do sometimes!
It is of concern to think of having someone freely use what you have labored over.
yes. so i don't think i will labor over stuff that i'm publishing online... my online stuff will be more, i guess, fluff if you will
@silvermist (20114)
@jillybean1222 So,now that you have planned what to do,I hope you find the time to do it.Best of luck.
@magallon (18105)
Start putting it to actions. Do what you can. Practice will really make you become better.
@mom210 (6771)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It is easy to fall off, at this point I jsut hope to get in one a month. yikes. Been doing some TLC to the house and Aug is my order school work & get ready month. I sit down and figure out all the books I need for the new school year ugh lots of work, but you know that.
@RubyHawk (30420)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I used to keep a journal and I wish I hadn't stopped. I do have some personal stories online. I hope nobody plagiarizes them.
You're right about the grey areas regarding copyright. It seems a real can of worms to me.
• Rochester, New York
Well your family has to come first especially those babies of yours.
I hear you, I feel like I am always behind and wonder when I'll catch up. I don't usually have as much a problem in the cold winter months, but when I can, and am outside, then its an uphill battle.