Inspection Day

@Hate2Iron (7855)
The worst of this move is over... expect the traveling part which is 24 hours away, but today, the inspector comes. I don't know why I am so nervous because it really has nothing to do with us, we were only renting. But, I'm flying around the house in a cleaning frenzy trying to make the house look like one of those showrooms. I do feel sorry for the lady who owns the house though. She must be nervously sitting at her house wondering what the verdict will be. So for her sake, I hope that it is a positive outcome.
@moffittjc (42939)
• Gainesville, Florida
I remember when I first moved to my current city, and we found the most amazing home ever, and it was a historic home well within our price range (something unusual for a historic home). We were in a nervous frenzy when we called for the inspection, because we were sure there was going to be a million issues with the house that would prevent us from buying it. It turned out that the majority of the issues the inspector found were mainly cosmetic, and the seller took care of everything for us. In the end, we were able to buy our dream house, but I was on pins and needles during the inspection time.
@Hate2Iron (7855)
Awesome... I thought that you were going to say that there were too many issues and you had to walk away from the house. Glad that it worked out for you.
@moffittjc (42939)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Hate2Iron We were prepared to walk away if the seller balked at having to fix any issues, but thankfully the seller was eager to sell (she had been transferred to another city, and needed to move quickly), and so she agreed to hire a contractor to fix everything so that it wouldn't hold up the closing.
@sol_cee (15357)
• Japan
Why was the house inspected?
@Hate2Iron (7855)
Before the house closes, an inspection must be done so that the new owner knows exactly what they are buying.
Why is there an inspection at all? Does the owner want to sell the house and does she have to have an inspection first?
@Hate2Iron (7855)
The house just sold and as protection for the buyer, an inspection has to be performed.
@Hate2Iron Thanks for that information. It is interesting the variations from country to country.
• Preston, England
hope it all goes alright for you
@Hate2Iron (7855)
We are the renter... we are hoping that it goes well for the owner. She was a very nice landlady :)
Yes, we sold 3 houses, and the inspections, that all differ regarding any problem, were nerve-wracking.
@Hate2Iron (7855)
We have never been the renter before but had to go through inspections with each of the houses that we sold. It definitely is nerve wracking.