Introducing Our Cottage

We moved into our cottage (rental) November 1st, 2008. They had to tear everything apart as the previous tenant trashed the place. They put new flooring in and new, huge shower. Theres no bath tub, but thats ok. Although once in awhile in days of old I would light a candle and relax in the tub. Don't have that option anymore, as I said its ok. It has a huge kitchen area with new appliances, counters, cupboards. Then we have a large living room which half is the office and the other half is our living room. Its just big enough for the two of us. However, we have had around 17 people here for Thanksgiving. However, my understanding is my Son and his wife are having Thanksgiving this year in NC. Don't know how thats going to go over with my husband. Depends on whether he's still working or retired and it also depends on if we have the money for gas. I have attached a picture of our cottage
@shshiju (9050)
• Cochin, India
Your cottage looks beautiful. Don't you have permanent (non rental ) house?
No we only rent. We made some very poor financial decisions for several years that landed us into bankruptsy and we had to sell our home. But we are fine with just renting. We don't have the worry of taxes and home repairs. Do you own and rent?
@shshiju (9050)
• Cochin, India
@shshiju We used to own for 13 years and had to get out from under it because of bad financial decisions on our part. It blind sided us! We charged stuff that we didn't need and foolishly charged credit cards, it ate up the equity on our home. It's sad but now we are doing better but we will probably never own a home again unless God does a miracle. To be honest I don't think we want the responsibility any more. We have wonderful Christian landlords for 8 years now and they've never raised our rent. My husband has done a lot of work on the property and upkeep and does the landscaping I'll show you a picture
It looks like a beautiful cottage. It sounds perfect for the two of you. I hope you're able to go to Thanksgiving in NC at your son's. My parents were very picky about where they had the holiday's. It was either my sister's or their home, nowhere else until the last year before they passed, and then they had no choice where they spent the holidays. I hope you will go to your son's for Thanksgiving. It will mean so much to him if you do.
@just4him Thank you my husband has put a lot of work into it and it has turned out lovely. I would love to go to our sons in NC but so far my husband is against it. Please pray for him that he'll realize how much this means to our son and his wife, who by the way is PREGNANT. They've been together 14 yrs married 6 yrs and this is their first baby, so excited. He is my baby having a baby, he is 30yrs old, so its about that time. They've just been busy having fun going on cruise ships traveling here and there. They are always on the go. So please pray pray pray. My husband is of the mindset that prayer doesn't change a thing that God will do what He will do and our prayers won't change anything. Well you and I know better than that! I told him that came straight from hell and I can't believe he's buying it. I want to get into it with him but I think its best left in the Lords hands. He's 63 been a Christian 22yrs and I just can't believe he believes that, ugh!
@Butchcass4 I will pray that he has a change of mind regarding the trip to NC for Thanksgiving. It would be good for all of you. Yes, I heartily believe prayer changes things. Moses is a good example of God changing his mind when Moses stood in the gap for the people.
@just4him Thanks for sharing that. My husband does not believe that prayer works he believe God will do what God will do regardless if you pray or not, its a lie straight from the pit of hell. Please pray for him to see this lie he's believeing.. He's been a Christian 22 years and last deer season he wanted a big buck, well apparently he prayed for one and he didn't get it but a sinner got one that was shown in the paper. He's been messed up about prayer ever since. I personally can't believe he bought that lie, but he has and its serious. A Christian not praying is very serious we have 4 children and 7 grandchildren with one on the way. They all need his prayers. O God of heaven please have mercy on my husband and help him to see the lie he's believing!
@stringer321 (2664)
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
Your cottage looks nice, I like how it is made of wood, I like the garden that you have and it looks like you have even more nature around your house. That's good, you can raise a dog and let him run, you can play with the dog. It seems like you have a lot of space for you and for your husband, but, your son is already married and you may be happy to have a dog to amuse you and give you some extra company. I also see you have a big barbecue. Maybe you can invite some neighbors around to come over and eat. Watch out for the wooden floor with the fire though. Can you please show some more photos from inside your house ? Maybe the living room ? maybe the bed room, maybe the kitchen ?
@stringer321 Ok I took the pictures but where do I put them? Theres like 4-6 pictures of what you wanted. Please let me know so I can show you our home.
@Mike197602 (13421)
• Worcester, England
@Butchcass4 you can add them to your comments or edit and put a collage of pictures as your main picture.
@stringer321 All thats available when I make a comment is Enter up to 5 tags seperated by commas. sorry thats all I see. Did you mean when I add a discussion?
@Mike197602 (13421)
• Worcester, England
Looks a nice place Over here we'd not call that a cottage as it doesn't seem to have a second floor. I looked up the definition out of interest and see over time it has changed according to where you live so in the US I can see why it would be called a cottage.
What would you call it in England?
@Mike197602 (13421)
• Worcester, England
@Butchcass4 I don't really know...a bungalow maybe. I've not ever seen that style of house over here.
@Mike197602 What are homes in England called? Do you have trailers people live in there?
what a cute lil place :) bummer 'bout that bathtub, reckon ya could fit one 'n outdoors with a privacy curtain/fence? i've squeezed'n 38 folks fer holiday feeds here, lol. standin' room only 'n fortunately many were comin'/goin' to'n from workin' cattle. i hope that'cher able to make't to yer sons place. sometimes 'tis nice to let others do all the cookin' :)
@crazyhorseladycx Thank you and I hope we can make it to our sons place too. Time will tell. Squeez'n 38 people in must have been good crazy for sure. Now thats a gathering I'll say.
@Butchcass4 yer welcome :) yes ma'am, but 'twas prolly the best turkey day we've e'er 'd. lots 'f laughter 'n good memories.
@crazyhorseladycx Thats awesome I'm happy for you. Memories are so wonderful. Every good gift comes down from the Father of lights. He sure was shinning on you all that day.
Very cute! The yard looks much nicer than our yard !
@much2say Thank you. We rent it and my husband does alot of work on the property and landscaping. I wished I had before pictures so you could see how awful it was when we moved in. My husband is a carpenter and landscaper or it wouldn't look so nice. I keep the inside going for the most part. My husband does help me out with that at times too. Depends on what shift he's working. If he's working 2nd or 3rd shift he doesn't really help, but 1st shift he does. He's an amazing man and I love him dearly. We're hoping we can just stay here til the fulfillment of our days. Til the Lord calls us home. Do you know Jesus? Do you know if you were to die tonight where you would go?
@Butchcass4 Oh, it does help that hour husband knows how to do all that stuff! We have a lot of ideas as we are artists - but we don't have much time or energy to execute our project ideas !
@much2say I'm sorry you don't have much time or energy to execute your project ideas. Usually my husband is too busy working swing shift to do much around the house but he's been laid off here and there and so he's been able to get some projects done. May the Lord bless you with some time to get your projects done in Jesus name
Your cottage looks wonderful. It is just right for two people!
@Corbin5 Thank you and it is perfect for 2 people, which makes it hard a times as it is really too small to have more than one or two people stay. I have 4 children and 7 grandchildren and one on the way. My youngest daughter has 3 children and she's 2 hours away, then my oldest Son lives in SC and my youngest Son lives in NC with his pregnant wife. I miss my family so very much and am praying the Lord will work it out so we can go to see them. Please pray for this that God will work this through. It breaks my heart that I don't get to see them all. We've lived here nearly 8 yrs in November this year. We used to live in a 13 room 2 story home major square footage, I think was about 3800 square foot. It took some getting used to.
@Butchcass4 Prayers coming your way. Yes, we had 2500 square feet and now have 1347. Took some getting used to, but is so much easier to take care of. We are fortunate that my side of the family lives in the same community so it is easy to keep in contact. Will pray that God helps in this matter for you.
@Corbin5 I cannot tell you how very grateful I am that you are praying for me and my family. May God bless you in a very special way. You are very special and your also my Sister in Christ. Again thank you for your prayers
@tzwrites (3210)
The cottage looks cosy and sounds like it is a nice place to spend time.
@tzwrites Wow this is awesome I'm conversing with someone from Germany. You are special! Do you know Jesus Christ as your Savior? I ask because I want to make sure you know Him as He loves you and gave His life for you and me and the whole world
@RubyHawk (21097)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I love your cottage, I hope you and hubby will be happy there and you get the holidays worked out to both yours and his satisfaction.
@RubyHawk Thank you we love it too. God so blessed us with this cottage. It's just right for the two of us. God will have to work out the rest I guess as my hands are tied.
Your cottage looks lovely. We used to live in a small cottage type house and moved to this bigger house. A lot of the time I miss that cottage as the two of us don't need all this space and overnight visitors don't come that often.
@paigea Thank you it is very lovely, my husband has put a lot of work into it. Wished you could have seen what it looked like before, ugh! What a mess it was. There are frequent times when I wished we were back in the other house so we would have room for our family. But God works it all out. It's all in His plans for our lives and our families lives.
Your place looks very nice.
@marlina Thank you very much. We've been here nearly 8 years and my husband has done a lot of landscaping and work on the house itself. He does it for free. I'm guessing that may be one reason why the landlords have not raised our rent. Praise be to God. Thank You Lord for this cottage in Jesus' name
@Hate2Iron (7310)
Would love to have a cottage... enjoy!
@Hate2iron Thank you so much. The Lord truly blessed us. And we rent it and our landlords are a beautiful Christian couple. They've never raised our rent in nearly 8 years. We only pay $450.00, blessing huh! We thank our God for all that we have as we are so blessed. It comes with 2 acres too and my husband is quite the landscaper. I'm going to share some more pics if I can figure it out.
Your cottage looks very nice, and so do the surroundings.
@louievill (15873)
It's very beautiful! I love simple living and your place looks very cozy.