Has the boy child been neglected?

@jbaraka (241)
Nairobi, Kenya
With the girl child empowerment around the globe and especially my country Kenya, I feel the boy child has been neglected. Everything around me is all about girls. Boys n young men are indulging into different things. The battle is being lost on one end. We have developed a brand of ladies who are not ready to respect a man for who he is. I guess this has contributed as one of the leading cause of divorce and separation. Could I be wrong? What's your say?
@zarlamain (24140)
Kenya is a country known for a lot of high rape statistics by men against women. The justice system doesn't punish rapists enough in that country and in cases, the justice system protects the men. I think it's wonderful that the country is offering more support to women. They could use it.
@jbaraka (241)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I think the greatest challenge we had is trying to settle outside the court. In some cultures, even parents of difiled young girls let perpetrators go free just because of some settlement out of court. This letting monsters prey on innocence of children something I condemn. However the empowerment I'm seeing has left out boys. Remember they suffer in silence. All I'm saying is let's strike a balance.
@zarlamain (24140)
@jbaraka Yes, a balance would be good. There's so much rape going on in African countries. It would be fair if there was a balance going on for both genders. It's unfortunate how their own parents are letting those criminals go by settling outside of court like that. I'm sure the children feel very betrayed. Just so unfortunate.