How to get the best out of myLot

By JJ
G'mornin' fellow Lotters. *sips coughee* 30 of the 4 in the A of the M. Nice and cool out (72.5 F) which is a blessing, we've been in the middle of a heat wave that finally broke overnight. The heat index was about 40 degrees hotter at 8 last night when I started trying to go to sleep (took a couple hours, the fans weren't helping much). Customers drive me insane some days. Had a woman call on the phone Friday complaining about the sumo suits she rented; her claim was 'they smell too bad to wear'. I call bullsh--. They are cleaned inside and outside with disinfectant/deodorant before being packed to ship out, but we occasionally get these people that decide they don't want to spend the money we have charged them and want a refund. Anyway, we said we would overnight ship another set to her (at a cost of about $190 to us.) I was already off work, but I printed up a shipping label, jumped in the van, went to work and picked up a set and took them to UPS to ship. Problem solved. (Or so I thought.) Then a few minutes after I got home, I realize I had checked 'Next Day Shipping' on the UPS label...but hadn't checked 'Deliver On Saturday'. That meant even though it was Friday, UPS wouldn't deliver them until Monday. So I printed another label, jumped in the van, went to UPS, and they hadn't processed it yet thankfully, so I changed labels, and all was good. Or so I thought. Driving home, the cell phone rings...it's the customer calling again. 'It's supposed to get to 105 outside tomorrow and that's too hot to wear those heavy suits so could you just cancel the second shipment you were sending me?' *makes u-turn and drives back to UPS again to get suits* And of course, now she wants a full refund on her money. And she'll get it, even though the odds of her being truthful about the suits 'smelling too bad to wear' are about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000, to 1. We don't argue about it...we just take the shipping costs as a loss and move on...however, they have earned a place in our hearts reserved for fools and infidels. *sips coughee* *tries to light a cigarette* *pack is empty* Hell dammit...looks like I need to run to the store, so I'll stop for now. But oh yeah...'how to get the best out of myLot'...just try to write interesting discussions that draw the member in, and then maybe (perhaps) comment back to them when they respond. (Yeah yeah yeah...I'm guilty of not always commenting back, but I try). Laterz. (Today's music from The Edgar Winter Group)
From the 1972 album THEY ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT. Along with his brother the best albinos in Rock and Roll! Edgar Winter - Keyboards, Vocals Chuck Ruff - Drum...
Isn't the English language funny? I'm sure the suits don't leave the American continent, yet you 'ship' them.
We sure don't 'post' them...the mail carrier would look a bit funny trying to carry a 50 lbs package around. Shipments to California (or Alaska or Hawaii) can be a few thousand miles just going there.
@JolietJake I think that 'to post something' means to send something somewhere without being precise about the means of transportation. Everything from pigeon to rocket is possible. Is that not so? I've just checked and learnt that my use of the verb is mainly British English. Aha. Definition: "Chiefly British. to place in a post office or a mailbox for transmission; mail."
@MALUSE To 'post' usually means the postman (mail carrier) will be carrying it. You'll never see a company 'post' a large package...at least I never have. Everything I order has a 'shipping' number.
stupid b!tch
Yeah, that is what I felt like screaming into the phone, but
@Mike197602 (13367)
• Worcester, England
saves me writing a response...stupid b1tch
Good morning, we had a little early morning rain storm here. It is still warm and muggy, but they are calling for drier air to come thru this afternoon, but still hot, so I won't be able to wear a sumu suit (other than what my own skin resembles) today either.
Hey, if you wanna run around nekkid, I promise not to look...much
@JolietJake Yeah, you're funny, I do not run! lol
@Juliaacv I've said for a few years now if I had to run from the cops, I hope they are slow walkers because I can walk fast and that's about it
@Stitch95 (191)
Not what I expected to be reading, but a good read nonetheless! It's good to know that customers in the US are just as bad as the ones here in the UK :') I hope after all of that running around you at least got to have a sit down!
I actually came home and took a nap
@Stitch95 (191)
@JolietJake Ahh, naps are always the best! I have so many naps at this point it's basically pointless for me to even wake up!
Geez, or how to get the best out of a sumo suit company? What a weenie of customer . . . no more sumo suits for her!
We had a lady once that claimed she didn't get a mat with her set...which was total bull, we had exactly enough for every set and none laying around the shop, but what can you do?
@JolietJake It's such a specialized niche of a company, you just know when these customers are telling lies through their teeth. I don't know how you keep your cool like you do!
You stay so calm through these absurdities. People! Thank goodness you have good music to listen to and coughee.
Have to...the site's reputation depends on how we handle idiots.
@JolietJake ......And they do abound don't they?
maybe she was just an idiot and didnt realize they were going to smell like, well the materials they were made from!
Some people are just dolts, I believe
@boiboing (12198)
• Northampton, England
Any connection between that album and Hall and Oates? I'm referring to the line 'They only come out at night'.
None that I know of...Edgar used it only as a title, it doesn't appear in a lyric on it
Oh my, what an annoying customer! If she would have told the truth immediately she would have spared your time to go back and forth to UPS. I hope you have a black book to write down the names of those customers.
We pretty much remember them since all orders are kept on file.
Edgar Winter? I suddenly feel like Frankenstein.
It's a Friday Music reissue instead of an original unfortunately, but they did a good job pressing it
@Macarrosel (7573)
You're right, posting interesting discussions, commenting and responding their posts are the best strategy to earn more and be happy here. By the way, smoking is dangerous to your health. Just a healthy reminder from me.
@succeednow (1636)
@JolietJake That's an interesting story to start the day. I must say I enjoyed reading it
That's part of the 'secret', making the discussion interesting.
@skysnap (17819)
How to get best out of mylot? simple. listen to our cat overlords
I've been listening to him already today...in/out/in/out/in/out...he can't make his mind up.
all good advice take c are JJ
You got a client from hell there JJ. Hate those kinds of people. At least, the customer won't bother you again. Those types of customers will drive you bonkers!