Removing the tough stain on the marble floor using Lemon

Hyderabad, India
I could not realize the benefits of using the lemons until a need was felt decluttering my house last sunday. There were some tough stains on the marble floor of the room. I had been trying many products available in the market . But my suddenly I saw some lemons when I opened the Fridge and memorized an article 'benefits of lemon "read in article long back. Cut a lemon and kept half slice of it on a table SALT and rubbed it over the tough stain on the marble floor vigorously. The tough stain on the floor vanished amazingly. You too can do it for removing the tough stains on the marble floor. No need to purchase products available in the market.
@vandana7 (57210)
WRONG thing to do! Lemon has citric acid in it. It creates small small holes which destroys smoothness...every 10 years or so, calling those polishing companies is necessary I think.
• Hyderabad, India
vigorous rubbing does not make any holes. You are not supposed to leave it like that. If you leave it like that it definitely spoil the polish as it has got citric acid as you said.
@vandana7 (57210)
@shivamani10 ... That shine would only last for a couple of days or weeks...and those micropores will get filled with dirt.
@PatZAnthony (11728)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
This is so clever and so good to know! It is always better to use something like the simple lemon and a bit of salt instead of the chemical filled products sold in the markets.
• Hyderabad, India
vigorous rubbing is necessary. do not leave it long.
@acelawrites (10648)
Could it work on water stains at the bathroom? Will try it too.