He wants to be on top of me ..

By Bess
@epiffanie (8310)
Australia
. My mother in-law's ashes that we keep in the formal lounge room waiting to be reunited with my father in-law's ashes ( who is still alive at 90 ) , reminded me of the conversation my husband and I had a few years ago about death, funerals, burials etc.. I said that it would be nice if we can be buried side by side. But to cut the cost, we could just purchase one burial site and we could be buried one on top of the other .. "Well, in that case, I will be on top", he said "What? You want me to die first?" , I asked "Oh no! if I die first, and you second, then my remains should be placed on top of you", he winked and laughed Hmmn . Why are men always want to be on top? Can't they carry their own weight? Joking aside, I actually now prefer to be cremated and ashes be thrown anywhere . I don't even want funerals, flowers, eulogies and people crying because I died.. I don't want anyone to see me laying there in my coffin. I don't want viewing or I will suddenly open my eyes and scare the living daylight out of them..And plus I don't want them to put make up on me because I have very sensitive skin .. ahahhaah!! And what about my eyebrows, they may not draw them evenly .. hehehe!! .. But my sons told me that I should not worry about what they would do with me when I die. Because they might decide to bury me upside down, standing up, sitting or kneeling down .. lol .. Rotten kids!! .. Anyway, do you and your family talk openly about deaths and funerals?..Or are you one of those who are uncomfortable talking about it?.. Bess... Photo is of our wedding.. I made my wedding dress and his suit including the shirt and his cravat .. .
Yes, we talked about it with our only child , our daughter . At least she knows what we like and those are same thoughts as you . I don't want to be viewed too in my coffin . So , i have to be cremated then the urn could be displayed for them to pay their last respects of me. My hubby shares the same thoughts as me on cremation too . You and your husband looks good together . Your husband is handsome . Your dress too and your husband suits looks so nice . Congratulations to your skill of sewing .
@epiffanie (8310)
thank you @SIMPLYD .. It is good that you and your husband have agreed on that.. Some couples have different views therefore it becomes a difficult decision ..
@epiffanie Luckily , we both have the same thinking on that .
You are such a talented seamstress! We have talked about our dying and will be cremated and our ashes buried in a rose garden at the cemetery - probably. At least that's the plan at the moment.
@epiffanie (8310)
Thank you Judy! .. It's just a job to me rather than talent really..
@epiffanie I know differently! It's talent! I can't even hem hankies in a straight line.
@epiffanie (8310)
@JudyEv Yes a lot of people say it's talent .. but I guess it's one of those easy to learn if one really wants to learn it ..
I try not to talk about it. I am praying Jesus comes back before I die and, makes the perfect Earth where we can all live forever.
@epiffanie (8310)
I do understand why you feel that way .. But the only way to make a perfect earth is to get rid of all the pests that are ruining it .. and that's us humans ..
@epiffanie .Once God destroys Satan earth can be perfect, we are Gods children not pests.
@epiffanie (8310)
@TRBRocks420 Of all God's creatures, we humans are the only ones that takes and takes ..We ruin the planet because of greed.. We are the only ones that kill for no reason at all .. that makes us "pests" .. don't you think?
@JustBhem (26281)
• Davao, Philippines
The last time. Me and the boyfrient talk about if I'm going to die. I told him. I don't want sad songs being played. I want disco or my favorite songs aired. Then I don't want to here people how sorry they are because I die. Then the boyfriend said he will visit me every sunday. lol
@epiffanie (8310)
@JustBhem I hope whatever your condition is, won't be in the way of your living your life to it's fullest ..
Your wedding dress is gorgeous - I haven't given any thought to what happens to me when I die!
@epiffanie (8310)
Thank you Christina! .. not many people think about it .. and some do but don't like talking about it..
@marsha32 (6770)
I've heard that you can share a plot, but have no idea if they really allow that. We are so ill prepared here for our deaths. My hubby does have life insurance, but I have none.
@epiffanie (8310)
I don't know if sharing a plot is allowed here in Australia either .. But I know that in the Philippines, they do ..
@acelawrites (10866)
I don't like talking about it, but sometimes I am thinking of such; of how my family will do if I go first, etc.I wish they can find the fine clothes I have ( a pina jusi dress and blouse; sort of a formal dress).
@epiffanie (8310)
Wow, I didn't think of what clothes to wear.. Maybe I should think of it too..
@bunnybon7 (34458)
• Holiday, Florida
wow you are quite talented. I have my husbands ashes, the good last hubby that is, for me to go in with. my daughter will talk about it uncomfortably at times and assure me they will spread us in Vegas. but I told her if she don't have the money just throw us where ever.
@epiffanie (8310)
thank you @bunnybon7 ,, I would like for my husband and I to be together too .. anywhere will do ..