Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 129 Psalm 119:81 Psalm 119:81 CAPH. My soul faints for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word. 82 Mine eyes fail for thy word, saying, When wilt thou comfort me? 83 For I am become like a bottle in the smoke; yet do I not forget thy statutes. 84 How many are the days of thy servant? When wilt thou execute judgment on them that persecute me? 85 The proud have dug pits for me, which are not after thy law. 86 All thy commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully; help thou me. 87 They had almost consumed me upon earth; but I forsook not thy precepts. 88 Quicken me after thy loving kindness; so shall I keep the testimony of thy mouth. If you are like me, you longed for something so much you could envision it, either by taste, smell, or sight, and when the opportunity came for you to take hold of it, it was ambrosia to your soul. That’s how the psalmist felt about God and his Word. God’s law, precepts, statutes, and testimonies were comforting to him. Wherever he looked, he saw persecution. Yet his eyes were on God’s loving kindness and faithfulness. He rehearsed God’s testimonies for those times when his enemies dug pits for him and intended only evil towards him. As Christians, we know Satan digs pits for us all the time. He causes problems from every direction. Yet our hope, our salvation is found in Jesus Christ. It is his mercy, faithfulness, and loving kindness, which comfort us, renew us and make us alive. Our thoughts should not dwell on what Satan can do to us, but on what God will do for us. Jesus did not promise us all our days would be good once we accepted him as Savior and Lord, but he did promise to be with us. John 17:15 I pray not that thou should take them out of the world, but that thou should keep them from the evil. When we realize how deep God’s love is for us, and that he will move heaven and earth to protect us, then we will be able to stand against anything Satan can throw at us. Let’s pray: Father, you are my strength, my hope, and my protection from all Satan’s evil schemes against me. Help me stand in your faithfulness proclaiming my salvation as you renew me daily in your word. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 26 July 2016 by Valerie Jean Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@sugartoes (35481)
• Greencastle, Indiana
amen god has our life in his hands he is watching everything that is going on & he is with us every min of the day as well. but sometimes we lose our faith in him with the way things we don't see anything being changed or done to fix it all. I know we have to rely on how we KEEP our faith in him open to make things change for us but that's not a easy task but neither is life but we just keep digging in to make things better.
Well said! We do need to just keep digging in.
@shshiju (9541)
• Cochin, India
Do you know who written these Psalms?
There are several authors for Psalms. King David wrote 103 of them. Others are attributed to Solomon, Moses, Korah and his sons, and others. For Psalm 119 which has 22 sections, we don't know who the writer is. It's easy to see that there are several different authors for this Psalm.
@shshiju (9541)
• Cochin, India
@just4him Different authors of different period.
Amen my friend, with God we can get through anything.
Yes we can.
@zap_81 (1024)
Sorry but what is creative about your posts. You are just copy pasting everyday ?
I only copy and paste the scripture which is public domain. Everything else about this post is mine. All my posts are mine, they are not copy and paste. I don't know if I should take that as a compliment that you think I am that good of a writer, since I am an author or that you can't tell the difference between what someone writes as their own and a true copy and paste. You will never find anything that is plagiarized on any of my posts.
Satan loves to cause problems in our lives.
It's his main purpose.