GPS Got Us Lost

Green Bay, Wisconsin
My road trip took a little longer than expected. I just got home about 15 minutes ago. I rode down to Milwaukee with one other person whose appointment was at 3, where mine was at 2, and his was in a different location. He finished up at 4:30, so we didn't leave Milwaukee until 4:45. It was while on the way home to take an easier route to drop him off because coming from Milwaukee he would be the closest drop-off, the GPS routed us in a direction that took us way out of the way to get him home. However, all's good. We got back on track and got home a short while ago. I go back now in 8 weeks. By which time I will be completely moved. I will also need to notify Social Services of the move next week so they get everything changed. I will need to anyway as my son will no longer be on my FoodShare. So lots still happening. I did get two pieces of my computer - the monitor and the monitor cord. Now I'm only waiting on the computer itself. I also got my vitamins from FedEx and notification in my e-mail that my swimming suit is ready for pick-up. So things are going right so far, just got a little lost on the way home. We stopped and got some gas and I got a couple Hershey's candy bars. I ate one, but the other turned to mush. It's in the freezer getting solid again. Just shows how hot it was today. The air in the car felt good. The picture is a trestle bridge outside the location where we were picking up the other passenger. I haven't seen one of those in a long time, so I thought I would also share it with you. How was your day? Thanks for reading.
GPS did that to me in more times than I can count. Talk about being given the run around by technology. Day is fine so far. Almost 10 in the morning here in Manila. All is quiet so far. Hopefully, it stays like that the whole day.
I hope you had a good day.
@just4him I did!
@tech40 (9260)
That is the reason why I never trust GPS specially if I'm not familiar with the place.. It's fine hoping to get more fine day hehe
I don't own one either. I'm glad you had a good day.
@ridingbet (52561)
that is a good day, my dear. well, my day here is as usual, hot...
Despite the heat, I hope you're having a good day.
@ridingbet (52561)
@just4him the hotnss and losing my eyeglasses only adds to my disgust my friend.
@ridingbet I'm sure it does. Have you gotten your new pair yet?
@RubyHawk (25024)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Sounds like a good but busy day. Love your picture. i see one of those on railroads over the river or ditches sometimes.
It's been a while since I saw one of those bridges. We don't have one in Green Bay.
@RubyHawk (25024)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@just4him We still have some but they are fading away.
@RubyHawk Yes they are. While I was growing up there was a steel girder bridge similar to that crossing one of the bridges here. When I moved back, I fully expected to still see that bridge. It was the highlight of my trip to and from Green Bay. However, it was no longer here, and I had a hard time trying to figure out which bridge it was on. However, I remembered the newspaper office was just before the bridge and it's still there, so deductions got it straightened out in my mind. Sometimes I just hate progress and wish we could go back to some things the way they were. Not all, but at least those things that made life picturesque.
I am glad you reached home safely. My day started off lazily, which is not unusual owing to the vacation I am on. You definitely have your hands full at the moment. I hope you make a smooth transition, without much trouble.
Everything is going well at the moment.
@just4him Glad to hear that.
It's a good thing that you let someone ride with you , having the same destination and route .
I wasn't driving. I don't when I go to Milwaukee. I know better.
@just4him Oh i see .
@just4him glad you got home albeit the long way. But glad you are getting that swimsuit then you can hit the pool. I had a fine day just read all day!
Yes, I picked up the suit yesterday and tried it on. Perfect fit. Now I'm ready for the pool. I'm glad you had a good day reading.
you know it's hot when the candy melts before you can eat it
I've never had that happen before. I didn't expect it would melt with the air conditioning on in the car. Now I know it doesn't matter either way.
We only had those bridges for trains, never for the cars, it's a long time that I do not see one.
I'm quite sure it's a railroad trestle. It's been a long time since I saw one too.
My week has been good so far. On vacation at the beach right now. The GPS always gets my boyfriend and I lost, but most of the time he just misses the exit or turn.
That's not too bad then. An easy turn around. I hope you're having a fun vacation.
@lilnana1111 (2343)
My day was ok, busy. I remember our first GPS got us lost, I'm glad they do better now days.
I've never had one, but got one with the car I now have. It is outdated and often turned off on me, so I don't use it.
@succeednow (1636)
The GPS is not perfect. I would rather consult a good map beforehand as I find this to be more reliable and accurate. Hopefully in a couple of years' time they can get it to work "perfectly".
Do you really think so? I usually use a map, especially if I'm going where I've never been before.
We had a GPS when we were overseas but she got us lost once or twice. It's annoying and can be difficult to 'fix' if you don't really know the area.
Yes it can be. Thankfully the driver knew the area and how to get us back on track. It just took longer than it should have.
@rina110383 (24135)
It's my lunch break. I spent my morning reading some judgments of the lower court. After my break, I'll start drafting the petition for our client.
I hope you had a good day.
@artemeis (4017)
I just have to ask that you do some homework regarding these navigational system and guide apps. I don't buy in easily and definitely will not use it if they are not reviewed by the experts with some handy and sound advice on what to do with it. If it comes with the car then check with your car manufacturers to see if it is due for a workshop appointment to upgrade the software. Rain seems to have stopped here in most parts of China and we are going to see a very hot summer season ahead. It is going to take a while to get use to the weather but I think we should be alright.
I wasn't the one driving and it wasn't my GPS. I don't have a GPS. I usually use a map when I go anywhere I'm not familiar with.
Good thing you were able to get back on track. My day is hot and hoping for a rain but I don't think it's possible.
Yes, we got on track. Hot here too. I hope you get some rain.
This is why I would never trust GPS. A map can do the job and who do you trust, your mind or some computer voice?
I trust my mind, but sometimes if that might be foolish too.
That sounds like your day was not to bad. glad you made it home ok.
It took three hours longer than I expected because the other person's appointment was later, and then getting lost with the GPS. I was glad to get home.
when I was a kid on a farm in South Dakota the railroad tracks ran through some of our farm land. was fascinated by a trestle but got really scared when I saw a train coming as ilt would have brushed against me not a lot of room around that trestle but the engineer saw me and slowed the train and yelled at me to run back off the trestle so there was room for me to walk and the train to go on into the station.
I'm very happy the engineer saw you and slowed so you could get far enough away to be safe.