Failed in Two Tests

@acelawrites (12740)
I got the laboratory results of my blood chemistry tests, and while the other results were good, I failed in the blood sugar and uric acid tests. They went overboard by two points each. At least all my cholesterol levels, triglycerides, etc.were on the normal levels, but I have to diet to reduce my sugar level to normal level; also with the uric acid. I am still happy they are manageable and I think I do not need to take medications for it. This was my assessment of the laboratory results though the doctor have to interpret it tomorrow during my consultation with her. It is easy to tell the results because the normal levels are indicated in the exam results, so I can compare if the results were high, low or at normal levels. This is just part of our regular checkup. Do you also get medical checkups each year or every six months or monthly?
It is good that controlling your diet can help remedy a few of the results. Nope. I do not go for checkups since I have had my fill of doctors from starting with kidney disease at age 5. I do consult a doctor is something appears to be wrong, though.
is kidney disease hereditary @corbin5?
@acelawrites (12740)
So you had a lot of doctor's visits when you were a child.
@acelawrites Yes, all the way into young adulthood too and my 30s too.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Yes, I have checkups regularly. I also like to see my results written up so I can compare them. Glad you can work with yours.
@acelawrites (12740)
I am so lazy going for such checkups, but my husband was so insistent, saying he had paid for our medical cards and it would be worthless if we don't use it. Yes, am glad the results are relatively good.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@acelawrites If there is something wrong, it's best to be aware and get it taken care of early.
@acelawrites (12740)
@RubyHawk so true, it is better be proactive to avoid so much worries and expenses.
@hereandthere (33424)
were you surprised about your blood sugar and uric acid levels or kind of suspecting/expecting it to be elevated?
@acelawrites (12740)
I know they are higher than normal due to some indications/signs. I know when my uric acid level is high when I experience difficulty standing from sitting for so long.
@acelawrites are you still using your juicer and drinking natural smoothies? did it help or not?
@acelawrites (12740)
@hereandthere I am still using it, and from time to time drinking my "miracle" juice, plus my biking exercise. My husband and I were discussing that it could be the ones who helped me achieve this.In the past,I had my legs swollen, so painful and I could hardly walk.
I do now that I have a medical condition. I'll be going for my yearly check up in September for the medical condition I have.
@acelawrites (12740)
So September is your regular schedule? I usually do it twice ot thrice a year; but my husband needed it more often.
@acelawrites No. I was expecting an automatic appointment in July. Some doctors do that, but it didn't happen, and I waited too long to make the appointment for August, so it's scheduled for the first week in September.
@acelawrites (12740)
@just4him hope it will go on smoothly.
@epiffanie (10447)
We also go through an annual medical check up .. It is important ..
@acelawrites (12740)
Yes, though I am so lazy to do it, my husband is so persistent because we had not used our health card which he pays every January and it will expire in December.
@epiffanie (10447)
@acelawrites oh you must use that card before it expires ..
@acelawrites (12740)
@epiffanie yes,the reason why he urged me to go and have that check-up. Thanks for the reminder.
Being able to control it by diet and not having to take medication is a good sign that you can still remedy it.
@acelawrites (12740)
I am so happy about it, Marilyn; though I haven't shown it to my doctor who might still prescribe some medicines. But I do not like to take it, so I might go on with my diet plans.
@acelawrites maybe your doctor will give you a few months to prove your diet can work. Sometimes they would rather not prescribe if it isn't totally necessary. Good luck as our health is important
@acelawrites (12740)
@Marilynda1225 Thanks for this. As we grow older, there is really a need to be careful about our health.
At least they are still manageable and doesn't need medication yet . I have mine every 3 months , because the doctor wants to always make sure that i am in normal level in all aspect of the blood chem . Though sometimes , my cholesterol would go beyond the normal .
@acelawrites (12740)
It is good your health indicators are all in normal levels. Cholesterol level is easy to manage.Congrats for that.
@acelawrites Thank you . My uric acid was below the normal .
@Bhebelen14 (5206)
Medical check up every 6 months not because I am sick must taking advantage the free health card from my husband company as you know medical check up and laboratories are quiet expensive.
@acelawrites (12740)
We also do it because the health card will expire by December, so we have to use it to monitor our health condition.
@acelawrites good to know you have a health card too is really a big help.
@skysnap (18248)
Diet control is not easy. Hope you get things back in order.
@acelawrites (12740)
It is not easy indeed, because it is hard to tell which food to eat. But I follow some healthy tips like eating lots of vegetables and some fruits that are not so high in sugar (fructose).
@skysnap (18248)
@acelawrites true that.
@Macarrosel (7536)
Honestly, I seldom have a medical check up. The last time I did was long time ago. After reading your post, I'm guilty for not taking time to have a medical check up. Maybe soonest I will do it. Thanks for reminding us.
@acelawrites (12740)
I only do blood chemistry,or called Chem.8 which is already complete plus urine test. Women also have to undergo pap smear and mammogram regularly but I am so lazy to undergo them.
@rina110383 (24065)
No, only when the need arises. My parents do get medical check-ups frequently ina year.
@acelawrites (12740)
If you are still so young and feel so healthy, you might not need it. Elders do really need it.