it's going to be a SCORCHER

@sugartoes (33732)
Greencastle, Indiana
we have a few things we need to do today in this HOT day & we have to be in BIG Bertha which is our 1985 dodge van we've had since we got married 30 yrs ago in 87 she's OLD but she's STILL running good. she don't have A/C but o.k. We have to go take some stuff to good will & do some other stuff today so I'm gonna be ready for the heat with a wet towel to keep cool with & a ice chest with COLD water in it to keep cool with cause with my bronchitis it will act up on me if I don't. So if anyone has to be out in this heat PLEASE take something with you to stay cool with & plenty of water & BE safe out there.
Its hot and humid here also, I'm taking it nice and slow today. I hope that you do the same.
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Juliaacvoh YEAH I'm back inside where it's nice & cool for the day till tomorrow but we'll be in a a/c car to do what we have to do then
@sugartoes I cannot go without a/c, in the house or the car. I spend very little time outside because its just to drastically hot for my likings. Our neighbours don't have a/c in their home and we don't know how they manage.
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Juliaacv I hear ya it's not fun being hot & sweaty & sticky too it's not hard to do with a c if you know how to keep cool with a wet towel on you & the fan blowing it keeps you cool.
@VivaLaDani13 (16103)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes It's starting to get a bit hot over here now. I hate the heat!
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 you a little late on this one cause now it's starting to cool off getting ready for winter in a few mos.
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes haha I know! But my comment is still true. It is getting hot here.
@Daljinder (19767)
@VivaLaDani13 Want me to send some chilly air from here? It's cold at night and in the early mornings. Starting to get the blankets out
@Daljinder (19767)
Oh we are having rains lately. So heat is almost gone.
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Daljinder not here it's JUST starting to get the (HOT) weather here from August to Nov is gonna be out HOTTEST season here.
@Daljinder (19767)
@sugartoes In November. we will officially have winters here. It will stay here until mid Feb... or maybe later... since weather timings have all changed.
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Daljinder winter to me is when the weather gets & STAYS cold so my winter comes in Nov & stays till April
It will be miserably hot here too. Yesterday was awful. Glad you will be prepared for the heat today!
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 yeah I have to be as with my bronchitis I can't afford to NOT be cause when I get too hot it acts up & I hate that when it does.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
You be careful in that heat. I don't plan to be out in the heat today but I will have my cold water if I have to.
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 I do, yeah I try to stay in as much as possible if I can, but when you have things you have to do there's no way you can stay inside so I do make sure I'm ready to be out in it for any length of time to have everything I need
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@sugartoes That is good to hear. I ended up being out in the heat more than I wanted to today. I did have my water with me.
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 yeah you got to have something COLD with you to drink out in the heat I take my apple juice with me when I go out that's ALL I drink after my hot chocolate protein drink in the morn that's the 1st thing I have every morn.
You've kept it running good for having it 30 years. I hope you survived the heat okay.
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
yeah hubby keeps it running for a back up in case the other van breaks down I know how to survive the heat as I know what it does to my bronchitis
@sugartoes That's good he's mechanically inclined.
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him yes he sure is he's my handy Andy of MOST trades
Thank goodness the humidity index is not as high so 94 degrees right now does NOT feel sticky hot, however if I do go out today, white clothes, cool water and of course nothing with sugar in it !
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@enlightenedpsych2 I don't know where you are but here it's HOT & it didn't take very long to do what we had to do & got back home
@sugartoes one or two states over from you eastward
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@enlightenedpsych2 ha ha ha really?
@JustBhem (20650)
• Davao, Philippines
Same here. The sun is unbearable. You need to equip yourself with umbrella and water to freshen you up.
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JustBhem for real but I'm safe & sound back at home INSIDE nice & cool
@JustBhem (20650)
• Davao, Philippines
@sugartoes I agree. With AC in full blast and a nice movie. Great!
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JustBhem yeah I'm watching syfy shark week
@sishy7 (26665)
great advice there for anyone who has to be out and about in a scorching day...
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sishy7 thank you as it's no fun when a heat stroke gets you that's why when I go out I'm ready for it.
@sishy7 (26665)
@sugartoes We have the highest case of skin cancer down here, so there are always "Sun Smart" reminders during Summer. They use the '5-S' method to remind especially kids: 1. Slip - on sun protective clothing 2. Slop - on sunscreen lotion 3. Slap - on a broad-brimmed hat 4. Seek - cover under the shade 5. Slide - on wrap-around sunglasses
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sishy7 ha ha ha alrighty then, I guess that's one way of doing it
@UncleJoe (8071)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I don't have AC in my Explorer with over 400,000 miles either so I go out after dark. I can't breathe out there in the daytime.
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@UncleJoe that's not good when you can't breath when it's hot, it's not that I can't breath it just makes me cough really bad when I get hot & not feel so good. So I can understand how you feel be careful going out in the heat day or NIGHT
@mom210 (5800)
• Atlanta, Georgia
My son works outside all day doing lawns, I asked him if he had enough water, I do not want him dehydrated in this crazy heat.
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@mom210 I know that's right I USE to do yard work & that's where I learned how to stay cool ALL day long & that's why I make sure I keep a chill rag handy just so in case I have to go out in the heat I have it with me.
we are doing fine here.AC is on.Comfy.
@sugartoes (33732)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@amadeo ha ha ha that's where I am NOW after getting back nice & cool eating a bowl of spaghetti then after that going to bed for a nap for a few hrs so I can work at night where it's cooler