Diary Tuesday 26th July 2016

Photo taken by me – Manchester Mad Lab
Preston, England
After a day of heavy packing and box moving ready for my pending address change, I headed to Manchester to buy in more packing tape, or Scotch Tape as it’s called. I visited the library to prepare notes on work I was reviewing at a creative writing shop in the evening, and after some pub grub, I went to the writing group, my last meeting of its kind before moving house early next month. I got home and went to bed in a room where the living space is now severely restricted by the growing mountain of boxes, with a great deal more still to do over the fortnight before the move itself. My landlady sent me a draft edition of the quite basic tenancy agreement, which I need to show the DWP on Friday - not familiar with rents, arrears, deposits or rebates on such matters so lots to learn here The photo is of Manchester’s Mad Lab, venue of the writing group, Manchester Speculative Fiction, who I’ll miss greatly. Thanks folks. Arthur Chappell
I am super glad you are getting to move out!
• Preston, England
me too though it is a very demanding process
@arthurchappell it really is, still good that you are sorting through and tossing the damaged and moving on the unneeded things, always good.
• Preston, England
@Jessicalynnt just scary how much there is to throw away
How far from Manchester will you be? And is there a writing group where you're going?
• Preston, England
I'll be about 30 miles from home - not bad except I rely on public transport - there are writing, burlesque, and sf groups in Preston too @JudyEv
@arthurchappell Hopefully you'll feel at home in no time. 30 miles isn't too far except it can be become a very long way if the last bus has left.
• Preston, England
@JudyEv yes, though I know a few people in Manchester I could stay with overnight in emergencies
Sounds like you've had a busy day!
• Preston, England
it was very busy yes
i hope that they're able to help ya out with all that wordin', hon. so sad that'cher gonna lose this writin' group, reckon there's one near yer new place?